What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Tigerm

First Grade
Just seen this on the WTF site from the POM?

The club has a 2 year deal on the table for Hodgson ready to go, his deal with Raiders for 2022 is worth around 650k. We are willing to pay 350k-400k with Raiders chipping in the rest, his deal for 2023 is for 550-600k. His management have discussed a 3rd year but that will preferably be a club option at most.

Luciano will get his upgrade for 2022 but no where near the reported $$. A 3 year ext has also been in discussions for sometime, expect the deal to be done, with his upgrade & ex the averaged out annual salary will be closer to 575k a season.

Hartigan’s departure has thrown recruitment into a bit of a tail spin but will has been on track the last couple days, as things do tend to happen when you lift the rug after someone leaves things are looking great in his favour, mainly from local junior side of the club, but many found it difficult to get a straight answer from him & then took the liberty of making some decisions without prior consult with management or coach, like nearly offering a deal to Chee Kam.

Coaching support staff I believe will be announced this week, with Nathan Cayless & Ben Gardiner to be assistants. Ryan Carr was very close but Gardiner’s rapport with his players got him over the line.

Backrow & Centre are the clubs main priority with it’s few remaining spots, there has been no official discussion about letting Liddle go. Madge has spoken to both Jake & Jacob of the pending arrival for Hodgson.
Luke Garner going to Manly doesn’t seem to be going away, but can’t see it happening unless we need a roster spot for a better target.

——————————-

Anything on ogden
Another Hartigan short fall, like Jordan Hill never followed up with scheduled meeting, not lost yet but I doubt he’s staying around.

——————————

Logen Dillon is highly rated by the club, Expecting him to be on a development deal for 2022.

——————————

Elliott decision was based on getting out of Sydney & longer contract. We only offered 1 & Raiders are offer 2.

Api from what I’m told is purely his manager playing the game, he doesn’t want to leave Panthers.
We were approached not the other way around.

————————-

Thanks @THE_POM . Any news regarding upgrades and extensions for Stefano or Daine?
Sorry forgot to add that part, Nothing on Daine as yet, but Stefano is currently in the process of being upgraded for next year & an extra 2 years on top of current deal. This should be sorted over the off-season.

————————-

Do you think we will actually get Hodgson with the Raiders other hooker arrested now ?
From what I’ve hear about his & Ricky’s relation ship, doubt Starling’s latest incident will have much impact.

Last edited:

Mario chalmers

Juniors
Just seen this on the WTF site from the POM?

The club has a 2 year deal on the table for Hodgson ready to go, his deal with Raiders for 2022 is worth around 650k. We are willing to pay 350k-400k with Raiders chipping in the rest, his deal for 2023 is for 550-600k. His management have discussed a 3rd year but that will preferably be a club option at most.

Luciano will get his upgrade for 2022 but no where near the reported $$. A 3 year ext has also been in discussions for sometime, expect the deal to be done, with his upgrade & ex the averaged out annual salary will be closer to 575k a season.

Hartigan’s departure has thrown recruitment into a bit of a tail spin but will has been on track the last couple days, as things do tend to happen when you lift the rug after someone leaves things are looking great in his favour, mainly from local junior side of the club, but many found it difficult to get a straight answer from him & then took the liberty of making some decisions without prior consult with management or coach, like nearly offering a deal to Chee Kam.

Coaching support staff I believe will be announced this week, with Nathan Cayless & Ben Gardiner to be assistants. Ryan Carr was very close but Gardiner’s rapport with his players got him over the line.

Backrow & Centre are the clubs main priority with it’s few remaining spots, there has been no official discussion about letting Liddle go. Madge has spoken to both Jake & Jacob of the pending arrival for Hodgson.
Luke Garner going to Manly doesn’t seem to be going away, but can’t see it happening unless we need a roster spot for a better target.

——————————-

Another Hartigan short fall, like Jordan Hill never followed up with scheduled meeting, not lost yet but I doubt he’s staying around.

——————————

Logen Dillon is highly rated by the club, Expecting him to be on a development deal for 2022.

——————————

Elliott decision was based on getting out of Sydney & longer contract. We only offered 1 & Raiders are offer 2.

Api from what I’m told is purely his manager playing the game, he doesn’t want to leave Panthers.
We were approached not the other way around.

————————-

Sorry forgot to add that part, Nothing on Daine as yet, but Stefano is currently in the process of being upgraded for next year & an extra 2 years on top of current deal. This should be sorted over the off-season.

