What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

The Roosters’ mid-season recruit, Oliver Gildart had a debut to remember for NSW Cup feeder side, North Sydney Bears. Gildart scored five tries in the Bears’ 60-4 win over the Knights and also notched up five linebreaks, four tackle busts and 156 running metres.

gotta laugh!

Wasn't there talk/rumour that the Tigers had actually released him for next year? Of late, it was reported that he was simply on loan for the rest of the year before returning next year.

Ned Kelly

Juniors
The Roosters’ mid-season recruit, Oliver Gildart had a debut to remember for NSW Cup feeder side, North Sydney Bears. Gildart scored five tries in the Bears’ 60-4 win over the Knights

Wasn't there talk/rumour that the Tigers had actually released him for next year? Of late, it was reported that he was simply on loan for the rest of the year before returning next year.
I was pretty sure it was a done deal that he was gone.

Tigerm

First Grade
So, if we also land Batemen ,along with the Paps and Api signings, that's starting to look like a pretty handy pack for next season.
Yeah, not forgetting Joe, Blore, Stephano and Seyfarth are all handy if they can stay healthy? To name a few.
Just short of a good back imo ?

Not sure if anyone saw the rich list over the weekend. It was put together by the telecrap so take it with a grain of salt, but I did see that Radley is on $500K or there abouts. I'd look to chuck him another $150K to come over. He's hard as nails, and can ball play a bit. Plus he's only fairly young. Sure he's a f**kwit but beggars can't be choosers. Plus it would free Hastings up to play half. Anyone know when his contract is up?

He seems the type of guy they may let go to keep Suali. They just re-signed Crichton. They do have the sombrero though.

Last edited:

Ned Kelly

Juniors
Burton signed a two-year deal with the option of a third year in his favour. Reports in the Daily Telegraph claim that Burton has no intention of taking up that option. It means he is technically off contract at the end of 2023 and will be able to accept contracts from elsewhere from 1st November this year.25 June 2022

I know it is just a dream but I am enjoying the fantasy of us throwing bucket loads of cash at him and making an offer he can't refuse.
It could make a difference to any quality players thinking of leaving and to signing decent players in the future. I would be happy if we paid him $200 k more than what the bulldogs can offer if it got the deal done.

WA Tiger

Bench

Kaylen Ponga..Aries /Tiger ( Rhinoceros )
They are equal top of the food chain with Leo/Tiger,(AD).The difference is Leo is more of a charmer while Aries is more of a selfish aggressive type. They are both born leaders. I always have difficulty with Aries borders. I just find them very difficult to deal with because of their need to control

Last edited:

Hoofhearted

Juniors
Not sure if anyone saw the rich list over the weekend. It was put together by the telecrap so take it with a grain of salt, but I did see that Radley is on $500K or there abouts. I'd look to chuck him another $150K to come over. He's hard as nails, and can ball play a bit. Plus he's only fairly young. Sure he's a f**kwit but beggars can't be choosers. Plus it would free Hastings up to play half. Anyone know when his contract is up?

He seems the type of guy they may let go to keep Suali. They just re-signed Crichton. They do have the sombrero though.
I listened to him on Jimmy Grahams podcast, he was very adamant that he will never play against the roosters, the only thing he will look at is a potential stint in England. We dont want to keep signing players who's heart is elsewhere.

The Rosco

Bench
Apisai was awesome tonight. Such a good signing for us. We just need to provide him with some quality players he can pass to.
Spot on Ned.
I like the way he sort of pops the ball to his runners. Nice and soft. No missile passes that simple forwards drop.
You'd think that all our spine combinations will flourish with a full off season with Benj and Robbie.

simmo1

First Grade
Api is a fantastic signing. Watching him, you can never quite pick which way he is going to run or pass. It must be a nightmare to defend. The key for our blokes will be to make sure we back up both sides of the play the ball and give him plenty of options.

Ron's_Mate

Bench
Api is a fantastic signing.
He will immediately be our best player, with second a long way back. Hopefully the club can get some decent talent around him for him to work with. No matter how good he is I can't see him doing much with forwards that continually get smashed backwards.

Tigerm

First Grade
He will immediately be our best player, with second a long way back. Hopefully the club can get some decent talent around him for him to work with. No matter how good he is I can't see him doing much with forwards that continually get smashed backwards.
Agree, hopefully him and Papi will drive some of our young gun forwards to bigger and better things.

WA Tiger

Bench

Kaylen Ponga..Aries /Tiger ( Rhinoceros )
They are equal top of the food chain with Leo/Tiger,(AD).The difference is Leo is more of a charmer while Aries is more of a selfish aggressive type. They are both born leaders. I always have difficulty with Aries borders. I just find them very difficult to deal with because of their need to control
End of the day, they are just like little boy cry baby’s

Tiger05

First Grade
I know Madge wasn't great but have we gotten better since he left ? Have the players had more of a dig ?
Wasn't that the reason that things were going bad.... Maybe in the offseason s we can hire a metal worker and welder so we have fabricate a spine for these wimps.

This appears to be a rhetorical question. The answer is no.

Latest posts