What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Speedy Gonzales

Juniors
Big yes to Cotric, but hopefully we get Raiders Cotric and not the Bulldogs version

although our spine is garbage it’s still marginally better than the dogs so I think he can be utilised better here

Shredder

Juniors
I walked past Skando and Pasco at Barangaroo this morning. Both suited up.

Wonder what they were doing?

Vic Mackey

Referee
Signing Cotric would be a major win. The guy was playing for NSW and Australia 2 years ago and is still only 23. He had a down year at the Dogs but who didnt in that side, not a lot a centre/winger can do when the forwards are getting belted and spine is nsw cup standard. Corey Allen went from being fullback for an origin winning side to not wanted by the wooden spooners within 12 months,

Watching him I dont think he ever wanted to go there, however the money was too good to pass up. He is good mates with Doueihi and Twal so would instantly be happy here. I'm all for him coming as a center, he played most of his juniors there including all the jnr rep levels. He was only named at centre for the Dogs 4 times but still played on the wing for a couple of them.

1. Laurie
2. Maulmalo
3. Gildart
4. Cotric
5. Nofoaluma
6. Doeuihi
7. Brooks/Hastings

Would be the best backline we've had in 10 years

Mario chalmers

Juniors
Brent Read says cowboys have already offered a player to the Tigers but WT have rejected it.
Two of the players rumoured to be part of the player Swap are Luki and Nanai

Watch the first 10 mins after half time to get an idea around their talents. Luki much more size about him and the preferred option in my view. Nanai good ball playing but not anywhere near as big

simmo05

Bench

Watch the first 10 mins after half time to get an idea around their talents. Luki much more size about him and the preferred option in my view. Nanai good ball playing but not anywhere near as big
Either of those would be a good get. The cowgirls must have shit for brains

Fordy20

Juniors

I’m glad we’re looking at these blokes instead of cast offs like Hodgson and Tamou

gordsy

Juniors
Cotric would be good but i still say Laurie is too small for fullback. If we could ditch Ken Marmalade for someone who was consistent we'd be better for it too.

Hoofhearted

Juniors

Sport Confidential: Wests Tigers ramp up bid to snare Api Koroisau​

Panthers hooker Api Koroisau is edging closer to deciding his NRL future after a rival club ramped up its bid to lure the Origin representative away from the premiers.

Michael Carayannis, Brent Read and Jamie Pandaram

11 min read
December 2, 2021 - 7:45PM
News Corp Australia Sports Newsroom

Api Koroisau is close to making a call on his future after Wests Tigers formally entered the race for his services by tabling a three-year deal for the NSW representative.
It is understood Koroisau could be only days away from deciding where he will play in 2023. The Tigers have made their intentions clear, having shifted their focus from Canberra veteran Josh Hodgson after they were unable to strike a deal with the Raiders over the Englishman.

The Dolphins are also keeping a close watch on Koroisau but are weighing up whether to make him a long-term offer as they gauge other potential options.
Among them is Harry Grant, the Storm and Queensland rake who is not off-contract until the end of 2023 after Melbourne took up an option in their favour.
Api Koroisau is close to making a call on his future. Picture: Robb Cox/NRL Photos

Api Koroisau is close to making a call on his future. Picture: Robb Cox/NRL Photos

Waiting for Grant would mean the Dolphins signing a stopgap for one year. It would be worth it if the Dolphins and their brain’s trust of Wayne Bennett and Peter O’Sullivan can find a way to convince Grant to return to Queensland.
The Tigers and Raiders are also racing to sign Bulldogs outside back Nick Cotric. Canberra remain the front-runners for Cotric, who would return to the club after a one-year absence.
Koroisau has become the most prized hooker on the open market following Reed Mahoney’s decision to join Canterbury and Brandon Smith’s agreement with the Sydney Roosters.
The Panthers are struggling with their salary cap and the Tigers, having initially talked to Canberra about securing an early release for Hodgson, are believed to have improved their deal for Koroisau to include an extra year this week.
They should know soon enough whether it is enough to secure the classy No.9, a move that could likely mean their incumbent rake Jacob Liddle is on the lookout for a new club.

hsvjones123

Juniors
Cotric would be good but i still say Laurie is too small for fullback. If we could ditch Ken Marmalade for someone who was consistent we'd be better for it too.
I think Ken is great player and knows how to finish a try. He makes great metres from the back as well.
For me he seems like a quite guy that needs to know people to come out of his shell and I thought he started doing that near the end of the year.. He is a Rock for us on the wing and would rather him over Nofo.

