What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

stryker

First Grade
Those who want to perpetually whinge and hate on and drag the club down for historical mistakes or whatever, you should start your own thread and keep each other company.

What the f**k can anyone do about matters of the past?

If supporting the club makes you so unhappy and depressed, wtf are you doing here?

No other club has been as busy as we have in the offseason and for some reason, that’s not good enough. Ffs.

There’s plenty more good news to come this off season.
It ain’t good news till we start winning. That’s all that matters.

stryker

First Grade
I’m expecting a no nonsense massive pack and finally some actual threat in attack.
The big pack alone is going to suck a lot of power out of other sides.
The game has sped up. A massive pack may be a disadvantage against hard arse, smaller, more mobile forwards such as Murray, B Smith, Radley, Cook, Grant et al. You need a mix

Tiger05

First Grade
The game has sped up. A massive pack may be a disadvantage against hard arse, smaller, more mobile forwards such as Murray, B Smith, Radley, Cook, Grant et al. You need a mix

This is on the coach right. I agree with your point. We lack a lock forward in the team. I just think the coach has to somehow pick the right team and make it work somehow.

BrotherJim05

Bench
The key difference of 2021 is that we somehow ended up with a slightly better overall team and have money to spare. The tigers of old would be facing fines for going over the salary cap to assemble this squad.

We are still a long way to go, but clearly we are managing our salary cap better than we have in a long long time.

The key difference of 2021 is that we somehow ended up with a slightly better overall team and have money to spare. The tigers of old would be facing fines for going over the salary cap to assemble this squad.

We are still a long way to go, but clearly we are managing our salary cap better than we have in a long long time.

Still some more signings to come and critically, what kind of game are the guys going to put together with more power, speed and ability.

Somewhat overlooked is that the club has revamped its training staff under Madge as well. The assistants etc were one of the first casualties of 2020.

So many new faces.

Any truth in the rumour that since Manly signed Saab they are going to release Garrick? Surely we’d need to try to get him over Mansour, even if it was just for goal kicking?

Is Laurie only on a development contract at The Riff? If he is, why wouldn’t Penrith just release him now since there seems no point in developing a player who is leaving next year anyway and denying him the extra dollars. I understand not releasing Burton, he’s one injury away from a spot in the halves. A development player can’t play 1st grade until late in the season (I think).

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Is Laurie only on a development contract at The Riff? If he is, why wouldn’t Penrith just release him now since there seems no point in developing a player who is leaving next year anyway and denying him the extra dollars. I understand not releasing Burton, he’s one injury away from a spot in the halves. A development player can’t play 1st grade until late in the season (I think).

There was talk of a player swap with Cini is this now off the table ?

I was having a good day until I saw this nasty on line bully coming here polluting our forum.

4313EF2B-9DEB-4921-AF71-C06E4FE8A106.jpeg

How no one picked up that Naden wasn’t doing lines is beyond belief.

Perverts and drug fiends managed by a liar.

You bully people off your forum Alice, don’t expect a free run here.

The panthers will be lucky to make the 8 next year.

JB04

Juniors

I’m not too sure hey, from what I’ve heard Penrith are playing hardball with it which I don’t understand, because Laurie is ineligible to play prior to round 16 (unless is upgraded) as well as us needing a fullback AND Cini is a centre (and highly rated too), a position that you’re quite light in. Would be beneficial for both teams with a swap, would like to see it eventuate but who knows mate.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
I’m not too sure hey, from what I’ve heard Penrith are playing hardball with it which I don’t understand, because Laurie is ineligible to play prior to round 16 (unless is upgraded) as well as us needing a fullback AND Cini is a centre (and highly rated too), a position that you’re quite light in. Would be beneficial for both teams with a swap, would like to see it eventuate but who knows mate.

Thanks for answering.

I thought during 2020 Laurie had been upgraded from development contract, but I can't find any evidence of this.

I like the idea of Cini especially with Naden and his issues.

Thanks for answering.

I thought during 2020 Laurie had been upgraded from development contract, but I can't find any evidence of this.

I like the idea of Cini especially with Naden and his issues.

Yeah I’m glad I answered too.

If you think Naden has issues you should look at yourself you stalking pig.

Now go back to smugland and talk yourself up over there. Hate at home, go local!

Last edited:
Apparently, according to the Panthers site, we tried to swap Laurie for Cini which was not accepted by Penrith -something to do with us paying Cini too much thus affecting the Panther’s salary cap. Their cap space must as tight as a fish’s arse. They must be desperate to offload Mansour!

JAC signs with Dogs from 2022. How can Canterbury sign everybody -even MWZ has apparently signed on with them. There must be going to be a huge fire sale at Belmore very shortly!

Latest posts