What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

WA Tiger

Bench
The co
With $1.5m left to spend, surely we can nab 3 quality signings.
If we don't, well run 15th at best in 2022 and we'll be less desirable to potential recruits.
So many quality players have gone to other sides, why weren't we more active earlier? Is that why Hartigan got sacked? Maybe he was the issue
The conversation used to go between Pascoe Madge and Hartigan, with Hartigan having the final say..You can imagine how that went for potential recruits …Madge wants to spend whatever it takes to get a player he likes, Pascoes hasn’t got a clue, Hartigan thinks he’s still at Easts with his modest $ offers and of course Lee wants to visit the family home first

I think we will see more astute decisions made much faster and the path made much easier for the good players from here on, with Sheens at the helm

Last edited:

BrotherJim05

Bench
Hodgson, Papilihi, a really strong centre and a big f**k off prop to come off the bench would complete our roster. I think we could hope for top of the bottom 8…maybe even dare to dream of sneaking in to top 8.
  1. Laurie
  2. Nofa
  3. Gidart
  4. New Signing*
  5. Maumalo
  6. Hastings
  7. Brooks
  8. Twal
  9. Hodgson*
  10. Stefano
  11. Luciano
  12. Papalihi*
  13. Peachy
  14. New Signing*
  15. Offa
  16. Blore
  17. Whoever needed (Mikale, Simpkins, Garner etc)

For the first time in a while we would actually have depth and a lot of players trying to prove themselves for a starting spot. Kepaoa and Talau will be clipping at the heels of the backs, Madden will put pressure on the halves, plus there are a number of really good forwards coming through that will want a bench spot as soon as it's available. I don't really know where I see Tamoa in the side. Maybe he gets a start and Twal comes off the bench to play long minutes (James Graham 2012 style) but if we manage to sign another prop I don't see him in the side.
The real headache begins when Douihi is fighting fit because he walks right into that side.

Last edited:
Hodgson, Papilihi, another centre and another big ass f**ken prop would complete our roster. I think we could hope for top of the bottom 8…maybe even dare to dream of sneaking in to top 8.
  1. Laurie
  2. Nofa
  3. Gidart
  4. New Signing*
  5. Maumalo
  6. Hastings
  7. Brooks
  8. Twal
  9. Hodgson*
  10. Stefano
  11. Luciano
  12. Papalihi*
  13. Peachy
  14. New Signing*
  15. Offa
  16. Blore
  17. Whoever needed (Mikale, Simpkins, Garner etc)

For the first time in a while we would actually have depth and a lot of players trying to prove themselves for a starting spot. Kepaoa and Talau will be clipping at the heels of the backs, Madden will put pressure on the halves, plus there are a number of really good forwards coming through that will want a bench spot as soon as it's available. I don't really know where I see Tamoa in the side. Maybe he gets a start and Twal comes off the bench to play long minutes (James Graham 2012 style) but if we manage to sign another prop I don't see him in the side.
The real headache begins when Douihi is fighting fit because he walks right into that side.
Number 4 - Kevin Naiqama since according to wikipedia you have signed him for 2022.

Pezz70

Juniors
From The Pom

There’s a meeting this morning between the club & The Raiders in relation to Hodgson with final offers to be presented. Believe we upped the $ we are contributing but not by much. A result is wanted from today so he can join pre-season training next week.
Curtis Scott deal was torpedoed by Sheens after having 1 phone call with him, not sure the issue but apparently wasn’t sold on him joining the club.
Isaiah Papali’i had discussions with his the club & his management yesterday afternoon, our offer is better than the Eels & seems keen to join, but he does have a meeting with Eels today & they have upped their offer to him but still don’t think will match our offer, expect a decision early next week.
Also appears Israel Ogden no longer with the club.
Club has also reached out to the management of Herbie Farnworth & Briton Nikora to gage their interest in joining the club in 2023.

Peachey from initial discussions is to be 13, Hastings will train at 6 alongside Brooks. Doueihi looking like he won’t be back till around mid to end of May.
Luciano want’s to stay but still a bit of a difference between what his management is asking for & the club is offering.
Luciano is not worth anything near the money his management is asking. Tell him to go test the market. He’ll be begging for $500k in a months time, and we can give him $450

stryker

First Grade
Luciano is not worth anything near the money his management is asking. Tell him to go test the market. He’ll be begging for $500k in a months time, and we can give him $450
Agreed. He had a sub par 2021. He has an absolute hide to raise his asking price. Play hard ball.

WA Tiger

Bench
Interesting, TBH, I thought he was going to you blokes?

His defence was always suspect, but his speed was good, maybe a Sheenius signing if true?
Pascoe and the old firm said yes to Nquama then Sheens and co landed and said no way ..If he signed it would be in the herald (I’m praying)

Last edited:

WA Tiger

Bench
If you put it through the WT currency converter(extra 20% just for staying at WT and having line breaking skills) Luc is prob worth $550- $600k esp in his mind when he’s able to offload to Brooks on $850k to make him shine

Last edited:

Tigerm

First Grade
From Fox NRL

HODGSON ON THE MOVE?

