What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Api and Paps would be pleased.

Walking into a club that young and promising elite want to play for.

I wonder how Lucy feels. On his way out when the big push is on.

If he’d known who was coming and staying, would he have moderated his asking price?

I would have liked to have seen him stay and keep on his slow and steady progress. But now, I’m not sure why he is still here? Paycheque?

Most of the players in 2023 at least will be here to do something.

I guess 2022 is a trial season, win one more game than last year, try to avoid bad injury and it’s mission accomplished?!

Other than half the side playing for contracts the following year.

We need a little something from Tommy.

Has his moments, but we know when he’s on, he can definitely play.

Last edited:

macnaz

Staff member
I think for us it was very important to not only sign the best players we could find but create a club favourite for fans to idolise as ours for years to.come rather then the typical short term journeyman type player who though may still play good they havn't evolved here like Stef has and will.

Magpies Forever

Juniors
I think for us it was very important to not only sign the best players we could find but create a club favourite for fans to idolise as ours for years to.come rather then the typical short term journeyman type player who though may still play good they havn't evolved here like Stef has and will.
Agree, look at the old Tigers and Magpies in the 70s, 80s and 90s Supporter favourites Roach, Pearce, Sironen, Donnelly, Raudonikas, Dorahy, Hanley, Corowa etc. Fans came to watch them, they developed a loyalty as much to the player as to the team. That's why Magpie fans were gutted when Boyd, Dorahy and Brown were plundered in the mass raid by Manly. I want to get back to being as passionate for a WT player as much as the club Stefano is possibly the first since Marshall, Farah and Hodgson.

A young footy player has passed on if anyone wants to pay their respects over at smug forum.

Over on their General Discussion thread posted by @DinkyDi.

I think a bit of a West Tigers Forum presence of condolences would add to the meaning of the gesture, given our own book of feuds.

Some things are more important than the footy and LU.

Up to the individual of course, but i think it would be kind hearted.

Last edited:

stryker

First Grade
Always the little stab into Harto.

Who the f**k signed steff up in the first place?

Was it Timbo from Sausage-on-Stoke?

Ffs show some dignity during a win! Don’t spoil the occasion.

There would be no steff without Harto.

Let’s not rewrite our history. It’s bad enough!

It’s time for wine, women and song as they used to say.
Hartigan was a f**ken hack.
If you want to suck his cock, do so in private.

Hartigan was a f**ken hack.
If you want to suck his cock, do so in private.

Consider

Blore
Laurie
Steffy
Hastings
Peachy
Paps*
Api*
The fugitive (tuki)
Harry Grant swap
And many more.

Almost delivered Elliot for 20 cents a year and Scott before he allegedly broke his AVO.

*likely legwork at least.

The effective offloading of at least

Moses
Packer
Reynolds
Esan
Benji
Etc etc etc

You want Corey Thompson or Laurie?

I venture to say that very few of our lads he released have gone onto bigger and better things. They’ve all failed miserably haven’t they? Lucy is the next one, but he’s an after-Adam loss. As I said, let’s junk him now.

Harto gets a solid 7.2 out of 10

No reason has been ever given for his sudden and questionable departure, other than the rumours that Madge and him were in a constant war over recruitment.

But folks hating on Madge is business as usual here. Unremarkable. If one isn’t fighting with Madge, that’s exceptional and possibly of concern.

Last edited:

stryker

First Grade
Consider

Blore
Laurie
Steffy
Hastings
Peachy
Paps*
Api*
The fugitive (tuki)
Harry Grant swap
And many more.

Almost delivered Elliot for 20 cents a year and Scott before he allegedly broke his AVO.

*likely legwork at least.

The effective offloading of at least

Moses
Packer
Reynolds
Esan
Benji
Etc etc etc

You want Corey Thompson or Laurie?

I venture to say that very few of our lads he released have gone onto bigger and better things. They’ve all failed miserably haven’t they? Lucy is the next one, but he’s an after-Adam loss. As I said, let’s junk him now.

Harto gets a solid 7.2 out of 10

No reason has been ever given for his sudden and questionable departure, other than the rumours that Madge and him were in a constant war over recruitment.

But folks hating on Madge is business as usual here. Unremarkable. If one isn’t fighting with Madge, that’s exceptional and possibly of concern.
Lol no way he was responsible for all that.
You are kidding surely?

Lol no way he was responsible for all that.
You are kidding surely?

A veritable cavalcade of stars, inching their way to squad nirvana.

The clubs biggest problem with Adam seems to be the tremendous popularity he had amongst the rank and file, players young and old.

As you said, he was asked to convene the Madge Royal Commission. No doubt he thought the honour of grand inquisitor general was his ticket to safety and a couple of years under cover of the indomitable Tim faction.

As he strode ardently to the witness box to accuse Madge of crimes against the club, with full public licence from Lee and others, the great recruiter’s enemies drew their breath and plunged the knife deep into his back.

And for once I pay tribute to your insight, Madge had the whole situation under control, all the numbers required. It was a show trial to save the board from yet another year in Hades. Never in doubt.

Not only did he beat the Royal Commission, he had their prime weapon sacked.

The lesson learned is that people make the mistake of applying rationality to our club. I see it all the time. It’s a fruitless and wasteful exercise.

It’s a great time to be a Wests Tiger fan.

Other clubs are plain boring by comparison. Everything is here.

Last edited:
You’re f**ked in the head. You know that yeah?

Twas never in doubt scrumptious.

The numbers were sorted.

The club had to put on a show for the fans and stakeholders.

If you know why he’s still here, spit it out.

As we approach a rare golden era, I’d thought you’d be more……intrigued!

Last edited:

Tiger05

First Grade
You’re f**ked in the head. You know that yeah?

He is but then again so are you. I'm not one to judge either.

I like this quote from Albert Ellis who is one of the founders of cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT).

"Let me tell you why people are always making you so angry," he informed a troubled young woman, one warm evening in 2005. "Because they're screwed up! They're out of their f**king minds! We're all out of our f**king minds!"

Magpies Forever

Juniors
Royce Simmons battling dementia

Not sure where to put this or create another thread but Royce is battling dementia. Whether long term effects of league concussions or just 'happens' it is sad news. I know he gets the lot of bad jokes over his time assisting Sheens here at WT but I wish him all the best and hope he and his family can manage the trials and tribulations to come. Having seen my mum slip away with that and just become pretty much a shell, its not a hopeful future.

Mods- if you think I should create a separate thread pls let me know.