What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Pezz70

Juniors
The top 8 is really meaningless apart from it's better to come 8th than 9th. If we aren't top four we aren't pushing for a title. We need to stop this obsession with a big name signing like TPJ etc. We have tried that before with Blair and it doesn't work. We'd be better off signing another two kids like Blore rather than a TPJ. imo
Blore is starting to look like a dud to me. I’m still up on Utiokamanu, Mikaele and Seyfarth though. Seyfarth and Utiokamanu have really come along pretty nicely playing in a dud team. Utiokamanu needs to harden up a bit get rid of the puppy fat. Mikaele has an error in him but as he matures he got potential to be a fair player.

Tigerm

First Grade
Blore to me was a positive from the debacle last night.
Yeah, he hasn't played much FG this year and is certainly a keeper, but a lot of us wanted the youth playing, simply, they are not up to it yet?

Then combine that with perhaps our worst halves display we have ever seen, we were not up to the task

Ned Kelly

Juniors
What's the deal with Joe O? He should be sacked for having zero game awareness
Yeah, every Tigers player should know that when they get tackled they need to look behind them to see if any team mates are close enough to go to dummy half. If not, stand there and patiently wait for someone to volounteer to do the job.

We are forever in a rebuilding process, it continually fails mainly because the players that are signed have virtually zero good football left in them.
For example, Bj,JTJ,Joe,JT, KM,Packer,Mbye are currently in our squad ,and offer little as their best football is behind them which doesn’t help our cause as a team.

Vic Mackey

Referee
So it’s just come out that we haven’t offered Israel Ogden a contract for next year. For those who don’t know him he’s a 6’3 100kg outside back with amazing footwork and pace who’s probably the most talented player in our undefeated Jersey Flegg side. Can play wing/center/fullback, got promoted to nsw cup mid way through the year and continued to impress.

This will be another Papenhuyzen if we don’t lock him up, mark my words.

stryker

First Grade
So it’s just come out that we haven’t offered Israel Ogden a contract for next year. For those who don’t know him he’s a 6’3 100kg outside back with amazing footwork and pace who’s probably the most talented player in our undefeated Jersey Flegg side. Can play wing/center/fullback, got promoted to nsw cup mid way through the year and continued to impress.

This will be another Papenhuyzen if we don’t lock him up, mark my words.
Isn’t this the sort of shit Hartigan should be all over?
What the hell does that bloke do?

Vozzy

Juniors
Issues like this need to be raised by people interviewing Pascoe or Lee not about blokes like Pangai Jr or Dale but asking if we are looking at Ogden, Cini, Cooper and other juniors that are inform (or would look like a gun in the storm/roosters systems). It's like they don't even watch their own youth teams so they have no knowledge of whats going on. They probably don't even know Ogden exists.

Tigerm

First Grade
Hard to know the truth here, as no one has put there name to this and its been said before?

Mbye set to quit Tigers as NRL rival haggles over exit fee​

Former Wests Tigers captain Moses Mbye is poised to join St George Illawarra next season.

A report in the Daily Telegraph claims that Mbye will be allowed to leave from the final year of his contract and is seen as the man to take over from Corey Norman at five-eighth.

The last hurdle to overcome is Mbye’s salary and who will pay it.

The Queensland Origin representative is on north of $800,000 next seaon and the Dragons are expecting the Tigers to contribute to Mbye’s pay packet.

“It is up to the clubs now,” Mbye’s manager Sam Ayoub told the Telegraph.

“They are the ones that have to negotiate the terms of the deal given he is contracted to the Tigers for another year.”

Earlier this year Mbye revealed he would be happy to leave the club early to make way for them to strengthen in other areas.

“Let’s be brutally honest, I don’t think the club would be thrilled that their marquee player is being used off the bench for half an hour a week,” he said.

“The club is not getting value for money out of me. I have a big opinion of the club and want to be part of its success. It’s why I have no intention of leaving this year or leaving the club in a hole.

“If it doesn’t work out elsewhere then I have no hesitations committing myself to the Tigers in 2022, but I feel it’s an avenue worth exploring.”

Last edited:

Mario chalmers

Juniors
$400k each should be enough to rid us of him. Saints need him, so the ball is in our court for once.

I think the timing of the article is interesting - we're in the first week of August. Players would have received their last payment on 1 August for the final 3 months of the contract year. Eg. Paid on August 1 for August, Sept, Oct.

With that said, I think WT might have topped up Mbye's last payment for this year meaning he is front ended for next year. If his annual contract value is $800k hopefully we reduce that by at least $200k for next year by front ending him.

That would leave us and saints to work out how who pays him what for the $600k he is owed for 2022. If we can get away with paying him $200k for next year only then I would take that as a good outcome.

Hopefully we get to know the full details shortly. I really hope we have front ended to avoid further pain for 2022.

Tiger05

First Grade
If we can get away with paying him $200k for next year only then I would take that as a good outcome.

We want him gone. We shouldn't get shafted in the trade though. He can still play first grade. It's just when you think about what he costs us it drives you nuts.

Ned Kelly

Juniors
So Woods is open to the idea of a return to the Tigers. Apart from him being a real .....(insert your own word) when he left, from what I have seen of him recently I am not open to the idea. He says you never say never. I say never.

Latest posts