Josh Hodgson could end up in Tiger land this pre-season, and not the nation’s capital, with a decision expected in the coming days and a medical already completed.

That’s according to the Sydney Morning Herald, which reports Hodgson, who is due back at the Raiders on Friday, is at the top of the Tigers’ hit list as they look to bring in some experience at dummy half.

The report adds: “Tigers officials have good reason to believe he no longer wants to be in the nation’s capital and is chasing a fresh start in Sydney under coach Michael Maguire.”

Right now, the only sticking point is reportedly how much of Hodgson’s $900k contract the Tigers are willing to pay.

According to the Herald, the Tigers aren’t willing to move up from the $500k mark and are keen on handing out a two-year contract — as long as they’re able to land Hodgson this season.

Still, with Tom Starling set to face court in the new year, the Raiders are in no rush to let Hodgson walk out the door.

Tigerm

First Grade
6 useless centres is the same as having zero centres .
Hopefully Gildart will deliver something, Kepaoa looked better (at centre) before he got injured, and if Brooks and Hastings click in the halves, I thought Talau was showing a bit more at the end of last season and we will probably have AD back in the centre’s when both are back?

Hoffman is interesting, they have kept him, when they had a chance to punt him, so maybe he has something to offer, he hasn’t had a lot of opportunity?

I agree re: Roberts appears done.

But my point was, that we have 6 already, would be a bit strange to be looking at more centres atm?

You need to update your profile photo, Sheensy has a bit more grey now 😂😂😂 You must have known he’d be back🤣

Last edited:
Gotta hand it to Starling getting himself arrested and indirectly f**king us over with Hodgo talks.

The group are allegedly intimidating a doorman because the venue has reached capacity. cops called and our hero loses all courage and bolts.

One of the classic “ Dont you know who I am? “
moments. But he’s allegedly in company, not good and the danger to his freedom especially if he has form is entirely possible.

What’s gone wrong is that they got distracted beforehand, were running late, or something.

And of course, visiting the club and acting like a conceited merkin playing the hero, telling bad jokes and a desire to be the drunken dickhead or looking for intimacy whatever, for a few moments, was more important than your lucrative occupation and standing in the wider community.

A bit reminiscent of the squid and his drunken hurrah, now labelled a racist prick for life, even if he’s completely innocent.

I’ll be giving it to for sure from the safety of the bleachers.

Us fans have no mercy and wt fans never forgive a traitor who bags our club when he’s left.

“Dont you know who I am?” -lol. The sheer stupidity of some of the nrl players is mind boggling.

This post was inspired by @myrrh ken who was adding some valuable insights on another thread. Thinking about them this morning cleaning up the backyard.

Last edited:

Tigerm

First Grade
Kepaoa has played 63mins in NRL as a Centre
3 tackles
2 missed
0 line breaks
He has shocking hands too.
Unless there's another outside back signing, well probably run with Gildart and Roberts. We got torn to shreds out wide in 2021 and haven't strengthened it for 2022.
I thought he came to us as a centre, but we played him on the wing? It’s certainly stretching my memory, but I thought he seemed more comfortable there in his first game in that position with us, at the time.
Didn’t they attribute his bad handling with bad eyesight, which got sorted out? Not saying he will be a superstar though, but you are making an assumption on one game?
But, I think AD will end up back there when he comes back, if Brooks and Jackson are going well?

Last edited:
The others players named in the report are Api Koroisau, Joseph Tapine, Api Koroisau, Dylan Walker and Brian Kelly, plus unnamed players from the Warriors, Roosters, Dragons, Tigers and Sharks.

Perhaps there may be 1 or more players about to depart ? or is it yet again, some great investigative journalism? or not !

Vic Mackey

Referee
I thought he came to us as a centre, but we played him on the wing? It’s certainly stretching my memory, but I thought he seemed more comfortable there in his first game in that position with us, at the time.
Didn’t they attribute his bad handling with bad eyesight, which got sorted out? Not saying he will be a superstar though, but you are making an assumption on one game?
But, I think AD will end up back there when he comes back, if Brooks and Jackson are going well?

He played all his juniors and flegg/nsw cup with Easts as a centre or fullback, he didn’t play wing until he came to us where he got like 2 games in nsw cup then straight into NRL.

20 years ago wing/center and even fullback were fairly interchangeable, the modern game has them needing entirely different skill sets.

Im not going off and saying he’ll be a good NRL player, however the most comfortable he has looked in the top grade was those 63mins at center against the Rabbits, a team who made the GF.

Tiger Ted

Bench
He played all his juniors and flegg/nsw cup with Easts as a centre or fullback, he didn’t play wing until he came to us where he got like 2 games in nsw cup then straight into NRL.

20 years ago wing/center and even fullback were fairly interchangeable, the modern game has them needing entirely different skill sets.

Im not going off and saying he’ll be a good NRL player, however the most comfortable he has looked in the top grade was those 63mins at center against the Rabbits, a team who made the GF.
The display by him at centre v souths was the only time he has looked like he belonged in the top grade.He could help rectify a severe weakness of ours if he were to make the centre position his own