What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

BrotherJim05

Bench
We've got the cash if we want him, so will be interesting. Though I'm tending to go towards McInnes, though either one would be great.

Either would be awesome. McInnes already has the relationship with Madge and Cheese is used to hard nose coaches having played under Bellamy.

I'd love to see Liddle kick on and become a regular 9 but we simply cannot pass up on players like these two when they become available.

BrotherJim05

Bench
I checked our odds last night and we are in the second tier of clubs at the bottom of the ladder. Our odds were I think 41 to 1 along with Saints and the Dogs and Broncos were at 51 to 1.

I hope we have a pack that carries us forward but we are going to have to wait and see.

It'll be interesting how Brooks goes as well. He had a shocker for most of last year.

On paper we are a bottom 4 team. Looking through the rosters I don't really see many teams worse than us apart from Bulldogs and Broncos.

It's not an unfair title - we have our work cut out for us to prove we are top 8 contenders

Tiger05

First Grade
On paper we are a bottom 4 team. Looking through the rosters I don't really see many teams worse than us apart from Bulldogs and Broncos.

It's not an unfair title - we have our work cut out for us to prove we are top 8 contenders

Exactly. Fans stating we have to make the finals this year are delusional. If we make the finals it's a massive over achievement.

How many consistent performers at a high level do we have in our squad. Tamou, Luc, and Nofo are the only ones who I figure will be pretty good consistently.

In stating that I think we can over achieve. I think we have a young squad that is looking more like Madges team. We have some strike players and some guys who may be real good. I don't see any glaring weaknesses assuming Mbye kills it at the fullback role. I think we could do with a lock forward. I'd love to play the Cheese there for us but maybe McInnes could do the job.

It's just going to be hard to get heaps of guys to play good consistent footy at the NRL level.

WA Tiger

Bench
I was thinking more that Bellamy “never yells at you” Players have no fear about talking to him about anything when they need to..That’s part of any good coaches success formula ...while I’m here Smith for me thanks .Madge might be waiting to see if the other Smith plays on coz then there’s likely going to be drama...I thought McInnes was a bit loud with his comments about feeling let down by the club about not been made an offer to resign...there’s usually a reason for that happening...hooks prob sussed him out quick? He wouldn’t have any patience with anyone who wants to rock the boat.. ..I’m reading between the lines as usual

Last edited:

Tiger Ted

Bench
Exactly. Fans stating we have to make the finals this year are delusional. If we make the finals it's a massive over achievement.

How many consistent performers at a high level do we have in our squad. Tamou, Luc, and Nofo are the only ones who I figure will be pretty good consistently.

In stating that I think we can over achieve. I think we have a young squad that is looking more like Madges team. We have some strike players and some guys who may be real good. I don't see any glaring weaknesses assuming Mbye kills it at the fullback role. I think we could do with a lock forward. I'd love to play the Cheese there for us but maybe McInnes could do the job.

It's just going to be hard to get heaps of guys to play good consistent footy at the NRL level.
Mbye is a massive weakness in whichever position he plays.The sooner we can discard the bum the sooner we will become a respectable team.
The no.7 is an enormous liability who is devoid of the intelligence required to manage the team around the park.
The centre’s BJ & JR r both head cases who have a habit of going off the rails.
The physical fragility of our top ranked hooker who I rate is always a concern.
Also the jury is out concerning our forwards & especially whether our highly rated young forwards can cut the mustard.Last season our forwards were very disappointing & many went missing as the season progressed when grit & resilience was necessary.
Finally IMO when the pressure is on the coach hasn’t thus far given me any confidence that he can act astutely.

Vozzy

Juniors
I can't see McInnes or Brandon Smith coming here to play lock if that's the reason they are leaving in the first place.

I think if we are to be successful the young forwards are going to have to shine and become machines (Stephano, Seyfarth and Blore need to become young guns)
we already know what Tamou can do. Also need Roberts, BJ and Talau to be threating. In the end we need to see Brooks at his best consistently.

WA Tiger

Bench
Mbye is a massive weakness in whichever position he plays.The sooner we can discard the bum the sooner we will become a respectable team.
The no.7 is an enormous liability who is devoid of the intelligence required to manage the team around the park.
Also the jury is out concerning our forwards & especially whether our highly rated young forwards can cut the mustard.Last season our forwards were very disappointing & many went missing as the season progressed when grit & resilience was necessary.
Finally IMO when the pressure is on the coach hasn’t thus far given me any confidence that he can act astutely.
Ah yes but we also likely have a new captain Ted who can motivate before a win and rationalise after a loss. And keep the ref accountable. And someone to keep the team on track when things get rocky . Someone that knows about winning and how it’s achieved. This will be new to the team. Hopefully Tamau can bring some of these undoubtedly talented misfits together to be a force and turn a few heads.

stryker

First Grade
Yep he has never shone in any position.
He needs to step up several levels. I don’t believe he can based upon 7 years of evidence.
Yep rocks and diamonds. Both can win games for us. Both can also derail the season. In a proper risk assessment, they are liabilities.
He can play but he doesn’t have the body makeup to last a year in the NRL pressure cooker, let alone make a career out of it.
Our forwards are generally good for two to three game spurts before being over run. New boys may help. We’ll see...
He certainly appears a Plan A only type of coach. Not the messiah a lot of fans believe him to be.

