What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

macnaz

Staff member
Cool, he certainly has some upsides, just needs a game plan to utilise his strenghts.

BrotherJim05

Bench
Rumours:
- Sharks interested in Brooks
- Dragons want Mbye but before deadline or no deal
- Tigers have made formal offer to Finucane for 3 years

If we manage to clear both Brooks and Mbye on top of Packer then we should throw a huge chunk of cash at some f**ken excellent centres and maybe a back rower

Last edited:

macnaz

Staff member
Hope Brooks goes to the Sharks , not because I dislike him or doubt his ability but because I'd like to see him in a side who shows as much effort as he does.
Maybe not the most talented 7 in the comp but surrounded by a team who tries and supports him will go on to be another one we let go to achieve greater things elsewhere.

BrotherJim05

Bench
Hope Brooks goes to the Sharks , not because I dislike him or doubt his ability but because I'd like to see him in a side who shows as much effort as he does.
Maybe not the most talented 7 in the comp but surrounded by a team who tries and supports him will go on to be another one we let go to achieve greater things elsewhere.

I could see him geling really well with Hynes but Sharks need an organising halfback. Moylan and Brooks are kind of similar in the way they play

tiger102

Juniors
I watched that Fletcher Baker last night after we'd been linked to him. Big guy who ran hard and has an offload. Liked what I saw.
We are also rumoured to be looking at Egan Butcher.
We definitely need a experienced centre, what are people thoughts about Will Chambers for a year or two

Tigerm

First Grade
Rumours:
- Sharks interested in Brooks
- Dragons want Mbye but before deadline or no deal
- Tigers have made formal offer to Finucane for 3 years

If we manage to clear both Brooks and Mbye on top of Packer then we should throw a huge chunk of cash at some f**ken excellent centres and maybe a back rower
I hope they open the cheque a bit for Finucane, I think we have a reasonable forward pack, but just missing that one player to keep our heads up?
I see Curtis Scott may probably become available, I know he has had some issues and I haven't noticed his play, he worth consideration?

Tiger05

First Grade
Finucane has signed with the Sharks. I reckon that is good news for us. We need edge players and not middle forwards.

I wouldn't sign Curtis Scott. He sounds a mess. We don't need that.

Ned Kelly

Juniors
Our Premier has provided us with the solution to all our problems. Just go to Valandy's and the other teams and tell them we are in deep shit with no signs of getting out of it. Sure we got us into this mess but it is time for the NRL and all the other teams to help us out by each team providing us with 1 or 2 of their best players. After all we helped Melbourne out last year with a player swap.

Vozzy

Juniors
I'm surprised Kiah Cooper didn't get first crack over Pauga apparently when we were playing he was good in both attack and defense. Also with Seyfarth and Garner out wonder if Tuilagi will get a crack. I still think there are players in reserves who could be good if given more of a chance. Like I can't believe Cini got just 2 games. Especially after he killed it both in attack and defense in his first game.

simmo1

First Grade
If we offload Mbye and lose Packer, JTJ and BJ at the end of the year we should have $1.5mln to $2mln to spend.

We are going to get fined for not spending the cap because noone wants to come here. I can feel it.

I think in this situation they can front load contracts to cover it. I think that's what Penrith were going to do before they signed TPJ.

Not much interest, so I’m going to post it up on a UFO forum.

Im pretty sure I’ll find a lot of tigers players on that forum

Hopefully we will get an announcement Mbye has been traded for Corey Norman.

August 1 is the deadline I think.

Tigerm

First Grade
Sharks have nabbed Finucane, but no worries - Woodsy is on the market. Time for another Tigers fairytale homecoming story?
He is 29 atm, apparently Sharks signed him $2.5m over 4 years ($625,000) year, we supposedly offered TPJ more, but for 3 years (I believe), I just thought Finucane was worth more than the $'s he has supposedly signed for. Another one missed unfortunately?
Still, if we can get a gun centre and a solid back rower, all will be not completely lost, imo?

Latest posts