What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

macnaz

Staff member
Very good depth signing. We don't really have any wingers in the waiting. Talau and Kepoaoa can play there but realistically they are both better at center.

I read somewhere that Gidart has been very impressive at training. He struggled last year with his injury but it appears we have got him at 100% fitness. I'm not saying he is going to be amazing or anything but it looks like he will get the starting spot. I wouldn't mind seeing Kepoaoa getting the other center spot for rd 1. He was really good in that bunnies game then got injured.
Kepoaoa will be out for 12 weeks with a pec injury.

If we are playing uber strong opposition, towards the front of the season when everyone is strong and fit, I think we should try to use the game time to test as many players as possible and see who rises to the occasion.

A proper season rotation of squad.

And ffs Madge, two bad games in a row is a Rest time. None of this slow death, things will be ok like last season.

No media appearances about hope and spin. No false hope and “growth” you muttered on about last year. No excuses about 15 players out. We still needed effort from second tier v dogs. It looked and sounded weak. We were rubbish and people were laughing at you.

And follow Tim’s instructions. Then you will have someone to blame if things go badly.

Stay clear of Lee for as long as possible. Exposure to him won’t help the cause.

If the things within your power Madge, if they aren’t fixed or on the improve then you may miss your opportunity next year with an improved squad. That would be a real shame.
id rather a solid season of footy. I don’t even care if we get the spoon, just to play better and consistently.

And for whatever reason, you need a lot of help getting into the players heads. Just seek it out. Don’t be shy or ashamed.

If it’s a all still a dogs breakfast at round 9, I’m in favour of signing Hook for next year. He’s done a remarkable job with SGI.

He took a bunch of disinterested loafers and put a modicum of fight in them.

Last edited:

Vic Mackey

Referee
I really think the NRL need to look at some sort of salary cap relief for long term injured players. We’re now going to be missing 3 centre options for potentially half the year before a ball is even kicked.

Hey @stryker - puss I’ve got another genuine in-house whispery rumour.

Good source. From the brother of a player whom we considered excess to requirements.

Secret lad deal.

I’ll give you 10 guesses. I you get one right, I’ll share it with the world.

Other forumers invited, but if you ask a question, I deduct half a question from @stryker to punish him unnecessarily.

Last edited:

Tiger05

First Grade
I really think the NRL need to look at some sort of salary cap relief for long term injured players. We’re now going to be missing 3 centre options for potentially half the year before a ball is even kicked.

3. Oliver Gildart
4. Starford To'a/Junior Tupou

JTJ may get a spot as well. There may also be some good juniors available.

With Doueihi, Kepaoa and Talau out injured I reckon we have pretty good depth.

The big question to me is are any of our centre options quality first graders.

BrotherJim05

Bench

Good source. From the brother of a player whom we considered excess to requirements.

Secret lad deal.

Other forumers invited, but if you ask a question, I deduct half a question from @stryker to punish him unnecessarily.
You and your godamn secret deal whispers..........I'll bite.

Frizell for Brooks straight swap with the knights?

Magpies Forever

Juniors

Secret lad deal.

Well, we already know the circs of Leilua, so I suspect either Garner or Tamou as our forwards roster is somewhat better than our backs and halves. Garner has fallen in the pecking order and Tamou can no longer hold his place in the top 13 and even the interchange bench is iffy- he just cant do the minutes needed.

If it is true, and we can sort some sort of swap, or it opens the door for another signing we are looking at by creating the vacant spot, I dont care much. Leilua will only get his early release on our terms, so that one is up to the Cowboys to work within our wants (and providing their offered player if it happens actually wants to come to Sydney from Townsville).

Well, we already know the circs of Leilua, so I suspect either Garner or Tamou as our forwards roster is somewhat better than our backs and halves. Garner has fallen in the pecking order and Tamou can no longer hold his place in the top 13 and even the interchange bench is iffy- he just cant do the minutes needed.

If it is true, and we can sort some sort of swap, or it opens the door for another signing we are looking at by creating the vacant spot, I dont care much. Leilua will only get his early release on our terms, so that one is up to the Cowboys to work within our wants (and providing their offered player if it happens actually wants to come to Sydney from Townsville).

Great post and I fully subscribe to it, but not the rumour.

The effort deserves a clue.

There have been some changes in preparation this pre-season compared to last pre-season.

Ned Kelly

Juniors
Edging towards the answer but crabbing across the park towards where our winger should be…with Tammas bearing down onto thee!
I have got absolutely no idea what you are on or what you are on about with this latest game of rumors so I reckon Madge is on the way out. (not a guess if it means there are less guesses left. Maybe I should put in 20 guesses to put us out of our misery.)

Latest posts