What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Interesting, everyone can always learn something new.

Best hooker in the world ! Top 3 or 4 for sure, as good as any on his day but so are the others that IMO include, Cook, Grant & Brandon Smith.
I disagree.

Api towers over this lot.

He is a genuine footy phenomenon, a free spirit of excellence.

Robbie can teach him how to make some bread or other food, but after that, hes straying way out of his lane.

I don’t want him or any of our other self worshipping, amateur and otherwise inexperienced village idiots in the coaching box dumbing down Api or the rest of the fresh meat for that matter.

We bought them because of their existing footy power and we are foolish to compromise any of their strengths by insisting on over coaching nonsense.

Hopefully the players stand up to them.!

Last edited:

WA Tiger

Bench
Robbie may be able to teach api how to be tough. You go until you can’t move!! Regardless !! Ok!!
I’d take Robbie over any other hooker ever.

stryker

First Grade
I disagree.

Api towers over this lot.

He is a genuine footy phenomenon, a free spirit of excellence.

Robbie can teach him how to make some bread or other food, but after that, hes straying way out of his lane.

I don’t want him or any of our other self worshipping, amateur and otherwise inexperienced village idiots in the coaching box dumbing down Api or the rest of the fresh meat for that matter.

We bought them because of their existing footy power and we are foolish to compromise any of their strengths by insisting on over coaching nonsense.

Hopefully the players stand up to them.!
The f**k are you banging on about?
Api is NOT at Robbie’s level.
He can learn tonnes from him.

The f**k are you banging on about?
Api is NOT at Robbie’s level.
He can learn tonnes from him.
May have been the case a few years ago.

But one doesn’t f**k with the best hooker in the world by teaching him plays from decades gone by.

Robbie can teach him how to cook and wear his cap the right way during interviews.

4C85F657-51D1-4416-A35F-C67D156FE3A7.jpeg

A couple of us are going to kidnap you for an exorcism.

In the meantime, I’ll pray for your soul.

This high tolerance for Brooksy and Robbie…it’s horrible.

I want the old Stryker back.

Last edited:
Maybe API can teach Rob how to screw around on his wife, and in the process almost derail a SOO series and potentially the remainder of the premiership competition…the bloke is s dumbf**k from way back.
That’s more like it 😎

A little to the left, down a tad and you’ll whack Benji!

Phil Gould

Juniors
Madges’ problem was he couldn’t inspire half a pack of plodders, neither could Noddy but no one was going to do anything with that lot. This years pack is 5x better than last years and would make any coach look better but ditching Hastings and stacking more eggs in the Brooks basket will waste of some of that improvement. We don’t have to wait too much longer to see how much but I’m not getting my hopes up this year until they have at least one win under their belt, then I’m all in.

Last edited:

BrotherJim05

Bench
I'm a huge fan of Api. I love that he is at this club and I hope he's made captain (or at least co captain)....but if we are talking Robbie in his prime v Api then I'm sorry but Robbie wins. Api has had the luxury of playing with the best 7 in the game + a team stacked with Origin talent. It's not really a fair comparison tbh but to say that Api can't learn anything from Robbie is ludicrous

API has the runs on the board stats wise. Robbie was pretty decent in his day, but I would take API anyday of the week.
Api is a contemporary player and is of current world class excellence. Here and now.

Robbie is retired and from another era.

I don’t want API to lose his groove. It’s not worth risking.

WA Tiger

Bench
API has the runs on the board stats wise. Robbie was pretty decent in his day, but I would take API anyday of the week.
With your life depending on it? With momentum swinging against your team big time, and the whole teams body language looking average. Then each pick up the same injury (theoretical of course) with no replacement ? You’d choose Api over Robbie. Really?

And now without the injury

Last edited:
For your life? With momentum swinging against your team big time, and the whole teams body language is starting to look average. Then the two pick up the same injury (different games - theoretical) ) 20 out from full time..with no replacement ? You’d choose Api over Robbie. Really?

And now without the injury
I’d choose Api.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
May have been the case a few years ago.

But one doesn’t f**k with the best hooker in the world by teaching him plays from decades gone by.

Robbie can teach him how to cook and wear his cap the right way during interviews.

View attachment 70040

A couple of us are going to kidnap you for an exorcism.

In the meantime, I’ll pray for your soul.

This high tolerance for Brooksy and Robbie…it’s horrible.

I want the old Stryker back.
"plays from decades gone by"

Tim Sheens says hi

Spin in full flight.

Time for some honesty:

We only got nostalgic and sentimental after we failed to land ciraldo.

Brooks will start running regularly when Putin apologises for invading the Ukraine and the Chinese recognise Taiwan.

He’s just not cut out for being smashed into oblivion many times every game which is what happens to running half backs. Its just not his go. I wouldn’t do it either.

We’ve got a great pack, especially when Bateman arrives, some surprises in the backs and the sublime Doogie. Our backline is not a complete basket case. Still has a pulse..

Last edited:
Reactions: 851

WA Tiger

Bench
You 100% think Api has the mental strength and craft to match Robbie when the shit hits the fan?…I guess we find we out this year.Cos it will.

Latest posts