What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Tiger05

First Grade
But the unrest was very real and many players were very upset. It might have been better to give the award to doogie to keep the peace.

Why it is so important and politicised, I have no idea.

Can you please provide direct quotes from the players sating how upset they are from Brooks and Laurie getting player of the year award over Doueihi ? Can you please also provide direct quotes from potential recruits on this topic and how they are choosing not to come to the Tigers due to this issue.

If you can't then I guess my conclusion which is that this is a load of horseshit is correct ?

Proof or it's bullshit.

From my understanding, Sheens and Hastings can get exemptions to enter the country as they are citizens. That process seems slow though and the 14 days of hotel quarantine await them.
Gildart will still be a fair way off though as he is currently not permitted unless he is granted a special exemption, which seems unlikely.
Yeah, no, there are limited number of seats available into Sydney due to hotel quarantine and the number of seats per flight, people have been waiting a long time for those flights. Qantas were doing the repatriation flights into Darwin and again, they had limited number of seats due to the beds at the quarantine place.

Then Qantas announced their flights from London 3 times per week and the passengers could quarantine at home, anyone could have bought a ticket as long as they have a home to isolate in, for 7 days and not a hotel room. Sheens and Hastings could have bought a seat as long as they had a home to go to. The flight from London to Sydney is 14th November, it was sold out within hours, source, neighbour works for Qantas.

Hodgson is easily better than Liddle and Simpkin. Simpkin needs another year either off the bench or in the KOE to ply his trade, and Liddle is not the answer.

This team is devoid of leadership and a players with an attitude to compete for 80 minutes. Hodgson offers both as well as being a talented hooker.

Make it happen Wests.
I tend to think in a similar vein, but atm I think that’s the reasoning behind Peachey or even Hastings if we want to keep Brooksy/ Doogie.

I disagree with all the Tim doubters. I think he will inject a lot of power into the playing group.

Remains to be seen, sure but we need strong officials.
Can you please provide direct quotes from the players sating how upset they are from Brooks and Laurie getting player of the year award over Doueihi ? Can you please also provide direct quotes from potential recruits on this topic and how they are choosing not to come to the Tigers due to this issue.

If you can't then I guess my conclusion which is that this is a load of horseshit is correct ?

Proof or it's bullshit.
I just don’t really care whether you believe it or not.

Besides I could give a quote and you would have no idea whether it is true or not.

Your guess is plainly wrong on my sources and you’re just going to have to wear it.

Some players were very unhappy about Brooks club award and thought Doogie deserved it.

Tiger05

First Grade
Besides I could give a quote and you would have no idea whether it is true or not.

Just to clarify you have nothing at all to back up your little fairy tale. Nothing. Zilch.

Since you've done it I'll post some random irrelevant information that has nothing at all to do with the Tigers. I watched the movie Old Henry last night. It was pretty good. It's a western shoot out.

Tiger05

First Grade
Imagine what a crap year we are in for if we don't sign any of the players we are supposedly chasing.

We got Peachey. He is probably the best off contract player available. We got Hastings and Gildart. We typically jag a player or two in the off-season. Hopefully we get some more this off-season.

Just to clarify you have nothing at all to back up your little fairy tale. Nothing. Zilch.

Since you've done it I'll post some random irrelevant information that has nothing at all to do with the Tigers. I watched the movie Old Henry last night. It was pretty good. It's a western shoot out.
Good for you.

I said Harry Grant a few times, and he hasn't denied it. Denied everyone else though...
Sorry to have to say is not through my source at least.

My source has been a bit quiet since the club awards fiasco.

Harry was big time for us, superb, but at the storm just another robotic purple merkin.

Mario chalmers

Juniors

This would represent a new low for WT. A 32 year old off two new reconstructions. What is going on? We've invested time, money and effort into Liddle and Simpkin. What was all of that for?

We've also added Peachey and Hastings who are both spoken of as lock forwards so no need for hodgson to play that role.

I couldn't be more disappointed.

Tiger05

First Grade

This would represent a new low for WT. A 32 year old off two new reconstructions. What is going on? We've invested time, money and effort into Liddle and Simpkin. What was all of that for?

We've also added Peachey and Hastings who are both spoken of as lock forwards so no need for hodgson to play that role.

I couldn't be more disappointed.

I'm okay with it but it's risky.

Latest posts