What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

axl rose

Bench
To lose an unlosable game like he did, Fittler will never be good enough to coach a WT's side:)

At least he took us of the back page:joy:
hah an average front rowers contract gets us on the back page. Isn't there Cricket to talk about or something.

The Rosco

Bench
If nothing else, should be very entertaining with Roberts & Leilua in the backline. Also a lot of broken tv screens.
Up till now, when I'm 5 beers deep watching the footy and Roberts happens to be playing . . . . and I have to listen to the faffing about "Jimmy the jet" . . . I easily amuse myself by making aeronautical sounds and actions every time he gets the ball.
My family will have to do without my surely hilarious routine for a year or 2 now . . .

Choiboi

Juniors
It's official. No release for Daine Laurie, but done deal. I guess we can put up with Mbye as FB for one year til this kid joins us

Wests Tigers are pleased to confirm that rising talent Daine Laurie has agreed to join the club from the start of the 2022 NRL season.

The 21-year-old Laurie — who is contracted to the Penrith Panthers for the 2021 season — has signed a two-year contract that will see him feature in Wests Tigers from the start of the 2022 season until at least the end of the 2023 season.

https://www.weststigers.com.au/news/2020/11/20/wests-tigers-sign-daine-laurie/

Perth Tiger

Bench
I like the continued signings of young talented players rather than overpaid 'veterans'

Only thing with Laurie is he seems kinda small. Fullbacks tend to need a bit of size these days unless they are freaks like Papenhuyzen

WA Tiger

Bench
Yep it’s the age old problem with NSW.
They often forget they are going into battle.
Origin is not just a rep game of footy. It means far more than that.
Imo it always comes back to the coach...I don’t mind the hippies methods but he’s come undone for a reason also 1 He loves Cleary despite Cleary not icing the game 2 He’s didn’t back Ado Carr despite the obvious penalty try that was disallowed..Now he’s saying they will have to fire him for him to leave the coaching job oh dear

Vozzy

Juniors
Well he seems to have a good passing game aswell which fullbacks need plus is also quick. Atleast we have found some speed now. Its no Addo Carr but its someone who has similar potential and is only 21. Hopefully he can be more like Preston campbell/matt bowen type player.

Pezz70

Juniors
Imo it always comes back to the coach...I don’t mind the hippies methods but he’s come undone for a reason also 1 He loves Cleary despite Cleary not icing the game 2 He’s didn’t back Ado Carr despite the obvious penalty try that was disallowed..Now he’s saying they will have to fire him for him to leave the coaching job oh dear
Shocking selections all over the park. Gutherson was an absolute failure at centre, Wighton was marginal (would have been so much better at 5/8), Walker is just not state of origin quality, he did some good things in the series but for long periods of the game you just don’t see him. Not taking a utility back into the decider was just a rookie error, Yeo at centre was a joke. Players in position is the order of the day, you can say QLD did the same (players out of there spots) but NSW shit selections allowed them to get away with it.

BrotherJim05

Bench
Queensland were willing to hold their hand over the fire until it burnt through to the bone. NSW felt they had too much talent to go near the fire.

That's the difference between NSW and Queensland and its been that way for a long time

Latest posts