What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Hoofhearted

Juniors
I don't understand why people think we are getting screwed over in this Ofa deal. Yes, it would look a lot better to force Aloai to play reserves, but Ofa is a much better player than Aloai so if it means we can take that and get some cash from Manly then overall it's a good outcome. Matterson left a bitter taste in our mouths because we didn't receive a like for like replacement. E.g. Luciano would have signed with us anyway, BJ and AD aren't the same level as Matterson etc.

If we can also release Garner and get Sironen in return, overall it will be a win.

Ofa + Sironen > Aloai + Garner
If Aloiai was staying we would not of got Ofa, so the way I see it we are replacing a disgruntled player with a State of Origin forward and having his salary subsidised by his former club. Add on a possible cash injection from Manly and it looks like a win to me.

WA Tiger

Bench
This should not come as a surprise ..WT is not currently an attractive proposition for top players. We were outside the 8 last year ...The goals of the club are simple ...(1) top 8 top 6 then top 4 ; as a result of (2) clever buying of players to help us get there ..starting with spine players or at least 3/4 spine players (3) enough big and mobile forwards to get us moving forward and (4) a coach that inspires good results and news articles without fail ..(5) not taking our eye off the ball because we are hell bent / bitter and twisted on not repeating past mistakes...
(6)Great players in the team inspire the team...Find one and get one however it’s done...Maybe 2...preferably to fill a spine position...and if one says they want to come here don’t fk it up..
Nofo may have to be one of those 2 and be paid accordingly ...We lost one great that wanted to be here let’s not blow a second ...
Next year ....Very good spine players - we have likely none ...Good spine players we have potentially 2 ..and they are far from definite...adequate 3 ..Yea this may take a while..

gordsy

Juniors
If we get cash from Aloai then doesn't Lee bigmouth look like a right dick head...

As for Joe O, has a few off field incidents but good solid player. It was reported on here ages ago he was coming to us.

Fordy20

Juniors
I don't understand why people think we are getting screwed over in this Ofa deal. Yes, it would look a lot better to force Aloai to play reserves, but Ofa is a much better player than Aloai so if it means we can take that and get some cash from Manly then overall it's a good outcome. Matterson left a bitter taste in our mouths because we didn't receive a like for like replacement. E.g. Luciano would have signed with us anyway, BJ and AD aren't the same level as Matterson etc.

If we can also release Garner and get Sironen in return, overall it will be a win.

It's because we always get screwed. Getting Joe for a discount from the Bronx is an upgrade on Aloiai and after Garner's defensive efforts this year, Sirro is probably an upgrade too. But Manly are still getting two players for one due to their grubby actions and those of of Aloiai and his manager.

Last edited:

Mario chalmers

Juniors

Not sure how you can say Joe O is better than Aloiai

Joe O stats from NRL.com

Running Metres
Average Running Metres
Total Running Metres
Defence
Tackles Made

Tackle Efficiency 87.9%

Aloiai stats

Running Metres
Average Running Metres
Total Running Metres

Defence
Tackles Made
Tackle Efficiency
94.2%

Attachments

• upload_2020-11-26_22-14-54.png
    upload_2020-11-26_22-14-54.png
    67.5 KB · Views: 1

Fordy20

Juniors

I assumed Joe was better too, so after seeing your post I went back and checked last years stats as well. They averaged the roughly the same minutes and the same runs per metre. Joe was good for another 2 runs per game which brings his metres up, but his offloads were almost double. Aloiai is good for another 4 tackles a game, but he missed much fewer tackles and was signicantly more disciplined. Joe had the double the error and gave away more than double the penalties as well.

You could say Joe is better value for money, because we'll get him for Josh's current salary, whereas Manly will be paying double that.

WA Tiger

Bench
I assumed Joe was better too, so after seeing your post I went back and checked last years stats as well. They averaged the roughly the same minutes and the same runs per metre. Joe was good for another 2 runs per game which brings his metres up, but his offloads were almost double. Aloiai is good for another 4 tackles a game, but he missed much fewer tackles and was signicantly more disciplined. Joe had the double the error and gave away more than double the penalties as well.

You could say Joe is better value for money, because we'll get him for Josh's current salary, whereas Manly will be paying double that.
Depression shock embarrassment you name it would have to have set in across the team surely, with the Broncos results they had.That must have affected his numbers ...I’ll take Joey O’s offloads and he’s much bigger and will be better prepared mentally next year to impress and kick some butt..I know who would bounce off who if those two ran at each other..We need more of that

Last edited:

Tiger05

First Grade

Joe O stats from NRL.com

Running Metres
Average Running Metres
Total Running Metres
Defence
Tackles Made

Tackle Efficiency 87.9%

Aloiai stats

Running Metres
Average Running Metres
Total Running Metres

Defence
Tackles Made
Tackle Efficiency
94.2%

Look at the stats. Aloiai is twice the player that Joe O is. Joe O also had Hass as a middle forward partner in that team. We don't have a middle forward as good as Hass or close to it.

I just hope Aloiai doesn't keep performing and he had an anomaly year and Joe O becomes a QLD SOO forward.

Shredder

Juniors
I say it because JO wants to be here and Aloiai doesn't. That's mark one.

Number two is that JO has played origin already.

Number three is I never rated Aloiai. He always took the first hit up from a kick off, then went missing until they scored again.

WT Unity

Juniors

Joe O stats from NRL.com

Running Metres
Average Running Metres
Total Running Metres
Defence
Tackles Made

Tackle Efficiency 87.9%

Aloiai stats

Running Metres
Average Running Metres
Total Running Metres

Defence
Tackles Made
Tackle Efficiency
94.2%

What period are those stats for? Are they just season 2020 stats?

simmo1

First Grade
The whole Broncos side looked slow and unfit after the Covid restart. Whatever Seibold had them doing during the break left them completely off the pace for the rest of the season.

I wouldn't read into the 2020 stats. Let's see what JO can do after a proper preseason.

I say it because JO wants to be here and Aloiai doesn't. That's mark one.

Number two is that JO has played origin already.

Number three is I never rated Aloiai. He always took the first hit up from a kick off, then went missing until they scored again.
Yep.

And the thing about stats is they are important but it’s the little things that are missed, like point 3 above. Stats don’t show how hard someone runs, are they out wide, up the middle and does a player go missing for the rest of the set. The hurt in the tackle, first in a tackle and locking up the ball is also missed. Aloiai, won’t be missed IMO.

One other thing is SOO, Queensland don’t typically pick duds. To represent Queensland is massive.

Nothing to brag about

brown gave him a b***h slap so the dirty dog blore did a crusher tackle on him and gave away a penalty

a tough coach like Bennett ,Bellamy or Arthur would of gave him a couple of weeks in reserve grade for that cheap dirty crap

Crusher? You mean the milking technique that Parra utilise a half dozen times a game where a player grabs his neck in a tackle and then jumps up on his feet as soon as the whistle is blown?

For an apparent "wrecking ball," Sivo seems to cop it all too regularly.