What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

The Rosco

Bench
Yeah looks like we getting hodgson, T.Sims and Taupau I’ll take those 3 over the players we losing everyday of the week.

I was getting worried about our recruitment but sign those 3players and re-sign Paulo and we will be a better team team in 2023 than 2022
The rhyno effect: Telling yourself that the good players your team lost are all of a sudden shit, and their old hack replacements are much better players.

super_coach

First Grade
I agree. But only if we have the unrestrained - cutting players off (communication wise) if they have a bad game, not really talking with players that need something from the coach unless the cameras are on them, probably dismissive of suggestions from assistant coaches about trying something new, tunnel vision with a train coming in the opposite direction, Madge.

Madge knows he’s being watched and it’s going to be tough for him, not being able to turn to the easy ways of dealing with problems and problem players etc He’s going to have to for the first time think about how that affects the team. Because that’s what sheens is looking at.

Unlike what air brushing Tamau says, next season will be far from plain sailing for Madge. Esp with two “won’t back down” Sheens and Madge Tigers going head to head when the shit hits the fan. What I’m sure of is there won’t be more of the same. To what degree?

If nothing else the players are going to be a little more relaxed with sheens around, keeping an eye on Madge
Unless the team are diabolical in 2022 Madge will be safe. Sheens and the board know the present roster is way short of a top eight squad. They want to see improvement and effort. Not that you can believe a word you read or hear, but there seems to be a good vibe around the squad and that’s promising.
Personally I can’t see them finishing above 15th, but if they can at least compete and stop the blow outs I will be happy

Tiger05

First Grade
Unless the team are diabolical in 2022 Madge will be safe. Sheens and the board know the present roster is way short of a top eight squad. They want to see improvement and effort. Not that you can believe a word you read or hear, but there seems to be a good vibe around the squad and that’s promising.
Personally I can’t see them finishing above 15th, but if they can at least compete and stop the blow outs I will be happy

The problem is the blow outs and bad results happen because the squad isn't good enough. The blow outs are part of the game.

I wonder if Madge is safe this year. Personally I wouldn't sack him. If we have 2 more years of poor results he doesn't get his contract renewed.

We may outperform this year but I think anything above 15th is going to be a good result.

WA Tiger

Bench
is that for a retirement village or a footy team? I think this might be your all time best Rhyno….

Don’t do meth kids
I think Rhyno’s off the meth now ..he’s now able to string multiple paragraphs together which lets face it, is commendable for a recovering addict. He just needs to lift the interest value and he’ll be good to go.

Last edited:

WA Tiger

Bench
I’m pretty sure the defence has been so week because the message has been lost in translation. You don’t have to be a gun league player to be part of a good defensive unit….. you just have to know what to do and when to do it as a unit .. I think Cayless will get that message trough to the players in a relaxed manner, and have them feeling confident with it… With the flow on effect, that can cut 4-5 spots off the ladder for starters without any improvement in roster.

But with Peachy and Hastings we have a couple of potential weapons in very key positions.

Also low confidence within in a team can spread like wildfire. Esp if the teams losing..It takes more than “What does it mean to you, to be a WT” to fix that. I think that will be addressed this year, and will bear fruit

Last edited:

Magpies Forever

Juniors
Suspect a lot will ride on Tamou's use. His captaincy and leadership was hopeless last season, he just wasn't on the field long enough. If he is still bit part leadership we are toast

philgood

Juniors
Yeah looks like we getting hodgson, T.Sims and Taupau I’ll take those 3 over the players we losing everyday of the week.

I was getting worried about our recruitment but sign those 3players and re-sign Paulo and we will be a better team team in 2023 than 2022
Lol

Shredder

Juniors
My take.

Sheens is talking a lot about 2023. I reckon Madge gets a pass for next year, but will be expected to push for / make the finals in 2023.

On our young hookers, Simpkin is the one we want. We would be happy to off Liddle for a player swap.

Would love Bird here to play center.

Vozzy

Juniors
I read on other forum Herbie Farnworth may have been spoken to. As bad as our centres were last year I don't think everyone would walk into our side like other forum suggests. Herbie to me would be like Talau. Have a blinder every 4 games followed by rubbish. It would be same same to me. Guys like Cotric went to shit clubs and made no impact. If we are being fair dinkum we just need forwards who can tackle and win the ruck so our backs are not caught short and on back foot.

Big Jim is more than just a player, he’s an icon.

Deserves the benefit of the doubt. Seems to play better with more determined players.

What’s left of the 2021 squad needs a good proper revving up. Some of the meek surrenders were atrocious. Who didn’t suffer psychologically in some way? It was hard going.

His shortcomings are everyone’s else’s.

6153EB19-23EE-45A9-906A-E598B2D8F983.jpeg

How many of our players had a red hot go every time they played last season- 2 or 3?

How many played near optimum? Maybe less than that.

Next year and beyond falls fairly and squarely on the coaching staff.

No really one cares about losing if everyone is having a go. No point signing a few marquee if the preparation of factory is producing garbage.

I hear the throttle has eased off a bit at training so far. Makes sense given last years pre season which was a much lauded but abject failure.

Tim has said “ more ball in hand” thank goodness for that.

And as a few of us guessed, he’s taken complete command. He criticised the tales program too. Said it distracted us.

According to bj, their mum isn’t well, so might be fair to cut Lucy a bit of slack next season.

Last edited:
They all got offered nearly double what parra were prepared to offer .
papa especially had one good season and than took the first huge offer he got now he can go back to pigging out on maccas and dogging it at training
I seen a training photo of him the other day already looks like he has put a gut on
BA should make an example of him and put him on lawn mower duty all year and play him in reserve grade unless we have a huge injury list. we saved he’s career and turned him from a no body to second rower of the year and this is how grateful he is.

Papa and LL are a like for like replacement papa might even be a downgrade
Saltiest post of the Year

Latest posts