What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Zero for zero years. Exactly the type of bludger who will stink the joint up for his whole contract
Well he will feel at home.

You have to crack an egg to make an omelette.

Madge is saying “steady as she goes” publicly, but in private he is probably screaming for Marquee or he will be off to centrelink.

stryker

First Grade
I agree with you. Kikau was fantastic last night. But, he is a follower type player rather than a leader. Kikau needs to be surrounded by good forwards to be successful. I agree that we'd get an Adam Blair type if we bought him to our environment. I'd much rather recruit Luke Thompson.
Kikau is an error riddled bludger.
He is one of the main reasons Penrith lost the GF.
He is a big body but a pussy until he has a pack that makes ground. He then runs it wide at centres and halves and people claim he is good .
We need a proper tough guy forward who can show the young guys how it is done. Kikau is the antithesis of this. Our pack will de-evolve with him in it.

Thompson would have been good but there are reports we missed him.

Fordy20

Juniors
Kikau is an error riddled bludger.
He is one of the main reasons Penrith lost the GF.
He is a big body but a pussy until he has a pack that makes ground. He then runs it wide at centres and halves and people claim he is good .
We need a proper tough guy forward who can show the young guys how it is done. Kikau is the antithesis of this. Our pack will de-evolve with him in it.

Thompson would have been good but there are reports we missed him.
Of course we missed him. We only offered 3 years.

Ned Kelly

Juniors
As far as the Tigers doco goes there is no point in more game highlight (low light) scenes interspersed with dressing room scenes any more. If it is a true documentary with no access bared we need to be seeing (and should have been seeing) more of what is happening off the field. I want to see how hard Pascoe and the recruitment team have been working as they claim to have been doing.
I want to see how they make their decisions and how they follow up. I want to see them hard at work to make sure next year is not another disaster year.

Tigerm

First Grade
There is talk we are talking with the Pommy forward Thompson from the dogs, supposedly a gun FR?
Ennis saying he won’t come?
Though not sure about this bloke, probably an enforcer, but is in trouble again, looking at another suspension for 2-3 weeks?

stryker

First Grade
As far as the Tigers doco goes there is no point in more game highlight (low light) scenes interspersed with dressing room scenes any more. If it is a true documentary with no access bared we need to be seeing (and should have been seeing) more of what is happening off the field. I want to see how hard Pascoe and the recruitment team have been working as they claim to have been doing.
I want to see how they make their decisions and how they follow up. I want to see them hard at work to make sure next year is not another disaster year.
100%
We know how the games go. Why waste time replaying them?
Show us prep and post analysis of games. Madge said we prepared beautifully for that game yesterday - what the f**k happened?
I want to know why this team falls to piss at the first sign of adversity.
I want to know why this group of players doesn’t seem to play as a team.
I want to know how a team fighting for its first finals berth in a decade gets towelled up by 50 by an also ran who are struggling themselves.
THAT would be interesting viewing.

Vozzy

Juniors
Our only way out of this is if 4-5 guys from Jersey Flegg turn into the next Tedasco/Prince/Marshall/Ellis/Farah. I can't see any "superstar" coming here. If I was new with recruitment I would target the fringe first graders who are getting the odd game with Storm/Roosters. If they are getting a taste with those teams they must be highly regarded for the future and come from good systems. We need to do a Newcastle and find a young gun like a Ponga no one experienced is coming here though.

WA Tiger

Bench
I noticed When Madge asked Talau “how he felt out there” Talau looked back at Madge like he was in shock.. That’s just suspicious me…And ok Madge did talk to a group of guys like he cared but yea this thing to me just seems too Madge orchestrated. He’s always in shot and he’s always a perfect gentleman eg touching the doorman’s shoulder affectionately as he’s walking in the changing room …and for me Who in there right mind would sign off on this when we are where we are and getting worse..It just doesn’t add up!

and for me Who in there right mind would sign off on this when we are where we are and getting worse..It just doesn’t add up!

I said it before WA Tiger, they would have done it purely for the money.
They should not have done it purely as it opened them all up for ridicule but the talking heads at Fox.

Tigerm

First Grade
See Raiders have sacked Curtis Scott, the Dogs are investigating an issue with Elliott and supposedly looking at Cotric and Allan’s being released?
Thoughts?

Perth Tiger

Bench
Our only options seem to be kids that haven't played first grade or first graders that no one else wants so we probably have a chance with Scott. But it is probably worth sticking with JTJ rather than rolling the dice again on Scott.

stryker

First Grade
See Raiders have sacked Curtis Scott, the Dogs are investigating an issue with Elliott and supposedly looking at Cotric and Allan’s being released?
Thoughts?
Scott - Yes with strong caveats about behaviour
Elliot - Maybe but he is trouble and not playing well
Cotric - Form has fallen off a cliff. No better than our current wingers
Allan - No. He is shit.

Wizardman

First Grade
Scott = worth a low price gamble. On good money, no way in the world.
Elliott = No
Cotric = As a winger, better than the two we have. As a centre, no thanks.
Allan = No way!