What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

simmo05

Bench
You don’t necessarily need a back but you do need a backrower capable of filling in at centre at the very least. We had no one. Capewell was a prime example of this for QLD, a backrower capable of playing in the centres made Gutherson look ordinary in the first game
I don't think the bench was the reason we lost to series. For me it's that nsw always tries to jam in as many fullbacks as possible into the side. How long have they been doing it, and how often has it cost them? Why the f**k was gutho even in the side, and why was simple jack in the centres? Fittler got lucky the last few years, this year it ran out

Hoofhearted

Juniors
https://www.weststigers.com.au/news/2020/11/24/wests-tigers-re-sign-shawn-blore

aVXdSMuZ

The Rosco

Bench
Hey rhyno . . . did you see that we extended Blore's contract ?
You being a parra fan and with all your connections, can you make sure that Natalie Brown hears about this ?
. . . . He'll be getting nightmares about this news.
I'm singing "enter sandman"

WA Tiger

Bench
I get the feeling Fittler just didn’t want to play Walker deep down after he was dropped last year ....I mean you just don’t forgive and forget with origin ...But he did for whatever reason.Public pressure? And didn’t play Wighton at 6 ...He may have thought it didn’t matter because his beloved Cleary would win the game single handedly...That 6 decision would give him nightmares

Last edited:

WT Unity

Juniors

I'm glad that Blore has been extended - BUT this better not be a smother for JA leaving us....and us letting him go without securing anything in return. Such as an equivalent from Manly or the $$$ saved being used to secure Joe O.
If I see a press release in coming days stating that we were happy with JA leaving as it enabled us to extend players we already have then that would just about do me.
I'm sure I'm over-reacting - Please tell me I'm horribly wrong!

Rhyno

First Grade
Hey rhyno . . . did you see that we extended Blore's contract ?
You being a parra fan and with all your connections, can you make sure that Natalie Brown hears about this ?
. . . . He'll be getting nightmares about this news.
I'm singing "enter sandman"
How many years will he see out before asking for a release?

I’d say in 12months if he has had a decent season he’ll be asking for a release.

I just seen something interesting on Facebook that broncos want LL in a swap deal for Joe O

Pezz70

Juniors
I don't think the bench was the reason we lost to series. For me it's that nsw always tries to jam in as many fullbacks as possible into the side. How long have they been doing it, and how often has it cost them? Why the f**k was gutho even in the side, and why was simple jack in the centres? Fittler got lucky the last few years, this year it ran out
I don’t think the bench was the only reason either but it highlights the fact that we had shit selections everywhere. It was just a rabble.

The Rosco

Bench
Impressive young man right here

Bbbbut rhyno said he'll only last 12 months before he asks for a release.
And rhyno is THE go-to man for anything wooden spoon related.
Wooden spoon, choking, cheating, failure to live up to the hype, June premiers, all that type of thing.
Crushing downward form spirals, and total capitulation under the slightest pressure.
Ask rhyno.
Choiboi . . . Thats a great vid, thanks for posting it.
It reminds us that: Blore is 5X tougher than Natalie Brown.
Natalie Brown is a girly cat with that big brave push in Blore's back.
Brown is an even bigger, hormonal girl cat for rubbing his neck when the 18yr old dropped him, then as soon as he hears the whistle, up he jumps and gets all brave and chasing Blore. Effin cat.
Same team as Moses and Flatterson, yes ? There is a pattern.
They became whining little girls the moment they dropped our jersey for the blue and yellow one.

Last edited:

BrotherJim05

Bench
The dogs must of got a salary cap increase on there own, now courting JAC and apparently signed Burton from Penrith?

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...b/news-story/cdb5dfb07a695c340ecce1e7cf23b296

It really is amazing what you can do when you don't have overpaid plodders eating up majority of your salary cap. Don't get me wrong - Bulldogs have some plodders of the highest order, but as far as I'm aware they have no big contracts on their books.

Burton was always going to Bulldogs. It fits the narrative - strong relationship with Barrett from time at Penrith, won't break the bank as he is still a rookie, Bulldogs desperately need an organizing half, Belmore is like 45 mins drive from Penrith....it all fits.

I'm not convinced that JAC wants to go to Bulldogs. I think his heart is still in coming to Tigers, but given he is now stuck at Storm for another year the chips are all in his favour. He doesn't have to rush, and can court as many clubs as he pleases to drive his value for 2022 up. I honestly don't blame him at all, but it will be a massive blow to our already frail reputation if he signs at a lower team like Bulldogs over us

stryker

First Grade

Rhyno

First Grade