What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Tigerm

First Grade
Hartigan is gone. Sheens is in control. I've thought the club was heading in the right direction despite shitty results. Now I think they look to be heading in the wrong direction. Hopefully we get some good results.
Yeah, strange because Sheens hasn't been here for 10 yrs, but time will tell I guess?

Wests Tigers part ways with Adam Hartigan​

AuthorWests TigersTimestampFri 15 Oct 2021, 01:59 PM

Share on social media​

Wests Tigers have today confirmed that the club has parted ways with General Manager – Football Adam Hartigan, effective immediately.
Since joining the club midway through the 2019 season, Hartigan has played a key role in the recruitment and retention of a number of players to the club while also strengthening the Wests Tigers junior pathways network.
Tim Sheens will assume the role of Director of Football, effective immediately, with the club to confirm its new-look football department next week.
Wests Tigers would like to thank Hartigan for his efforts while at the club and wish him all the best in the future.

They should have referred to him as “ Adam” (friendly) or “ Mr Hartigan” (formal) in the body of it.

I thought he was going ok as he was faced with the horrendous cap issues.

My reading of the situation is that he wanted out.

This is a critical period for recruitment, it’s somewhat extraordinary to lose him at this juncture.

@Das Hassler does work in communications and those high brow things, I wonder what his take is?

Last edited:
I think it would have been untenable, after Sheens brought the old team back together again?
So I think he resigned.
Still, he was in charge of recruitment and it was not happening, that’s footy.
He‘ll get another gig, maybe the Dolphins? Hope he goes well.
Yeah, I’ve thought well of him. Just the timing!

I thought that the review of Madge was run by chairman Dan, sorry wrong state, chairman Lee, the CEO and Hartigan to reflect from their own failings. Perhaps Sheens had some input into the Madge decision and Hartigan was not happy back then? Who knows, who cares, what’s done is done.

perhaps, perhaps perhaps, who knows, but the club must now stand together, get behind Sheens and his role, Madge and his assistants, Kimmorley and his role (even get him involved in helping Madden and the next 7’s coming throug, etc etc etc.

Tigerm

First Grade
I thought that the review of Madge was run by chairman Dan, sorry wrong state, chairman Lee, the CEO and Hartigan to reflect from their own failings. Perhaps Sheens had some input into the Madge decision and Hartigan was not happy back then? Who knows, who cares, what’s done is done.

perhaps, perhaps perhaps, who knows, but the club must now stand together, get behind Sheens and his role, Madge and his assistants, Kimmorley and his role (even get him involved in helping Madden and the next 7’s coming throug, etc etc etc.
Agree, but I thought the review was about the whole club and season, not just Madge?

Fordy20

Juniors
They should have referred to him as “ Adam” (friendly) or “ Mr Hartigan” (formal) in the body of it.

I thought he was going ok as he was faced with the horrendous cap issues.

My reading of the situation is that he wanted out.

This is a critical period for recruitment, it’s somewhat extraordinary to lose him at this juncture.

I reckon you're on the money. I'd like to think it's so he can pursue an opportunity at the Storm or the Dolphins.

Last edited:

Magpies Forever

Juniors
My take of McDonnell coming was is wasnt he in charge of recruitment when the focus was on the south western sector of Sydney for the players coming through. I think he did well at that and maybe the club is making the conscious decision to go the locally developed south western connection and Hartigan was more for QLD juniors pinching using his brother?

Fordy20

Juniors
McDonnell cops a lot of shit, but I'm pretty sure he had the connection with Keebra Park and he also signed Mat Head from England after Sheenius failed to turn John Morris into Cooper Cronk in one season. Not that it helped, considered Sheens didn't believe in halfbacks, despite the only time we had a genuine one was the year we won the comp.

I read a rumor on reddit that there was no focus on extending Stefano or Laurie and Sheens lost it at Adam.??
Stef and Laurie were in Madge’s core group he spoke about so I doubt that’s true.

Juicy rumour though.

I’m sure our rugby league scribes will sort it out and reveal the truth.