What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Tigerm

First Grade
The trouble with the Brooks argument (in staying) is that he has been the main man for over 10 f**king years and in that time, has done SFA?
You can’t keep blaming everyone for his ineptnesses, he just doesn’t seem to have it, well not for us anyway?
IMO, it’s time we tried another option.

Tiger Ted

Bench
The trouble with the Brooks argument (in staying) is that he has been the main man for over 10 f**king years and in that time, has done SFA?
You can’t keep blaming everyone for his ineptnesses, he just doesn’t seem to have it, well not for us anyway?
IMO, it’s time we tried another option.
There’s nothing more glaring & necessary than WT & LB to be going their separate ways

Crazyperpman

Juniors
Surely if Tim has offered Brooks a contract extension it’s at a much, much lower salary?

I suspect its much lower salary and will be averaged from next year for the duration.

This would mean instead of costing a million next year it will be more in the range of 700k, which is closer to his market value.

Its attractive to the Tigers because he has been massively overpaid for the last 3 years and also Brooks because we accept mediocrity like no other club.

Phil Gould

Juniors
I suspect its much lower salary and will be averaged from next year for the duration.

This would mean instead of costing a million next year it will be more in the range of 700k, which is closer to his market value.

Its attractive to the Tigers because he has been massively overpaid for the last 3 years and also Brooks because we accept mediocrity like no other club.
What a mess

Phil Gould

Juniors
As they’ve moved on Jock, it looks like they’re keeping him. If they can work out some deal, like you mentioned, to make him a reasonable price and they don’t play him every week, regardless of performance, then it’s not too bad of a thing. I don’t think either will be the case though.

As they’ve moved on Jock, it looks like they’re keeping him. If they can work out some deal, like you mentioned, to make him a reasonable price and they don’t play him every week, regardless of performance, then it’s not too bad of a thing. I don’t think either will be the case though.
And hopefull, perhaps, certainly if he plays more NSW Cup his performances improve as does the NSW Cup team.

gordsy

Juniors
Leaking 30 odds points in finals game is not Ideal, with the Storm gone, it looks like a Panthers repeat to me.

Phil Gould

Juniors
He was actually really shit. Missed the tackle on Kennedy for a try, then 3 mins later dropped a ball with no pressure on him. If Luki wasn’t out for the season I doubt he’s even in their 17.
I haven’t payed any attention to his form since leaving. I really liked him last year, has his faults but ran with gusto, I assumed he was tanking because his brother got sacked and he wanted out ASAP.

Really ?

Knights coach Adam O’Brien has been called out for comments regarding the team’s fitness and the assertion that Luke Brooks would have dramatically changed the outcome of their season.

O’Brien used a break for Covid as an excuse for the team not being fit enough and believes the club’s failure to lure Brooks from the Tigers had a huge effect on their dismal 2022 campaign.

“Adam O’Brien saying that Luke Brooks definitely would have changed their team, I agree with him,” Braith Anasta said on NRL 360.

Anasta must surely have meant, it would have changed the Tigers.

What do the put in the water at News Corp/Foxtel?