What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

LMFAO!!!!!
Doohee is hot garbage again today.
He is like a slow moving sloth. He thinks slowly, he runs slowly and he gets in position slowly.
His only claim to fame is the mid field bomb. That is not a first grade standard 5/8.
I would try him at lock and once he fails there I’d trade his lazy arse out of this club because if he is a gun, he is the equivalent of a 300 year old musket.

All good until you see the rest of the side with less motivation than a jellyfish blubbering along somewhere on the ocean floor near the falklands.

Guys - I have nothing against gay guys. I

Who can we sign ? We just signed Hastings.

None of us care about gay guys except @stryker who is afraid to come to Sydney in case one of them try’s to pick him up.

He flatters himself, I dunno.

We can sign Seibs and/or Morris. Madge can move to coaching director or some other senior but harmless role.

Seeing we are all but taking the spoon, we use the balance of the season wisely. Save the cutlery.

We’ve had a good seven rounds of the usual false hope, we can’t complain too loudly.

But we need big changes. Cini must play at least and we may as well give Jock a run. It’s all a trial run for next year. We knew that, but we didn’t know what a trial the trial would turn out to be.

I’m not even angry.

Last edited:

Shredder

Juniors
Outside backs?

Potter made it his mission to fix our defense - we STILL havent got that right FFS.

Whatever Madge is doing isnt working. Best signing this club could make is a defensive coach! Whoever we have now (if we have one) isnt doing his job

F#$k we are a basket case of a club, we can talk about players, coaches ,culture but there also needs to be some identity with the club, FFS how many home grounds do we have (4 or 5 ) there is no way you can build a fortress and have a home ground advantage over other teams with the situation as is.

Shredder

Juniors
Four home grounds and we dont train at ANY of them.

Ive been a quiet supporter of Madge since we signed him. Watching his post match press conferences, he has no answers. Flannagan maybe?

But this lack of identity and the shite culture in the club that accepts mediocrity is going to be tough to get over.

Front-Rower

First Grade
I don’t buy this one home ground rubbish. They are first grade footballers. Play on the bloody moon for all I care. It’s not the 70’s anymore where these guys are driving trucks or laying bricks throughout the week. There is no reason that lack of effort is because they play at a couple of different grounds.

Wizardman

First Grade
I don't know of a sporting organisation in a major code that has four home grounds. In terms of gathering up a supporter base and establishing a team identity, that shit cannot be allowed to continue. We DO need to make a call on a home ground to play. Im ok with taking the odd game to a regional centre but we need to play at one ground.
It doesn't excuse the shit we've been delivering though.

gordsy

Juniors
Listen to Billy Slater talk about the Storm, play away you are expected to win.
Come into the team you are expected to do a job, no one cares if you have played 1 game or 200.
Playing on a short week etc etc etc no one cares you are expected to play well and win.
We need that. Say what you like about Smith and Cronk they helped build that mindset at Melbourne and now it's entrenched and has been for years.

Ned Kelly

Juniors
We need some outside backs.

Agreed. Two centers and a winger. We need a quality half back. We need a couple of gun forwards. And for the first time I am seriously thinking we need a new coach. Not long ago I would have said 'No Way" but now I find myself drifting to Shane Flanagan.

Ned Kelly

Juniors
We thought Jason Taylor was a dud. Couldn't wait for him to leave. Madge has a worse success rate than Taylor.
Is there a coach out there we could sign who might attract some quality players? Maybe Wayne Bennett then he can bring Benji back to us along with Reynolds.
Just while I have steam pouring out of my ears why did we decide Talau would be better to keep than signing Ado Carr? For F Sake !!!!!

Das Hassler

Bench
It may just be a despondent fog but I can't think of a single player of any calibre who we've beaten somebody else to going right back to maybe Scott Prince...i seem to recall Bennett wanting him to stay up there
...we've had in demand WT players decide to stay but I really cannot think of one player beside Prince and maybe Hodgson that we've ever beaten another club to. .....maybe Douehi?....certainly no one else from this bunch

If nobody wants to front up, we can just sack Madge via text. Ivan the lying creep taught us that.

I’d be rushing in Morris immediately. Club car outside his house ready to whisk him and mum to club hq.

Instead the club will f**k around for the season and make it all long and drawn out. That will just hurt everyone, create further bad will and bring more disgrace and dishonour to the situation.

I’ve just seen another denial. That makes three in a bit over 24 hours. Ffs.

Madge is quite wealthy and has multiple opportunities. He will be ok. He should do the right thing. It’s not all his fault, we know that, so why risk making it so?!

Last edited:

Tigerm

First Grade
If nobody wants to front up, we can just sack Madge via text. Ivan the lying creep taught us that.

I’d be rushing in Morris immediately. Club car outside his house ready to whisk him and mum to club hq.

Instead the club will f**k around for the season and make it all long and drawn out. That will just hurt everyone, create further bad will and bring more disgrace and dishonour to the situation.

I’ve just seen another denial. That makes three in a bit over 24 hours. Ffs.

Madge is quite wealthy and has multiple opportunities. He will be ok. He should do the right thing. It’s not all his fault, we know that, so why risk making it so?!
Do you really believe it's Madge's fault?
Do you not give players any responsibility for there non effort?
I think he is doing his job but the players are not, the Souths game showed this.

https://www.nrl.com/tv/shows/game-plan/2021/the-fundamentals-of-try-line-defence/

Last edited:

Latest posts