Good post Ted.

gallagher

Juniors
Great post, this is exactly where we are.

Wizardman

First Grade
Either would be awesome. McInnes already has the relationship with Madge and Cheese is used to hard nose coaches having played under Bellamy.

I'd love to see Liddle kick on and become a regular 9 but we simply cannot pass up on players like these two when they become available.
Depending on Liddle to survive a season is risky business. I still believe we need to pick up 9 somewhere for this season.

Tiger05

First Grade

I hope you are wrong but I get it. Mbye can play. He has been great at times from the back. At the same time he drops bombs. I mean if you drop bombs how can you play at fullback.

Brooks can play as well but he needs to take the right option consistently and be able to come up with a big play.

Our centres if they are on fire are awesome but they are likely to go off the rails throughout the season.

We have a forward pack with very few consistent NRL performers.

We have AD learning to play 6 at NRL level.

On the flip side we have a pack with a bunch of guys that aren't plodders. Tamou, Musgrove and potentially Joe O backed up by Stef, Twal.Mikaele are a decent set of middle forwards that potentially can win the ruck. Luc is a gun. Blore is a potential gun.

Then those centres plus Nofo and AJ are a decent set of outside backs.

Mbye can ball play. Brooks can play. AD to me looks special. Liddle/Simpkins may be good at hooker.

You can't pick us to have a good year but we may over achieve.

The coaching staff have to somehow get these guys to fire. It's not going to be an easy task.

Tigerm

First Grade
I hope you are wrong but I get it. Mbye can play. He has been great at times from the back. At the same time he drops bombs. I mean if you drop bombs how can you play at fullback.

Brooks can play as well but he needs to take the right option consistently and be able to come up with a big play.

Our centres if they are on fire are awesome but they are likely to go off the rails throughout the season.

We have a forward pack with very few consistent NRL performers.

We have AD learning to play 6 at NRL level.

On the flip side we have a pack with a bunch of guys that aren't plodders. Tamou, Musgrove and potentially Joe O backed up by Stef, Twal.Mikaele are a decent set of middle forwards that potentially can win the ruck. Luc is a gun. Blore is a potential gun.

Then those centres plus Nofo and AJ are a decent set of outside backs.

Mbye can ball play. Brooks can play. AD to me looks special. Liddle/Simpkins may be good at hooker.

You can't pick us to have a good year but we may over achieve.

The coaching staff have to somehow get these guys to fire. It's not going to be an easy task.
I think our forwards should go well this year, completely different to last years team, no reason not to.

A lot depends on Brooks IMO. If he goes shy, then hopefully AD can take over?

I do think we will have a good year, certainly a big chance for the top 8 (I'm tipping top 6).

Remembering, we still have 3 spots to fill?
1. Laurie?
9. McInnes?
Fitzgibbon - up grade?

Perth Tiger

Bench
If we get Laurie we better get him soon, going to be hard for him to be dropped into the team at the back without having trained with the team and trying to establish himself in first grade

Tiger05

First Grade
I think it's unrealistic to put expectations on Laurie and even if we get him I think Mbye will get the nod at the fullback position.

The thing is if Mbye can't catch again we need to replace him with someone who can catch the footy and we really need a backup so I hope we get Laurie.

Tiger05

First Grade
I think our forwards should go well this year, completely different to last years team, no reason not to.

I do think we will have a good year, certainly a big chance for the top 8 (I'm tipping top 6).

1. Laurie?
9. McInnes?
Fitzgibbon - up grade?

Is McInnes a lock ? I know he has played there. I just don't want to blow our wad on a guy who isn't top tier talent. If we could get Angus Crichton to play lock for us I'd feel a lot more confident about out pack.

It appears the club views Blore as an edge forward but I can't see why he couldn't fill that lock forward role. I suppose time will tell how good Blore is. We really need him to be a weapon.

I reckon AD can play. I'm hopeful the spine of Liddle/SImpkins,Mbye, AD and Brooks fire. I'm not confident in relying on Brooks. I don't think he is that sort of a player.

It'll be interesting how we go. I still feel we are building really well.

Tigerm

First Grade
If we get Laurie we better get him soon, going to be hard for him to be dropped into the team at the back without having trained with the team and trying to establish himself in first grade
I think he will have to get past Mbye firstly, so who knows how long, if ever, that will happen?

Last edited:

Tiger Ted

Bench

1. Laurie?
9. McInnes?
Fitzgibbon - up grade?
AD will b our dominant player in the spine.At 5/8 we will get the best out of a naturally gifted footballer who is quick between the ears & he will leave no stone unturned to become the best player he can be.He is captaincy material.

Blackwhitegold

Juniors
Who thinks that Luciano would play lock? Big body, quick for a big bloke and has ball playing ability. In the second row have garner and blore. In the forwards rotation have Tahmou Mekaile musgrove and OG. The 1 to 7 picks its self at the moment. Forwards and bench should look like this.

8. OG
9. Liddell
10. Tahmou
11. Garner
12. Blore
13. Luciano

bench

14. Simpkin ( to cover Liddell)
15. Musgrove
16. Mekaile
17. MCK ( to cover second row and center )