What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Fordy20

Juniors
I think it's unrealistic to put expectations on Laurie and even if we get him I think Mbye will get the nod at the fullback position.

The thing is if Mbye can't catch again we need to replace him with someone who can catch the footy and we really need a backup so I hope we get Laurie.

I don't think the expectations on Laurie are too high. All I want from a fullback in attack is someone with a bit of pace to run off the hip of the ball carrier in attack, just like Matt Dufty. I don't know what happened to Mbye in 2019, but he simply refused to do it.

stryker

First Grade
AD will b our dominant player in the spine.At 5/8 we will get the best out of a naturally gifted footballer who is quick between the ears & he will leave no stone unturned to become the best player he can be.He is captaincy material.
He was shit on a stick at the back but I’m willing to see how he goes up in the line.
I hope he goes well at 6.

WA Tiger

Bench
AD will b our dominant player in the spine.At 5/8 we will get the best out of a naturally gifted footballer who is quick between the ears & he will leave no stone unturned to become the best player he can be.He is captaincy material.
I hope so or we are in trouble ..1 things for sure Walters won’t be fast tracked to his old mans club when he’s healed like his old man wants ..in fact he could be a life saver for us ..I really liked him at 6 and of course he plays 9...He came up with plays that you could say were flukey but they wern’t one offs...

WA Tiger

Bench
I don't think the expectations on Laurie are too high. All I want from a fullback in attack is someone with a bit of pace to run off the hip of the ball carrier in attack, just like Matt Dufty.I don't know what happened to Mbye in 2019, but he simply refused to do it.
Or he thought he knew better or he was given Carte Blanche at the back despite not being a natural fullback...even if Madge didn’t have a clue about fullback Hodgson was there to tell Mbye the basics ..a mystery ...a new year and surely a new captain

Last edited:
I'd be happy with either.
How? Laurie has loads of potential, as far as we know, and Momirovski will be starting Rd 1 and at worst No 18 until one of BJ or Roberts has a melt down. Momirovski will be a far more consistent centre than those two. Cini is another player with potential so let’s swap potential for potential.

gallagher

Juniors
How? Laurie has loads of potential, as far as we know, and Momirovski will be starting Rd 1 and at worst No 18 until one of BJ or Roberts has a melt down. Momirovski will be a far more consistent centre than those two. Cini is another player with potential so let’s swap potential for potential.

Not a fan of Momo really. I think he might start round 1 due to Douehi being injured but not in the 17 normally. Laurie gives a fullback option for us with Mybe the only option ATM.

Not a fan of Momo really. I think he might start round 1 due to Douehi being injured but not in the 17 normally. Laurie gives a fullback option for us with Mybe the only option ATM.
I’m not a huge fan either, but BJ and Roberts don’t fill me with much confidence either. Momirovski would be first in to replace either of them. Cini was never likely to start unless massive injuries.

WA Tiger

Bench
https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/la...ear-1-75m-rabbitohs-deal-20210124-p56whv.html

Accurate call DT re Momo..regardless of the centre doubters of which I’m not one I seriously can’t see much delay in this swap happening and then we can move forward...If we keep playing it safe and start going around in circles trying to cover players in case they don’t work out we arnt going to progress....1 risk reward 2 Laurie for Mbye is a must at fullback.Tamou says Lauries got what it takes ..lets get on with it.

Last edited:
Looks like Madge agrees with you. Momo has been refused a release.
A Panther forum member (whom they consider to be in the know) stated a Cini swap was going to happen last week. It didn’t and he has no idea why. Is it better just to stop this stupidity and wait until November 1 to get him? Penrith get no financial benefit from releasing him, so sounds like someone is playing with us. How could this seriously take so long?

Vozzy

Juniors
Yeah this situation is different to Matterson and Aloiai. Momo is still trying to lockdown a regular first grade spot somewhere. Plus he was used in a trade so yes he would be good depth but I can understand from his point of view. The only thing is with Addo-Carr, Allen and Cotric he would be in the same position at the Bulldogs and Panthers.

Our squad is definitely coming together, unfortunately it’s our spine that lets us down or the uncertainty to it.Back in 05 the WT came from nowhere to win the competition but their spine was exceptional, the sooner we get those positions filled with capable players the better off we will be :thumbsup:

Speedy Gonzales

Juniors
There's better chance of us finishing Top 4 than both BJ and Roberts lasting he full year without being dropped or suspended for whatever reason. One of them will not last and be immediately replaced by Momo or Talau

Unless we are winning a comp this year I don’t see the rush in bringing Laurie. We get him in 2022 anyways with a bit more development under him. Why not have both Momo and Laurie for 2022?

Momo at the very least is a very valuable squad member and is probably the best goal kicker at the club. I think it would be terrible business tbh

Also agree with you I think it’s unlikely Bj and Jet will be our long term centers anyway