What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

BrotherJim05

Bench
If the info that we offered Luciano 575k is true, then I think it's a fair deal. He would probably command 500k at another club, but there is no way we are gonna pass on a really good player (with huge potential) who actually loves our club, backs the coach and wants to see it succeed...over 75k? Fk that pay the extra 15%, he's earnt it

Pezz70

Juniors
If the info that we offered Luciano 575k is true, then I think it's a fair deal. He would probably command 500k at another club, but there is no way we are gonna pass on a really good player (with huge potential) who actually loves our club, backs the coach and wants to see it succeed...over 75k? Fk that pay the extra 15%, he's earnt it
He isn’t worth $500k, would be lucky to be playing NRL but for the Tigers, his attacking game is generally good, his defence is woeful. If he was scoring or assisting most games you might up it a bit but he doesn’t. In my eyes he’s a bit like his brother, gives up on the play too easily. Don’t get me wrong, he’s ok-ish but he is not the machine we need in the backrow.

I really like this response. Very strong,very clear. Seems like we actually have someone at the helm now.
100% Ned, what it shows me is that Brooks is staying because if in the next month he was released, Sheens would look as incompetent & as useless as the people who had put out a press release in the past x years. Plus the fact the news corp sport writers (gotta stop calling them journalists) would have a field day.

WT Unity

Juniors
I like the Sheens response for two reasons...
1) It was quick, immediate an unequivocal which in turn has seemed to shut it down. The hacks drop off because of the cold water that's been poured on what was probably just a hack throwing something out there based on nothing solid. Take the heat out of it and they move on looking to "create" as opposed to report on the next issue.
2) It puts the club in a stronger (future) bargaining position if or should anything eventuate on (in this case) a club looking to snare Luke Brooks (i.e. we still want him, he is imperative to our future plans, we're not paying a cent of his contract and / or we need a like for like player swap). We would have the superior bargaining power based on Sheens' statement. This case has been better handled than Lee / Aloiai / Mowing Lawns etc, which made that situation untenable for the player, or at least gave the appearance of such and of course we lost control of the situation.

It's a good sign, it's better leadership, it's stronger leadership, it's calm, it's clever!

Tiger05

First Grade
Welcome back Tom Shines. This is right up there with his John Morris will be our Cooper this year remark….

If anyone like myself thought Shines could be a poor signing this shows how good he will be for our club.

We'll have the new Benji Marshall and the new Robbie Farah soon.

Das Hassler

Bench
1) It was quick, immediate an unequivocal which in turn has seemed to shut it down. The hacks drop off because of the cold water that's been poured on what was probably just a hack throwing something out there based on nothing solid. Take the heat out of it and they move on looking to "create" as opposed to report on the next issue.
2) It puts the club in a stronger (future) bargaining position if or should anything eventuate on (in this case) a club looking to snare Luke Brooks (i.e. we still want him, he is imperative to our future plans, we're not paying a cent of his contract and / or we need a like for like player swap). We would have the superior bargaining power based on Sheens' statement. This case has been better handled than Lee / Aloiai / Mowing Lawns etc, which made that situation untenable for the player, or at least gave the appearance of such and of course we lost control of the situation.

It's a good sign, it's better leadership, it's stronger leadership, it's calm, it's clever!

I"ll go along with that

BrotherJim05

Bench

It's Sheenius

Fordy20

Juniors
Well we came close to Elliot, unravelled at the last minute but obviously we were not the only club interested in trying to offer him a fresh start.

I wish him the best with it. Probably more important in the long run that he overcomes his inner grog monster than has a good season but on the piss.

I think we had the apparatus to help redeem him, but he’s got good reasons for the ACT.

If the grog is used to bond, that may not help.

I think Hook had beers with the sgi lads to help them bond. They did well up until bbq gate.

Tigerm

First Grade
Well we came close to Elliot, unravelled at the last minute but obviously we were not the only club interested in trying to offer him a fresh start.

I wish him the best with it. Probably more important in the long run that he overcomes his inner grog monster than has a good season but on the piss.

I think we had the apparatus to help redeem him, but he’s got good reasons for the ACT.

If the grog is used to bond, that may not help.

I think Hook had beers with the sgi lads to help them bond. They did well up until bbq gate.
I don't think Canberra is the place for him, if he is worried about getting on the grog, they seem to have a history for it?

I don't think Canberra is the place for him, if he is worried about getting on the grog, they seem to have a history for it?
I think he will be monitored pretty carefully, at the club and where he will be living. So not a lot of leeway.

Maybe a team meeting and some group honesty at the start of the year about his issues.

Then there’s Tom and Rapana running amok.

Tom is in all sorts.

The point was made by @stryker-puss, they are supposed to be professional athletes and respect their station in life and instead, they carry on like ferals. Astounding lack of insight some of these players have.

Probably with Elliot, seeing it’s on-going, maybe he can be prescribed with medications to help him. I think his issue is more profound than say the sillyness of the Panthers post gf.

Last edited:

Tiger05

First Grade
Apart from Scott Drinkwater or Madden who would our halves option/s be until AD comes back ?

Hastings and Brooks to start the season in the halves. If they perform I assume AD comes back into the centres unless a miracle happens and we have two guys firing in the centres. It'd be interesting if 2 out of Gildart, Talau, Roberts & Kepaoa are firing and can't be moved.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Apart from Scott Drinkwater or Madden who would our halves option/s be until AD comes back ?

If Brooks goes the halves would be:

7. Hastings
6. Madden/Peachey

We're lucky that Laurie is a decent play maker so having a makeshift 6 short term isnt the end of the world. If Brooks does leave then I really think we need Hodgson as another attacking option.

Latest posts