What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Plus @stryker you had a free crack at @Kilkenny.

Killer is one the better Panther fans out there.

One of a few I have earmarked for WT fan ship on the basis of higher IQ, good common sense and amicability.

He seems to be understanding that Clearyism is a phase. That underneath the smug, is an inhumanity, perversion and delinquency wholly unknown to the game.

I call upon fellow wt forum friends to embark on the “night of a 1000 likes” and bump Killer up to top dog poster at Panthers LU.

That will assist his application for moderator and hence we can liberate their forum from the evil, vile and wretched pro Cleary forces besieging it.

Once LU has spoken, the Panthers will shake and shudder.

Last edited:

Tigerm

First Grade
Plus @stryker you had a free crack at @Kilkenny.

Killer is one the better Panther fans out there.

One of a few I have earmarked for WT fan ship on the basis of higher IQ, good common sense and amicability.

He seems to be understanding that Clearyism is a phase. That underneath the smug, is an inhumanity, perversion and delinquency wholly unknown to the game.

I call upon fellow wt forum friends to embark on the “night of a 1000 likes” and bump Killer up to top dog poster at Panthers LU.

That will assist his application for moderator and hence we can liberate their forum from the evil, vile and wretched pro Cleary forces besieging it.

Once LU has spoken, the Panthers will shake and shudder.
You shouldn’t drink or do drugs before posting 😂 😂 😂

Tigerm

First Grade
It’s a bit premature to hate on Madge until you get his side of the tragedy that has accompanied his tenure to date.

At any rate, he’s no longer in command.

Accordingly, immediate concerns about “same old” cannot be applied.

Whatever it holds, 2022 is a new day.
”He’s no longer in command” of what?

Last edited:
When we crack fortress Panthera, once we have captured their Mods, we can trust @Kilkenny to run their forum and be swift to eliminate any anti-tigers and support of sex offenders sentiment.

I don’t want any Panther mods harmed. They go ok.

Put @murraymob in charge of pro-tigers propaganda. Loudspeakers on the streets encouraging them to buy tigers memberships.

If we show the population we are reasonable, resistance will fall away.

A tactic used by the Allies in the latter stages of WW2 which is why the Germans spent most of their resources fighting the soviets.

Last edited:

Wizardman

First Grade
Im a very long time follower of this club. I don't think any of us here could be accused of being fair weather supporters.....nothing to fair weather support about. But, Im pretty much where Stryker is regarding this club.
I've supported this club through some pretty low times....but kept turning up in staunch support through watching, buying merchandise etc.
Last year was the year it finally (as in since 1988) wore really thin.Since the pay-tv era, I have never watched the tigers less in a season than last year. Im pretty pissed with this club not looking like moving forward for over a decade now. They have to work a bit for my support now. Im not spending any coin on them until they somewhat look like they are on the improvement trail.
Im not even asking them to make the 8 this year....I just want to see improvement in the squad and some of the young ones develop.

Wizardman

First Grade
Under his tenure, our attack is dogshit and our defence embarrassing.
Yet he gets on that gay doco and says shit is getting better.
Whatever dickhead….
The first ten weeks or so in Madge's second year at the club is probably the best we have defended in a regular season in our merged club history. Other than that, we have defended like dogshit. Our attack has NEVER been right under Madge. Funny enough, our attack was probably worse with Ivan.

You shouldn’t drink or do drugs before posting 😂 😂 😂

You underestimate the potential influence of the forum on the affairs of the game.

Our forum leadership goes out of its way to stay impartial and moderate.

If they were to run editorials and campaigns, many thousands of people would accept their propositions because the trust factor is extremely high.

That sort of situation never end well for the coach,

A coach in name only -to an extent, Tim and co are running riot on many fronts.

The club realised Madge wasn’t up to managing the assignment on his own this time last year and the feelers went out to Tim. They were right.

Madge has been less active in the legacy media

But for me, the proof is whether or not he amends his “where the rubber hits the road” coaching effort.