————————-

From what I’ve hear about his & Ricky’s relation ship, doubt Starling’s latest incident will have much impact.
Handy update thanks.

Michelle Bishop was on SEN this morning reporting on the Starling incident and put the boot into to the Tigers re Hodgson. it's worth a listen. She rips in saying effectively 'Tigers were too slow re Hodgson move and now they will miss out on him." This sounds like Hodgson manager Isaac Moses has been on to her. He would have the shits if the deal is off.

Personally I thought Hodgson was great in his prime but I think his stats suggest he's past his best. There is still plenty of improvement in Simpkin and Liddle who should share the role in 2022.

Tigerm

First Grade
Handy update thanks.

Michelle Bishop was on SEN this morning reporting on the Starling incident and put the boot into to the Tigers re Hodgson. it's worth a listen. She rips in saying effectively 'Tigers were too slow re Hodgson move and now they will miss out on him." This sounds like Hodgson manager Isaac Moses has been on to her. He would have the shits if the deal is off.

Personally I thought Hodgson was great in his prime but I think his stats suggest he's past his best. There is still plenty of improvement in Simpkin and Liddle who should share the role in 2022.
Re: Hodgson, is anyone else chasing him? TBH, for the money he wants, I’m ok with Liddell and Simpkin (they are another season older), I think we have more backline priorities and another mongrel forward to fix first?

Tiger05

First Grade
Yes, the surprise bit (for me) was the bit about Hartigan? Not the great hope we thought he was (allegedly).

I was about to post the same thing. Hartigan from the outside to me looked good. I think our problems come down mostly to mismanagement of the cap and he seemed to be fixing that.

It sounds like it was having me or some of my mates on the job. It's more about doing as little as possible and getting paid whilst getting on the piss as much as possible.

Tiger05

First Grade
he rips in saying effectively 'Tigers were too slow re Hodgson move and now they will miss out on him." This sounds like Hodgson manager Isaac Moses has been on to her. He would have the shits if the deal is off.

This is f**ken ridiculous shit. This type of a deal requires some discussion because we aren't paying the whole contract and the Raiders have to put in.

I'm now hoping we get him because the money sounds reasonable plus we desperately need some talented players.

Tiger05

First Grade
Re: Hodgson, is anyone else chasing him? TBH, for the money he wants, I’m ok with Liddell and Simpkin (they are another season older), I think we have more backline priorities and another mongrel forward to fix first?

I hope we get him but if we end up with Liddle and Simpkin it's okay but the proviso is we need both of them in the NRL team every week. They both go to pieces after limited minutes. It's such a critical position as well in that poor service screws the whole team up.

I think Liddle/Simpkin can do the job but they aren't going to play consistent footy for 80 minutes a game.

This is f**ken ridiculous shit. This type of a deal requires some discussion because we aren't paying the whole contract and the Raiders have to put in.

I'm now hoping we get him because the money sounds reasonable plus we desperately need some talented players.

probably the Raiders trying to get us to pinch in more of his contract

Tiger05

First Grade
After listening to Andrew Voss interview Hastings I think Hastings is the player we build our team around. With such a great attitude I hope he plays out the rest of his career with us.

You have to give it time because the reality is that all that matters is on field performance. He sounds exactly what we need though.

I can't see Brooks lasting a week as our main play maker. I think that role will be Hastings.

BrotherJim05

Bench
After listening to Andrew Voss interview Hastings I think Hastings is the player we build our team around. With such a great attitude I hope he plays out the rest of his career with us.

f**k I love his honesty and attitude. Walking into the side and being given the 7 jersey is a very very long shot, but it's something to be hopeful about. Would actually love to see him turn into the organizer we always wanted and then Brooks completely re-discover himself as a running 5/8 and form an excellent combination with him. I love Doeuihi, but it will be a very nice headache to have if both Brooks and Hastings are killing it together by the time he is back from injury.

Pezz70

Juniors
I hope we get him but if we end up with Liddle and Simpkin it's okay but the proviso is we need both of them in the NRL team every week. They both go to pieces after limited minutes. It's such a critical position as well in that poor service screws the whole team up.

I think Liddle/Simpkin can do the job but they aren't going to play consistent footy for 80 minutes a game.
Only way to get more minutes is to play more minutes. Jacob Liddle just played his first uninterrupted season and got through piles of work while on the field. Just needs to work on a kicking game and being consistently good
With his service, he throws a loose pass every set, that needs to improve and then we have a top line hooker.

Hodgson good player but not for the tigers IMO