What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

soc123_au

Staff member
Answer for @Ned Kelly courtesy @Twizzle. So check that bell thing next to the envelope at the top of the screen and fool around with the options.

Ive been trying to set my preferences on Socky (@soc123_au ) alert myself but I’m afraid of being electrocuted each time he posts.

He’s a worthy opponent though, I’m sure he’s really nice in the fiction that is the real world.

View attachment 55117
I'd shout you a kebab and a refreshing carton of OAK at Panthers Kebabs if only you would see the light.

Hartigan was punching above his weight. He wasn’t suited for his role. He was failing hard and when he wasn’t able to knife Madge in the end of season review, Pascoe and Lee turned on him.

Madge was the fall guy who lived. Hartigan was the executioner who missed. Simple business.
Lol, my recollection is that you were death riding Mr Hartigan from the day he arrived.

That you were quick to highlight his every failing with little to no expression of joy regarding the greatest of his conquests.

Look it’s a worthy theory, it crossed my mind too, but I feel obliged to accept the general consensus that he left of his own accord.

Exhibit “A” was the press release.

On a closer analysis, it read like an obituary for Adolf Hitler from a Holocaust survivor.

Last edited:

stryker

First Grade
Lol, my recollection is that you were death riding Mr Hartigan from the day he arrived.

That you were quick to highlight his every failing with little to no expression of joy regarding the greatest of his conquests.

Look it’s a worthy theory, it crossed my mind too, but I feel obliged to accept the general consensus that he left of his own accord.

Exhibit “A” was the press release.

On a closer analysis, it read like an obituary for Adolf Hitler from a Holocaust survivor.
He was frogmarched.
What was his conquests again?

Conquests

Doogie
Lucy
Stef
Blore
Laurie
Peachey
Hastings
Gilbert
Ken
Etc
Got rid of Mbye, Reynolds and other pilchards.
Got rid of Benji.

Only 3 games away from finals glory with only a measly 66% of proper cap.

As @Tigerm reminds us.

Plodders list with the exception of some raw unproven talent.
The list of merkins he missed is far greater.
In the broad, he was stuck with offering players a 33% haircut in comparison to other clubs.

Theres a limit to how far a prospective player will bend over.

I think you’re a tad too harsh, but if you are right, sheens appears to be of the same opinion.

Then you might face the horrific prospect of an early membership renewal.

Last edited:

stryker

First Grade
In the broad, he was stuck with offering players a 33% haircut in comparison to other clubs.

I think you’re a tad too harsh, but if you are right, sheens appears to be of the same opinion.

I was sick to death of Sheens 9 years ago and I didnt agree with the decision to bring him back.
So far though, he has gotten rid of 3 underperforming arseholes. Who he replaces them with may and what talent he attracts and signs may sway me.

Magpies Forever

Juniors
I was sick to death of Sheens 9 years ago and I didnt agree with the decision to bring him back.
So far though, he has gotten rid of 3 underperforming arseholes. Who he replaces them with may and what talent he attracts and signs may sway me.
Agree at the time WT and Sheens parted ways they needed to apart. Sheens had become somewhat complacent but I still recall some of the episodes where ti was so obvious that Sheens knew how to play the game with the club much better than the club knew how to. I recall his last contract extension (2011?), he only had to say he was looking elsewhere for the club to rush and give him a further couple of years extension when they really should have held off and considered their options. By that stage his general mantra to the team was throw the ball to Benji and see what happens and the signing of a marquee player each season culminating in the disastrous Blair signing. But, having said all that, he has gone onwards, performed in England, had success there and seems happy to come back t the club as a senior manager able to manage things and use his skills and life experience to help the club. Im pleased he has come back and hope that he can get the club going in the right direction. At least its worth a try.

Fordy20

Juniors
Conquests

Doogie
Lucy
Stef
Blore
Laurie
Peachey
Hastings
Gilbert
Ken
Etc
Got rid of Mbye, Reynolds and other pilchards.
Got rid of Benji.

Only 3 games away from finals glory with only a measly 66% of proper cap.

That's damn fine work. Hartigan cleaned out the trash and his reward is to be marched out the door. We can add Hartigan to the same list Potter, Tuiaki and countless others are on, the list of people chewed up and spat out by this organisation. Simon Dwyer would still be on that list if Fittler hadn't shamed the club into finding a role for him. No wonder Josh Addo-Carr and a bunch of other stars didn't want to come to this club when that's the way we treat people.

WA Tiger

Bench

Sheens: ok so hatigan clarify again why you overreacted by tightening the reigns on $$ spent on players and by making it look like we can pick and choose star players for prices that suit us (like Easts can do) leading to embarrassing and crucial misses
And what was that shit that went down with Mr Junior. People were laughing about that half a world away

Last edited:

WA Tiger

Bench
S
Sheens: ok so hatigan clarify again why you overreacted by tightening the reigns on $$ spent on players and by making it look like we can pick and choose star players for prices that suit us (like Easts can do) leading to embarrassing and crucial misses
And what was that shit that went down with Mr Junior. People were laughing about that half a world away
Hartigan: But I cleaned out the trash.
Sheens: Trash until they played at another club. This team is your legacy and it’s still shit. This is not a climate policy goal by 2050. We need results by tomorrow by which time you will have your desk cleared