The major problems I have with Madge:

a. Deep seated angst, division and Ill feeling amongst players
b. The horror of the storm belting
c. Excuses made when the dogs thumped us
d. His promises of growth and improvement that never eventuated
e. Too many second chances to established players and not enough injection of residual talent.
f. Assistant coaches should have been sacked mid way through last year.
g. Ordinary preparation, lack of mental application in the group
h. Other reasons.

But I temper these criticisms by the knowledge that I don’t have his side and I could be quite wrong. I’m happy to put submissions out here, but like everyone else, i only have a partial insight into the whole.

I’m just interpreting what I see and understand.

The buck stops with Board anyway. They need to pick up and collect the shattered pieces. They are doing things, but we don’t quite know if they’ve made the right call. Preferably with Madge at his best because he is a very good man. His integrity is without question. He works hard. But it’s not Madge at any cost.

Just my own take on it.

Last edited:

Tigerm

First Grade
Coaching.
You’re dreaming on this one, what you are saying then, he is being paid (a reputed) $800k a year for the next 2 years and he has No responsibility?

Edit: i do agree, it’s all about results and if someone better was available they would/should look at them, but there wasn’t and besides, I personally think the players were more the on field issue than Madge?

But your proposal is not happening, even Tim has said so.

Last edited:

Tigerm

First Grade
You underestimate the potential influence of the forum on the affairs of the game.

If they were to run editorials and campaigns, many thousands of people would accept their propositions because the trust factor is extremely high.
Sorry, but you don’t know any of this stuff, you’re just have a stab in the dark?

You’re dreaming on this one, what you are saying then, he is being paid (a reputed) $800k a year for the next 2 years and he has No responsibility?

Not happening, even Tim has said so.

Tim and the club can say what they want and if people believe it then it’s up to them.

Madge gets the dregs of what Tim and co don’t want to do.

They didn’t drag Tim half way around the world to take orders from Madge.

As for LU, if the bosses ever feel the need to make a serious statement about an issue, a lot of people would listen.

I have no idea what they might find important enough to issue an editorial or official opinion about but people would be very interested.

It may be in relation to having to expand the income base and subscriptions.

Tigerm

First Grade
Tim and the club can say what they want and if people believe it then it’s up to them.

Madge gets the dregs of what Tim and co don’t want to do.

They didn’t drag Tim half way around the world to take orders from Madge.

As for LU, if the bosses ever feel the need to make a serious statement about an issue, a lot of people would listen.

I have no idea what they might find important enough to issue an editorial or official opinion about but people would be very interested.

It may be in relation to having to expand the income base and subscriptions.
Tim is Madge’ boss, he doesn’t take orders from Madge, he has said Madge is the coach of the team, one of Tim’s roles is to fix recruitment (with WM) so as to help Madge, not take over? Besides, he wouldn’t have the time or the current experience to handle the current game, imo.

The other forum, make there money through advertising, this place seems to do the same? I can’t see subscriptions working at all, as some people are minor users and some are major who pays what? (If they charged by the word, you’d be broke 😂)

Tim is Madge’ boss, he doesn’t take orders from Madge, he has said Madge is the coach of the team, one of Tim’s roles is to fix recruitment (with WM) so as to help Madge, not take over? Besides, he wouldn’t have the time or the current experience to handle the current game, imo.

The other forum, make there money through advertising, this place seems to do the same? I can’t see subscriptions working at all, as some people are minor users and some are major who pays what? (If they charged by the word, you’d be broke 😂)

Madge gets the dregs of whatever Tim doesn’t want to do. Thus Tim sent Madge’s assistants packing against Madge’s wishes.

It doesn’t matter who does exactly what, it’s results we are after. That is Lee’s policy. Very broad minded. He would back Tim over Madge.

stryker

First Grade

Who are you referring to?

Vozzy

Juniors
The frustrating thing about the defense is it's not due to missed tackles it's usually due to poor reads on the goal line outside. Someone like Nofo when he does tackle someone he nails them and also Luke Brooks has a good technique for a half back. I think our poor defense starts with the starting forward pack getting strolled down the middle in the opening 10min with poor contact which by the 4th/5th tackle cause the wingers having to rush because 3/4 forwards are needed to complete a tackle.