What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

I see Curtis Scott may probably become available, I know he has had some issues and I haven't noticed his play, he worth consideration?

Tigerm, Scott is an interesting one, did very well at the Storm under Bellemy but most of them do. Perhaps he needs a strong no nonsense coach. Is Madge that coach? He certainly was and could be a pretty good centre, much better than who the Tigers have today and he's still 23/24.

He'd most likely be faster than who the Tigers have today as well, so hes no chance.

You'd have to handcuff Scott to the fridge when he's not on the field for us. He has way too many problems off field.

He'll be another one whose life goes to shit after he finishes football and will die well before his time.

Tigerm

First Grade
I hope we are having a shot?

NRL rival’s $1m mega play for Roosters star​

NRL RIVAL’S $1 MILLION PLAY FOR ROOSTERS STAR

The Warriors are set to launch a monster $1 million a season bid for Roosters centre Joey Manu.

The Australian’s Brent Read reported the Warriors have told the Roosters they will make a play for Manu, who is off-contract at the end of 2022, when he is free to negotiate as of November 1.

“It is interesting because there have been some stories lately that the Roosters are desperate to tie Joey Manu down,” Read said on Triple M’s The Rush Hour with MG & Liam.

“He has got one year left on his deal from November 1, which means from November 1 he can start talking to other clubs.

“Someone from the Warriors has already reached out to the Roosters and said out of respect for you and your club we are letting you know right now. We are going to have a red hot go and Joey Manu from November 1.

Tiger05

First Grade
“Someone from the Warriors has already reached out to the Roosters and said out of respect for you and your club we are letting you know right now. We are going to have a red hot go and Joey Manu from November 1.

This is hilarious. Rugby league journalism at it's best. So clubs inform the Rorters about going after their players because they respect them.

Choiboi

Juniors

Garner has suffered a syndesmosis injury and will undergo an additional assessment this week while Seyfarth has sustained a high-grade injury to his medial collateral ligament — also ruling him out for several weeks.

Thank God it's not an ACL for Alex for the dog shot by Aloiai.

These idiot WT players liking his post are a disgrace too

Tigers1986

Juniors
Not sure why nearly all players who leave our joint turn into complete and utter c**ts towards us.

Moses' best 2 games a year are against us. Teddy trolls us. Aloiai with the dog shots (pulled a few lates on ANZAC Day as well). Anasta digs shots in any chance he can get on Fox. Matterson being a complete bellend against us. Momirovski. Several other examples. I reckon Woodsy and Fox are two who don't do it.

MANLY CIRCLING TIGERS LEADING LIGHT

Second-rower Luke Garner has been one of the few consistently good players in the inconsistent Tigers side this season.

But the tall back-rower could be lost back to Manly in 2022.

Garner is close mates with superstar Tom Trbojevic, with the pair playing in the Sea Eagles' Holden Cup team that reached the grand final in 2015.

Garner moved to the Roosters the following year before making his top grade debut at the Tigers in 2018.

He's been a regular in the top grade in recent seasons and is still under contract for next season - but we all know what contracts mean.

Choked on my corn flakes reading "few consistently good players".

Perhaps this is where the Siro to Tigers move comes from.

Tigerm

First Grade

Yeah, Garner doesn't deliver what we need, not a bad player but not for us imo.

I would mind Sirro, but he does seem to get injured a lot, we need a hard bastard with 100+ games, someone like Josh Jackson from the Dogs?

Vic Mackey

Referee
I'm surprised Kiah Cooper didn't get first crack over Pauga apparently when we were playing he was good in both attack and defense. Also with Seyfarth and Garner out wonder if Tuilagi will get a crack. I still think there are players in reserves who could be good if given more of a chance. Like I can't believe Cini got just 2 games. Especially after he killed it both in attack and defense in his first game.

Honestly Cooper hasnt imprssed anymore then Pauga in NSW, however probably worth a crack. His front on defence is better so thats a plus. Problem is he's played the majority of his games on the wing for us

Fordy20

Juniors

I would mind Sirro, but he does seem to get injured a lot, we need a hard bastard with 100+ games, someone like Josh Jackson from the Dogs?
I wouldn't mind Sirro, even if he does get injured a lot it just means guys like Blore would have more of a chance to nail down a spot in the starting side. What we really need is a centre. Dylan Walker might be a bit of a merkin, but he's exactly the kind of player we need.

Vic Mackey

Referee

I wouldnt bat an eyelid if Garner left. Great hole runner but cant tackle and doesnt take any tough hit ups. He hasnt improved at all in 3 years of NRL

Its funny you say that as Id recently thought the exact same thing re Jackson. The Dogs have surely maxed their cap out and would probably be open to offloading a couple of guys. He's had a funny career, 5 years ago was making rep sides whilst being a fairly average/solid NRL player. The last 3 years have actually been the best he's had, yet can't get a look in due to the Dogs being terrible. He's a tough no nonense specilaist right edge forward who's still got a good 2-3 years left in him.

Fordy20

Juniors
I wouldnt bat an eyelid if Garner left. Great hole runner but cant tackle and doesnt take any tough hit ups. He hasnt improved at all in 3 years of NRL

Its funny you say that as Id recently thought the exact same thing re Jackson. The Dogs have surely maxed their cap out and would probably be open to offloading a couple of guys. He's had a funny career, 5 years ago was making rep sides whilst being a fairly average/solid NRL player. The last 3 years have actually been the best he's had, yet can't get a look in due to the Dogs being terrible. He's a tough no nonense specilaist right edge forward who's still got a good 2-3 years left in him.
He's also the Dogs captain. He'd be a great signing, right up there with someone like Angus Crichton.

Tiger05

First Grade
Yep, surely this is the chance to flick him though

I'd actually like to keep him. He is on small dollars and he has been able to perform with the ball in the past.

@Tigerm - that is a good idea.

It's a rough situation. You can't carry people. He is an adult and has to be responsible for his actions and therefore suffer consequences.

Latest posts