What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Tigerm

First Grade
With Hastings and Brooks in the halves, Api at hooker, where do you think Doueihi best fits?
Do you think he should be in the spine? He is a very good player. Can he play full back still?
I always thought he may be a bit slow for FB, but he seems to have everything else, it would be good to see how he went at some stage?

Das Hassler

Bench
It'd be crazy to move Brooks on now...I think the dud half narrative should be put behind us ..it's obvious now he was never a halfback but he's developing well at 5/8 plus being virtually unbreakable he doesn't need a backup...also a more than capable 9 if we needed. I haven't seen any evidence that Douehi would be any better at 6 but having a big body and his creativity at right centre would be a big plus. Agonizing over who plays where is pretty much a waste of time in today's game....injuries rule...depth and versatility are what matters.

Mr_Raditch

Juniors
If that "article" is true. Which is admittedly a big if, I'm pretty happy with that outcome. We made sharks up their offer to him, so he chose to stay at his current club for more money. It keeps other clubs honest with the amount they have to pay players in their cap & we aren't overspending.

Pezz70

Juniors
Tyson Gamble showing what he can do with a good halfback next to him, playing some great footy set up a couple of tries for Oates tonight. Was in the wilderness at the tigers for a couple
Of years, has gone to Broncos lingered a bit but put on a little beef and now playing good footy.

BrotherJim05

Bench
Just watching Koriosau closely....I'm now about 10 times happier at his signing than I was and I was already onboard....we're getting a bona fide RL engineer....cannot believe that the panthers didn't lock him in for another 3 years.
100% mate. There are a number of interviews with Cleary and Luai who preach they only got this good because of Api's mentorship. They are probably good enough now they don't need him but fk me he is exactly what we need. Touches the ball first, doesn't need to rely on anyone...can engineer the very start of each set.

I'm starting to think that maybe Madge had some pull with this one. He gave Koro his debut and called him in to the Bunnies GF when I. Luke got suspended. I'm sure we also were willing to pay more than Panthers could afford but its looking to be worth every penny.

Don't t want to count chickens but it looks like were eating chicken tonight

Tigerm

First Grade
I wonder if any of the decent Dogs players have coach clauses in their contracts?
Do they have a decent FB? The only ones I would be interested in, would be JAC, TPJ and maybe the Pommy FR?

Unfortunately, they are going worse than us at present?