What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Tigerm

First Grade
TIGERS’ WORD ON LEILUA FIASCO

Ex-Tigers centre Joey Leilua sent the rugby league world into a spin when he blasted coach Michael Maguire, while also denying reports he was only offered a train-and-trial contract by the club.

And now the Tigers have responded to the confusion over the 29-year-old’s future.

Leilua’s contract, understood to be worth around $800,000 per season, expires this year. News Corp reported that the Tigers had offered him a $1,000-per week train-and-trial deal rather than a top 30 contract extension after he had a disappointing season.

However Leilua took to Instagram to deny those reports, claiming he wasn’t offered anything, while also saying he wouldn’t want to play for Maguire anyway.

News Corp stood by the original report.

Now, Tigers chairman Lee Hagipantelis has come out confirming the club didn’t offer him anything.

“Absolutely, when in doubt, go to the source Joey is correct,” Hagipantelis told SEN.

There was no contract of any sort offered to Joey.”

Leilua is reportedly weighing up a move to the USA to pursue rugby union.

Mario chalmers

Juniors
You have to give it time because the reality is that all that matters is on field performance. He sounds exactly what we need though.

I can't see Brooks lasting a week as our main play maker. I think that role will be Hastings.
i think if Pearce departs Newcastle then I can see Brooks being pushed up there

- Adam O'brien and Brooks are both managed by Isaac Moses;
- Pearce has known about Catalans for some time as have the Knights. It was first rumoured back in August

Another Moses client (and former Knights assistant coach) Anthony Seibold was seen with Brooks recently.

Think this will get legs pretty quickly. Tigers would have to try and get someone else back from Newcastle in exchange to fill the cap space?

Vozzy

Juniors
If Brooks isn't in long term plans (i think for him and the club it's time for a change) while looking or waiting for a young half to take over it's better to have an experienced replacement in Pearce until someone like Michael tannous is ready. Pearce and hasting may lead us around better and be more consistent.

Vic Mackey

Referee
$700k for Luc is nuts and if we do it we’ve learnt nothing from the large long term contract we gave Nofa. Like Nofa at his best he is amongst the best players in his position in the game. However his worst game also puts him amongst the worst in the game. There are equal amounts of these games a year.

Matterson went to the Eels on $550k and Capewell to Broncos on $500k. Both these guys are overall better players then Luc.

This is one where I would very happily call his bluff. I would be shocked if any other club would pay him $600k, let alone $700k. His current contract of $450-$500k is spot one IMO

$700k for Luc is nuts and if we do it we’ve learnt nothing from the large long term contract we gave Nofa. Like Nofa at his best he is amongst the best players in his position in the game. However his worst game also puts him amongst the worst in the game. There are equal amounts of these games a year.

Matterson went to the Eels on $550k and Capewell to Broncos on $500k. Both these guys are overall better players then Luc.

This is one where I would very happily call his bluff. I would be shocked if any other club would pay him $600k, let alone $700k. His current contract of $450-$500k is spot one IMO
That journalist said some of our players should be shaking as they go to collect their pay checks.

The poms $575 is top dollar for him. Play away deal, no extras.

TIGERS’ WORD ON LEILUA FIASCO

Ex-Tigers centre Joey Leilua sent the rugby league world into a spin when he blasted coach Michael Maguire, while also denying reports he was only offered a train-and-trial contract by the club.

And now the Tigers have responded to the confusion over the 29-year-old’s future.

Leilua’s contract, understood to be worth around $800,000 per season, expires this year. News Corp reported that the Tigers had offered him a $1,000-per week train-and-trial deal rather than a top 30 contract extension after he had a disappointing season.

However Leilua took to Instagram to deny those reports, claiming he wasn’t offered anything, while also saying he wouldn’t want to play for Maguire anyway.

News Corp stood by the original report.

Now, Tigers chairman Lee Hagipantelis has come out confirming the club didn’t offer him anything.

“Absolutely, when in doubt, go to the source Joey is correct,” Hagipantelis told SEN.

There was no contract of any sort offered to Joey.”

Leilua is reportedly weighing up a move to the USA to pursue rugby union.

Let sentence says it all about Joey. He’s in his 20s and has to weigh up a move to America to code hope. With his ability he should be knocking on the door of origin footy, but he has a terrible attitude and 0 brains.

Latest posts