What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Ron's_Mate

Bench
Chee Kam on the move?
By Michael Chammas
August 29, 2021 — 7.30pm
South Sydney are closing in on the services of Wests Tigers utility Michael Chee Kam for next season. Tigers coach Michael Maguire originally indicated the Chee Kam wasn’t part of his plans, but has softened on that stance in recent weeks. It may be too late.

Chee Kam on the move?
By Michael Chammas
August 29, 2021 — 7.30pm
South Sydney are closing in on the services of Wests Tigers utility Michael Chee Kam for next season. Tigers coach Michael Maguire originally indicated the Chee Kam wasn’t part of his plans, but has softened on that stance in recent weeks. It may be too late.
In regards to Pearce, I wonder who the some at the Wests Tigers to provide the halfback with some food for thought?

Is it just a journo getting paid for filling print space or is there someone talking to Pearce?

Vic Mackey

Referee
In regards to Pearce, I wonder who the some at the Wests Tigers to provide the halfback with some food for thought?

Is it just a journo getting paid for filling print space or is there someone talking to Pearce?
Journos are constantly trying to link Pearce with the club, but it's all bullshit.

There aint a single quote for Pearce, not even a throwaway line of 'a tigers insider' clearly space filler from Chammas

FWIW though Id happily take him for 1 year with a 1 year option

Tiger buddy Ralph has it on good authority that Mitchell Pearce will be signed shortly.

As we know, he’s never been right about anything, but he’s pushing this one.

Magpies Forever

Juniors
he’s been ok, the clubs 3rd longest serving player. Believe it or not he’ll be 30 Feb next year, I don’t see a point to keeping him around, would rather give a younger guy a go
To be truthful I reckon Elijah Taylor would have been a better keeper. Defensively very good and can fill in at hooker to provide a breather to whoever is there without having to keep Mbye in the team as a utility. I do feel though we are missing a back rower cum centre than can do a bench utility role when / if MCK leaves.

Edit- thats why I plug away at times mentioning Peachey from the Titans as a useful signing- utility and actually probably a bit better than MCK. Shouldnt it be a mantra at WT replace someone leaving with someone just a little bit better?

Last edited:

Vic Mackey

Referee
To be truthful I reckon Elijah Taylor would have been a better keeper. Defensively very good and can fill in at hooker to provide a breather to whoever is there without having to keep Mbye in the team as a utility. I do feel though we are missing a back rower cum centre than can do a bench utility role when / if MCK leaves.

Edit- thats why I plug away at times mentioning Peachey from the Titans as a useful signing- utility and actually probably a bit better than MCK. Shouldnt it be a mantra at WT replace someone leaving with someone just a little bit better?

Mate its funny you say that RE ET as I have thought that exact thing multiple times this year. Its a shame as he had been a bit ineffective the last 2 years however the new rules suit the small ball playing 13. Plus off the field he is the ultimate professional. In hindsight he would have been great to have inthe squad.