What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Good news on Api, 2 years is the perfect length, unless Penrith agree to a swap for '22. Hold onto Simpkin & see if the 'riff are willing to entertain a Liddle swap.

Like with Mom in 21. It will have to be of huge benefit to Penrith. Simpkins and Blore would be ideal.

I think Api remains unvaccinated too.

Mr_Raditch

Juniors
Hopefully whoever took the call laughed down the phone when they said they wanted Stefano. It defies logic that we would release our brightest prospect to sign a bloke that wouldn't even have a meeting with us, only to have him here for 1 year.

Last edited:

BrotherJim05

Bench
f**king amazing news re Api. Even if he isn't in as good form as 2020-2021 he will be enormous for us. If we can get him for next year then I honestly am starting to believe again.

I have a weird feeling Liddle will be released to Penrith in exchange for Api a year early. Pretty sure Ivan was a big fan of Liddle so Penrith might want him early to mould him into the hooker they need.

The Cotric and Thompson rumours are sounding pretty legit. If this is also for 2022 then we are looking very good indeed.

Speedy Gonzales

Juniors
Hopefully whoever took the call laughed down the phone when they said they wanted Stefano. It defies logic that we would release our brightest prospect to sign a bloke that wouldn;t even have a meeting with us, only to have him hear for 1 year.
Seems obvious Stefano will be quite the wanted man by the time he is off contract, hopefully it doesn’t get to that stage and we have him locked up here way before that happens

Mr_Raditch

Juniors
Like with Mom in 21. It will have to be of huge benefit to Penrith. Simpkins and Blore would be ideal.

I think Api remains unvaccinated too.
I would possibly entertain the idea of loaning Simpkin for 1 year in order to gain some experience in first grade. Exactly the way Storm loaned Grant to us. However it would only be for '22 & he'd be back in Tigers colours for '23.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
I would possibly entertain the idea of loaning Simpkin for 1 year in order to gain some experience in first grade. Exactly the way Storm loaned Grant to us. However it would only be for '22 & he'd be back in Tigers colours for '23.

Maybe. Penrith might go for that. We have a young kid called Riley Smith who has good wraps on him.

Would give him an extra 12 months.

Mr_Raditch

Juniors
Maybe. Penrith might go for that. We have a young kid called Riley Smith who has good wraps on him.

I don't think it will happen, the best route for Simpkin I.M.O. is a season in reserves gaining experience with the occasional first grade cameo. Unfortunately like a lot of young fellas the cancellation of reserve grade comps due to Covid has set his development back.

BrotherJim05

Bench
Potential 2023 team:

1. Laurie
2. Nofoaluma
3. Gidart or Talau
4. Cotric
5. Maumalo
6. Douihi
7. Brooks or Hastings
8. Utoikamanu
9. Koroisau
10. Twal
11. Papali'i
12. Blore
13. Thompson

14. Ofahengaue
15. Musgrove/Mikale
16. Peachy
17. Seyfarth/Simpkin(s)/Nanai*

Kilkenny

Coach
I truly hope Api is great for you guys. I really do. I don’t see it, but I hope he works out well. It just seems to me another signing of a player looking for his last big pay day at the back end of his career when his best days are behind him. You won’t see the best of ApI, decent player, but we saw his best which was good but seriously given his age his best is behind him. I’m happy for him but I’m also happy we have moved in from him. 2023 we have cap space, kids coming thru and we will be much better off than having an ageing dummy half more interested in his last big pay cheque.

Not good business by your club in my opinion.

WA Tiger

Bench
I truly hope Api is great for you guys. I really do. I don’t see it, but I hope he works out well. It just seems to me another signing of a player looking for his last big pay day at the back end of his career when his best days are behind him. You won’t see the best of ApI, decent player, but we saw his best which was good but seriously given his age his best is behind him. I’m happy for him but I’m also happy we have moved in from him. 2023 we have cap space, kids coming thru and we will be much better off than having an ageing dummy half more interested in his last big pay cheque.

You on the plonk again? He’s still a boy. We’re not looking for 5 years out of him. Just two and maybe more.
I see lots of speculation and guessing from you with zero hard evidence - and your repeating yourself. And sounding like theres concern your having your eyes picked out? That’s understandable. I’m feeling even better about K now. I really am.

Last edited:

Tigerm

First Grade

If it's brown, soft and smell awful......it's usually shit.

You are having a problem with your success, losing a few players, we can only dream of getting into that arena (and we will), just hope we don't come on your forum throwing it around?

All very interesting, perhaps the young guys at the Tigers see that there’s now potential at the Tigers.

Does Blore want to go back to Penrith?
Does Simpkin want to go just to play behind Mitch Kenny and battle it out with Riley Smith?

Speedy Gonzales

Juniors

At worst he will be a good stepping stone for Simpkin who i assume the club has plans to be our long term #9. For a club in your position it probably wouldn’t be a big deal but we’ve been screaming out for class in a key position for some time

Also remembering it’s a 2 year deal with a 3rd year club option. By the time he reaches the 3rd year he will be 32/33 …hardly a worry

Only your best friends are brave enough to tell you the truth Killer.

My brother in ugg, I think you need to give up on the smug.

Too long in the bedroom with lights off and the door closed watching the 2021 grand final is not a healthy lifestyle.

Everything in the moderation.

Jealousy is a curse.

It’s the end of days for all things smug, the Panthers are no longer a destination club under Ivans evil reign.

Last edited:

Latest posts