What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

BrotherJim05

Bench
No.. perhaps they just don't like to inject shit that's been rushed and untested .
Anyway back to the footy.
It wasn't rushed and untested. Majority of the work creating the vaccine was already done during the SARS outbreak in Asia, but as it was contained fairly quickly, funding completely dried up and slowed to a snails pace. Then once COVID hit, you have basically every scientist on the planet all working together to pick up where they left off. This isn't a conspiracy, or politics, or whatever, it is a simple fact that humans can achieve almost anything when there is enough shared incentive and funding.

WA Tiger

Bench
No.. perhaps they just don't like to inject shit that's been rushed and untested .
Anyway back to the footy.
Too late. Head to the “Off Topic” queue to be moderated please. You’ll be safe there. There’s a security gua….Styker, where’s the security guard gone!!

Last edited:
It wasn't rushed and untested. Majority of the work creating the vaccine was already done during the SARS outbreak in Asia, but as it was contained fairly quickly, funding completely dried up and slowed to a snails pace. Then once COVID hit, you have basically every scientist on the planet all working together to pick up where they left off. This isn't a conspiracy, or politics, or whatever, it is a simple fact that humans can achieve almost anything when there is enough shared incentive and funding.
Humans can achieve almost anything…….

But Im pretty sure that no amount of Nobel prize winners could procure a solid factory back-up half for us before March next year.

Last edited:

Tigerm

First Grade
From The Pom

There’s a meeting this morning between the club & The Raiders in relation to Hodgson with final offers to be presented. Believe we upped the $ we are contributing but not by much. A result is wanted from today so he can join pre-season training next week.
Curtis Scott deal was torpedoed by Sheens after having 1 phone call with him, not sure the issue but apparently wasn’t sold on him joining the club.
Isaiah Papali’i had discussions with his the club & his management yesterday afternoon, our offer is better than the Eels & seems keen to join, but he does have a meeting with Eels today & they have upped their offer to him but still don’t think will match our offer, expect a decision early next week.
Also appears Israel Ogden no longer with the club.
Club has also reached out to the management of Herbie Farnworth & Briton Nikora to gage their interest in joining the club in 2023.

Peachey from initial discussions is to be 13, Hastings will train at 6 alongside Brooks. Doueihi looking like he won’t be back till around mid to end of May.
Luciano want’s to stay but still a bit of a difference between what his management is asking for & the club is offering.

Tigerm

First Grade
Looks like we may have dodged a bullet ?

SCOTT’S RETURN ON THE LINE

Curtis Scott’s NRL return is up in the air after his ex-partner reportedly lodged a complaint against him.

The Eels are keen on signing the 24-year-old on a one-year deal after he was sacked by the Raiders in August following a nightclub incident.

The NRL is yet to rubberstamp the signing and it seems there could be an even longer delay.

Wide World of Sportsrevealed Scott’s ex-partner, Tay Clark filed a complain to the New South Wales Police and the NRL claiming he has been stalking her in recent weeks.

Clark reportedly told the police and NRL that Scott had been walking past her house in the Sutherland Shire several times a day.

The police were unable to comment on the situation.

“We cannot say anything because of privacy reasons,” a police spokesperson said.

According to the WWOS, the NRL’s Integrity Unit is investigating the complain — which could ultimately impact his chances of signing with the Eels.

News Corp reports Scott has denied any wrongdoing and sources close to the ex-Raiders and Storm centre claim that Scott has often trained and played tennis at the end of that street.

Last edited:

Tiger05

First Grade
Oh yea Kepaua’s proven alright. Beyond doubt a kit carrier.

I'm laughing. He has plenty of promise. Looking at that list of 6 centres I think we need Doueihi coming back into the centres. Kepaoa excluding Doueihi could be the best centre on our list.

Tiger05

First Grade
Fingers crossed on Hodgson and Isaiah Papali’i. I could start to believe that maybe we won't be absolute crap next year. Maybe not top 8 but maybe not bottom 4 either.

I think it's Hodgson for next year though. Papali’i is on contract with Parra. Those signings would be great though.

With $1.5m left to spend, surely we can nab 3 quality signings.
If we don't, well run 15th at best in 2022 and we'll be less desirable to potential recruits.
So many quality players have gone to other sides, why weren't we more active earlier? Is that why Hartigan got sacked? Maybe he was the issue