What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

YOUNG GUN’S DOLPHINS AUDITION

Jock Madden’s manager dropped a big hint to the Dolphins this week and the young halfback helped his cause with an impressive performance at five-eighth on Friday night.

Madden was called into the Tigers’ 17 to replace the injured Luke Brooks and made sure he grabbed the opportunity with both hands.

The 22-year-old, who comes off contract at the end of the season, scored of a chip-and-chase play to ultimately seal the win for his side.

“Cooper Cronk was his hero… the Scone Thoroughbred has scored for the Tigers and maybe his value to a potential suitor, the Dolphins, is going up by the minute,” Fox League commentator Andrew Voss said.

“That was so, so good from Madden,” Cronk added.

“He chipped over the top and got a bounce just like Allan Langer did many years ago… this is a great play. That’s an exclamation point on a very good performance from this young man.”

Madden has made it no secret that he wants to be a starting NRL half but he is stuck behind Luke Brooks and Jackson Hastings at the Tigers.

However, coach Michael Maguire said after the game that he hopes to keep Madden at the Tigers.

“I’m sure when you perform like that a lot of people are looking at you,” he said.

“I really enjoy coaching Jock, he’s doing a really good job for us so I’m sure all that will sort itself out.

“I definitely want to keep him, he’s a good player. He’s the style of player that I like, he’s very thorough in his game.”

Tigerm

First Grade
Over on the Drags site, they are saying the strong rumour is Bird might becoming here?
It’s behind a paywall from the Telegraph, so probably crap, but most (over there) seem happy if it’s correct?

Fordy20

Juniors
Good. While I reckon Bird might have been handy to fill a hole in the backrow, our club shouldn't let itself get used in bidding wars, whether it's over price or contract length.

Shredder

Juniors
Releasing Mikaele means we are a player short of 30 for the end o June deadline. So the club must think we ar signing someone.

Is it going to be Lodge or Hetherington?

Tigerm

First Grade
I'm hearing Thompson may be on the move but his salary is a problem
Well, we are going to need someone now and into the future, so they gotta sign somebody (obviously), on the Warriors threads, they seemed to have rated Lodge, but hopefully who ever it is, they are reasonable?

Tigerm

First Grade
Strange that nothing is happening on replacing Mikaele, I mean they let him go immediately, I assumed they had someone lined up to come in?