Vic Mackey

Referee

Sport Confidential: Wests Tigers ramp up bid to snare Api Koroisau​

Panthers hooker Api Koroisau is edging closer to deciding his NRL future after a rival club ramped up its bid to lure the Origin representative away from the premiers.

Michael Carayannis, Brent Read and Jamie Pandaram

11 min read
December 2, 2021 - 7:45PM
News Corp Australia Sports Newsroom

Api Koroisau is close to making a call on his future after Wests Tigers formally entered the race for his services by tabling a three-year deal for the NSW representative.
It is understood Koroisau could be only days away from deciding where he will play in 2023. The Tigers have made their intentions clear, having shifted their focus from Canberra veteran Josh Hodgson after they were unable to strike a deal with the Raiders over the Englishman.

The Dolphins are also keeping a close watch on Koroisau but are weighing up whether to make him a long-term offer as they gauge other potential options.
Among them is Harry Grant, the Storm and Queensland rake who is not off-contract until the end of 2023 after Melbourne took up an option in their favour.

Waiting for Grant would mean the Dolphins signing a stopgap for one year. It would be worth it if the Dolphins and their brain’s trust of Wayne Bennett and Peter O’Sullivan can find a way to convince Grant to return to Queensland.
The Tigers and Raiders are also racing to sign Bulldogs outside back Nick Cotric. Canberra remain the front-runners for Cotric, who would return to the club after a one-year absence.
Koroisau has become the most prized hooker on the open market following Reed Mahoney’s decision to join Canterbury and Brandon Smith’s agreement with the Sydney Roosters.
The Panthers are struggling with their salary cap and the Tigers, having initially talked to Canberra about securing an early release for Hodgson, are believed to have improved their deal for Koroisau to include an extra year this week.
They should know soon enough whether it is enough to secure the classy No.9, a move that could likely mean their incumbent rake Jacob Liddle is on the lookout for a new club.

Id only like it if it’s for 2022, which I’d imagine they would be trying to do. Swap with Penrith for Lids maybe?

WA Tiger

Bench
“are believed to have improved their deal for Koroisau to include an extra year this week”
Well well flexibility.. that’s novel. Finally they are going after the right 9.. Apparently we didn’t even have an offer for K before sheens return

Vic Mackey

Referee
“are believed to have improved their deal for Koroisau to include an extra year this week”
Well well flexibility.. that’s novel. Finally they are going after the right 9.. Apparently we didn’t even have an offer for K before sheens return

Api's a great little player but wont start with us til he is 30 and will be a month off 34 when this deal expires, seems werid, plus whoever is 9 in 2022 will know they likley wont be there next year.

BrotherJim05

Bench
Korosau would be epic for us. Penrith didn't really hit their stride until he arrived and completely sped up their attack. Even if we don't get him until he's 30 his experience and leadership will be extremely valuable to our young side. He also won a premiership with Madge so he knows exactly what he is in for. By the time he starts getting past it, Simpkin will be pushing for a starting spot so it may work really well.

Cotric and Korosau would be enormous for us. Hope it happens. Thompson would be nice to have but not as necessary as the former

Tigerm

First Grade
If we could get API and Cotric I may just finally believe again … *sigh* why does this stupid club do this to me every pre season

I’m not too worried about Thompson I think he’s average
All three would be better imo. Bearing in mind this is Tamou's last season?

Latest posts