What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Tigerm

First Grade
Makes me feel better. Wing is a position we're real light on and he seems to be a decent backup fullback as well. He's still got plenty of footy ahead of him as well.
Yeah, he’ll be 26 this year, so still a few good years left? Though he does remind me a bit of Mansour, anyway, if it happens we will see?

Mario chalmers

Juniors
1622433808368-890d244c-2428-4403-9645-2416c43acc4c.jpeg

This does not say a great deal for WT management.

2 weeks ago we have sent 3 club admin on a mad dash to qld to meet with players who had no intention of leaving their clubs to sign for our club.

In this case we communicate to DWZ via his manager who goes to Canterbury and the media but nobody cares to ask the player himself.

https://www.qrl.com.au/news/2020/09/02/isaac-lumelume---always-electric/ Lumelume a better option than DWZ and probably on 1/6th of his money

Tigerm

First Grade

2 weeks ago we have sent 3 club admin on a mad dash to qld to meet with players who had no intention of leaving their clubs to sign for our club.

In this case we communicate to DWZ via his manager who goes to Canterbury and the media but nobody cares to ask the player himself.

https://www.qrl.com.au/news/2020/09/02/isaac-lumelume---always-electric/ Lumelume a better option than DWZ and probably on 1/6th of his money
You may well be right, but I don't think the 3 went up to Brisbane for nothing?

As for DWZ, well the club hasn't said anything and yes, it is a rumour, that appears to have some legs, so we will wait and see, I don't think the player will have a lot of say tbh?

Has management said otherwise?

Mario chalmers

Juniors
You may well be right, but I don't think the 3 went up to Brisbane for nothing?

As for DWZ, well the club hasn't said anything and yes, it is a rumour, that appears to have some legs, so we will wait and see, I don't think the player will have a lot of say tbh?

Has management said otherwise?

If he is laughing at the prospect of joining WT it is not happening.

Tigerm

First Grade

Canterbury fullback Dallin Watene-Zelezniak has responded to claims he is in talks with the Tigers about a mid-season move away from Belmore.

The Daily Telegraph reported the 25-year-old has been approached by the Wests Tigers regarding an immediate switch of clubs despite being contracted until the end of 2022.

It’s reported Michael Maguire, who coaches Watene-Zelezniak in the New Zealand national side, is eager to sign the former Panther to a long-term contract as he continues his Tigers rebuild.

The veteran of 143 NRL games was close to signing with the Tigers in 2019 when he left the Panthers, before signing an 18-month contract with the Bulldogs and then inking a two-year extension on top of that deal.

The former Kiwis skipper took to Instagram to declare he is committed to seeing out the remainder of his deal at the Bulldogs.

“I’m signed until 2022,” Watene-Zelezniak wrote.

“We may not be winning games but I love it at the Bulldogs and the challenge that is ahead of us. The tougher the journey the better the outcome.”

However Watene-Zelezniak’s denial of the Tigers move comes despite Bulldogs CEO Aaron Warbuton confirming an approach was made to the club.

“There has been an inquiry by the Tigers with regard to Dallin and that’s all that’s taken place,” Warbuton told the Telegraph.

gordsy

Juniors
Chasing DWZ and the broncos duds would suggest that the club thinks we have no depth in lower grades. We must me aiming for 100 backs, all of whom wouldn't know the way to the try line if you gave them a map

Das Hassler

Bench
Without wanting to disrespect DWZ but he's another enigmatic talent that can "do anything on his day" but the gap between his best and worst just cannot be absorbed by a club like WT ...same goes with players like Milford...Johnson....Cory Norman...Jack Bird etc etc. ...i wouldn't take any of them for free. We have been starving for consistent competence which is simply and exactly the bedrock that the Storm has been built on. I don't wish to go on about Cory T again but if it's about quality depth then we need players with what he brings to a club far more than what a freakish talent does.
Of course there's every chance that Dallin could shine under his Kiwi coach but gambling on players rediscovering their old form and holding onto it hasnt served us too well so far

Signing players who have past their better days seems to be the WT way of operating, rarely if at anytime has it helped our cause to be a better team or club, yet while the NSW cup team is doing well, I don’t have a problem with giving those players an opportunity to prove themselves in the higher grade, whether the player succeeds or fails doesn’t harm the club like rubbish signings like Packer,Reynolds,Mbye etc or players that were never given a fair go before shining at other clubs JAC,PAPS,Brown etc.

Pezz70

Juniors
DWZ only wants to play fullback, no room for him at the tigers! After seeing Isaako let Dufty score a minute before half time, I think he can stay at Brisbane too.

BrotherJim05

Bench
f**k me he is having a shocker. I still think Isaako is a quality winger but if his desire is to play fullback then no way Jose - stay at the donkeys

Latest posts