What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

The Hammer or nothing I reckon. The kids a weapon, and they would be silly enough to do it
One thing that Payten is or was good at was coaching and mentoring the young kids. The hammer is who I want but Payten would never consider it.

So like other clubs have done with the Tigers, the Tigers must now start doing, LL at the Tigers in 22.

Choiboi

Juniors
The Wests Tigers have lost forward Luciano Leilua in 2023 but now a move for North Queensland Cowboys forward Heilum Luki could see him make the move in the next few weeks if the Cowboys agree to a swap deal

Tigerm

First Grade
How to screw your cap, good and proper?

The Daily Telegraph claims the Bulldogs’ 2023 roster has already taken up close to $8.85 million, leaving just $1.15 million to fill the remaining spots. However, add in Mahoney’s salary and that figure drops to $500,000.

A minimum deal starts at $80,000.

Mahoney and Kikau take Canterbury’s 2023 roster to a total of 21 players — plus Jack Hetherington and Jeremy Marshall-King have options in their contracts for 2023. That leaves nine spots to fill (if Hetherington and Marshall-King are not retrained) with not a lot of cash to spend.

simmo05

Bench
How to screw your cap, good and proper?

The Daily Telegraph claims the Bulldogs’ 2023 roster has already taken up close to $8.85 million, leaving just $1.15 million to fill the remaining spots. However, add in Mahoney’s salary and that figure drops to $500,000.

A minimum deal starts at $80,000.

Mahoney and Kikau take Canterbury’s 2023 roster to a total of 21 players — plus Jack Hetherington and Jeremy Marshall-King have options in their contracts for 2023. That leaves nine spots to fill (if Hetherington and Marshall-King are not retrained) with not a lot of cash to spend.
I can smell a fire sale!

Someone2

Juniors
Lololol. LOLOLOLOL.
Yeah, for sure Mahoney is over-rated. Those stupid head doggies are digging in the Parra reject bin with their poo-poo head mates the WT.
If you look at his 2021 games closely, he misses at least one tackle per game. Parra don't tolerate such misgivings in their top tier systems, and those idiots at the dogs have paid WAY overs for him.
Parra don't do stupid things like that.
They offer realistic money and the attraction to play at a club that hasn't been able to spell GF for 35 years.
Reed is over-rated, he is not the type of player that Parra want.
And besides, the Parra production line of optimum junior talent will surely have 2 or 3 Mahoney's, at least 4 IP's and a few Niukora's as well . . . all ready to play top flight league next year.
That's the Parra way.
Put it another way . . . . of their big "stars", the 2 most loyal are Moses and Flatterson. Think about it.
And slightly off topic . . . . those bozo's on the Parra forum are convincing themselves that Stefano is coming back to them. Dear God NO.

people talk about when players leave the storm system that they suck but who was the last player to leave Parra and excel and make rep teams and stuff . Players fail more outta the eels system than they do when they leave Melbourne.

only player in the last decade I was upset at losing and who played well at another club was Paulo but he just went got he’s big payday for a couple of years than came back to parra for unders

same thing is happening with Stefano tigers offered 300k a year before he made his debut the club told he wouldn’t be a regular in the eels side for at least 2yrs so go get a big payday now and we’ll bring you back in a couple of years on the cheap when we we are on the verge of a premiership . there is talk we might swap IP for him

i just had a look the last player that played FG with Eels and than left and won a premiership at another club was Mortimer in 2013.
Players only leave the club for the huge cash offers they rarely find success once leaving us

Last edited:

simmo05

Bench
people talk about when players leave the storm system that they suck but who was the last player to leave Parra and excel and make rep teams and stuff . Players fail more outta the eels system than they do when they leave Melbourne.

only player in the last decade I was upset at losing and who played well at another club was Paulo but he just went got he’s big payday for a couple of years than came back to parra for unders

same thing is happening with Stefano tigers offered 300k a year before he made his debut the club told he wouldn’t be a regular in the eels side for at least 2yrs so go get a big payday now and we’ll bring you back in a couple of years on the cheap when we we are on the verge of a premiership . there is talk we might swap IP for him

i just had a look the last player that played FG with Eels and than left and won a premiership at another club was Mortimer in 2013.
Players only leave the club for the huge cash offers they rarely find success once leaving us
So Mortimer must be the most successful Parramatta player since the 80s!

JB04

Juniors

They also rarely find success playing for Parra, too

Tigerm

First Grade

Eels haven't found success for nearly 40 years?

WA Tiger

Bench

Smith can only be unhappy at the storm to come out with that shit…

did he say Easts will pay me what they can at the start of the contract and they will pay me the rest when they can… maybe he’s just dumb

Last edited:

The Rosco

Bench

Generally speaking, storms players are good, and Parra's are not so good.
Parra players fail because they are 5 steps down the ladder compared to storms players.
Oh, and sorry to burst your LOOOOONG running desire to win a premiership, but youse have next year ( when your best players will just be turning up for the pay, and really thinking about the great new clubs they will be at in '23 ), and then its desert and tumbleweeds for you.
And lastly, players that come to your club for the huge cash offers rarely find success once joining you. 35 years ago, things were different of course.

Choiboi

Juniors
Looks like we signed a winger/centre from the ... Brumbies

Tupou will join the NRL squad on a deal that will see him wear Wests Tigers colours until at least the end of the 2024 NRL season.

A New South Wales U/16’s and U/18’s representative player, the 19-year-old played SG Ball for the Canberra Raiders before linking up with rugby union outfit, the Brumbies, for the past year, which also saw him selected for the Junior Wallabies in 2021.

tigre

Juniors
Looks like we signed a winger/centre from the ... Brumbies

Tupou will join the NRL squad on a deal that will see him wear Wests Tigers colours until at least the end of the 2024 NRL season.

A New South Wales U/16’s and U/18’s representative player, the 19-year-old played SG Ball for the Canberra Raiders before linking up with rugby union outfit, the Brumbies, for the past year, which also saw him selected for the Junior Wallabies in 2021.

Interesting. Straight into the top 30

Latest posts