What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

If Harto was dismissed without a cogent reason, we need some answers.

Not everyone can find a Stef or a Laurie wallowing in the filth of other teams excess junior cesspools.

Hastings was a complete success.

Ken is competent. Once again, on $2.50.

We can’t sign a Paps and Api unless we have good players getting financially castrated.

stryker

First Grade
You want to be treated like a mushroom that’s fine.
Mate I’ll give you the tip…Wests Tigers as a football club is an embarrassing pile of dogshit. Our top 30 is f**ken garbage and they will get spanked a fair bit this year.
The only reason I follow them anymore is because I love Rugby League and find it too hard to watch without being invested in one of the teams.

stryker

First Grade

Not everyone can find a Stef or a Laurie wallowing in the filth of other teams excess junior cesspools.

We can’t sign a Paps and Api unless we have good players getting financially castrated.

“Harto” was a fat f**ken lesbian looking wanker.
Glad he is gone, no matter what the reason.

Mate I’ll give you the tip…Wests Tigers as a football club is an embarrassing pile of dogshit. Our top 30 is f**ken garbage and they will get spanked a fair bit this year.
The only reason I follow them anymore is because I love Rugby League and find it too hard to watch without being invested in one of the teams.

Yes, you do seem to lack a certain empathy with me that’s for sure.

I take your broader point that what is done is done, well made even, but further evidence of stupidity is required to secure the change we need.

Lee can tell his dog how great he is, because no human could believe it. That’s my honest opinion.

I’m less critical of Pascoe. I just see him as on all fours before the board. The yes man of the nrl. We deserve him. He doesn’t appoint himself.

At any rate, Tim is back. That raises my expectations on many levels.

He’s great.

Last edited:

Fordy20

Juniors
This hits close to home. I've stopped having expectations of the team or believing we can be competitive, no matter how much it may look like we are on track to get there. At this point, following this club is habit more than anything else.

First promos shots from nine coming through for 2022
2462CF41-1A31-4BF3-B11C-F1DD6526D81A.jpeg

As I understand his recruitment, we put months of high energy and effort in bringing him back to Australia. Hard to recall another player we fought so hard for.

The media will sell you a big redemption story, last chance nonsense, but Jackson is hot property in the uk and more than a few nrl clubs would love his services.

He’s poised to relieve us of the Brooks issue and if Brooks fires, his services will add significant threat to the backline.

This guy loves the rough and tumble. It’s been awhile since we’ve had true grunt in the line.

The “excuse me, may I tackle you?” era of the backline as promoted by the nrl does not apply to Jackson.

It’s going to be fascinating to watch the two worlds collide and I’m very excited we have him and look forward to cheering him on.

Last edited:

BrotherJim05

Bench
Majority of people who are hyped don't live up to it. I'd rather we assume Hastings will be a flop and he proves us all wrong. Having Doueihi injured has its silver lining in that he will get a good crack at playing in the halves. Will be interesting to see who is better --- Brooks or Hastings.

macnaz

Staff member

Who was Hartigan replaced by ?

WA Tiger

Bench
Last edited:

So it was Tim commending that his mate is installed to recruitment and poor Harto is taken out the back and shot in the barn.

Tim wielding significant influence installing a friend into a paid position of considerable power in his own right.

Whether that is of clear benefit remains to be seen, procedurally, it’s a bit dark.

Certainly fits into the model of the surrender of power to Tim.

Last edited:

WA Tiger

Bench
Imagine a 3 way conversation about recruitment between anyone, how difficult it would be to agree..as it was with Madge Hartigan and Pascoe probably light years apart in values, temperaments, maybe league knowledge and lots more, trying to choose who to and not to recruit. They said Hartigan had the final say but he could have had pressure applied by Madge & Pascoe?

With these two, Sheens and McDonnell, having a mutual understanding and respect for each other, and who probably just click…and that has obviously worked in the past can only be a good thing. And being a couple of good old boys that have seen all there is to see, can’t hurt either

Last edited:

Tigerm

First Grade
Apparently Reece Hoffman is off to the Dogs.

Reece Hoffman to depart Wests Tigers​

AuthorWests TigersTimestampFri 28 Jan 2022, 10:00 AM

Share on social media​

Wests Tigers have today confirmed that Reece Hoffman has been released from the final year of his playing contract.
Hoffman joined the club in 2020 and became Wests Tigers Player #234 that season when he made his NRL debut against the South Sydney Rabbitohs.
Hoffman has been granted an immediate release from the final year of his contract to take up a deal with another NRL club.

Wests Tigers CEO Justin Pascoe thanked Reece for his commitment to the club him all the best for the future.
“On behalf of all at Wests Tigers, I’d like to thank Reece for his efforts since joining the club in 2020,” Pascoe said.
“Reece is a great young man, and we wish him all the best in the next steps of his career.”