What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

BrotherJim05

Bench
I'm sitting here trying to make up my mind on who is a better negotiator - Wests Tigers, or an inanimate carbon rod?

Say what you want about the rod, but it isn't going to come out and reveal our entire negotiation strategy to everyone. If the rod were going into a negotiation it wouldn't go "yeah we will beat any any offer, real or otherwise". It would just sit their patiently, waiting for it's moment to strike.

Pezz70

Juniors
Have you seen a photo of him, looks like hulk hogan. Is he planning a move to the forwards
He was looking like a good footballer but it’s hard to get excited about signing a fella that’s already had his dramas. Bad baggage is no good, not in so much as him being a bad kid, but the media will hound and hound him until he comes undone again, especially if he was to play for the media’s favourite whipping boys. I can’t see it being a good move. We really need a strict no ‘dickheads’ policy, we don’t need to be any players second chance club and we need to dump blokes who don’t toe the line. It’s called being professional.

A former tiger shared a personal moment with an acquaintance when he started at the club, calling it the most unprofessional outfit he had played with. Nothing changed when he left. This is our problem, and a big reason why Madge couldn’t polish a turd of a club.
( the second a.rose comment is mine too, I edited the post and couldn’t fix it)

Last edited:

Vic Mackey

Referee
Huge no to Xerri. Living in the shire and working with some kids who played sharks jnrs there’s been rumours about him being on the gear since he was 15. Hard to know if he’s actually any good or it was just the gear which gave him his speed and power. Rumoured off field issues, not worth it to us.

Munster is likely a pipe dream but I’m for us having a crack. We’d be low on the list but I don’t think it’s impossible. I doubt the storm can go any higher then $1m after wrapping up Papz, Hughes and Harry. Us and the Dolphins are the 2 you assume have the cash and would be desperate enough to go high, like $1.3m+. Dolphins not as attractive as I think everyone believes. At 28 he’s going to be signing a 4/5 year deal and would only have Bennett for one year. The destination would be the big factor.

We aren’t as unattractive as is made out. Benji WILL be a factor, he’s very well thought of by the current stars. COE will attract players, these days they all want something shiny and new they can put on Instagram. The likes of Api, Papalli, Laurie, Doeuihi, Stefano, Hastings etc are all thought of as above average players. Sheens signed Braith when he was coached so there’s some relationship there. Plus we won’t be out bid, if we went $1.5m over 5 years that would be $2.5m more then Melbourne, and I’d be all for it.

Ned Kelly

Juniors
Stefano, Musgrove and Api making up the front row, Papali'i, and Ofengaue second row, Hastings Lock. Not a bad starting forward pack.
Brooks in the halves with Doueihi. Naden and To'a centres. Ken and Nofo (who was excellant for the Storm) on the wings and Lauri full back.

The year after add Munster a quality centre a decent forward and all of the sudden we are a real chance of playing in the finals.

Ahhh, it's nice to dream.

Vic Mackey

Referee
I like Tigers having a go, but it is unlikely to happen. It not a negative about your lot; you would just need to move the Tigers to Noosa to have any sort of shot.

A 6th home ground maybe?

1. we’d be long odds, and I’m under no illusions that we’d have to outbid everyone else, however I believe we’d get a seat at the table and thats all you can ask

2. Don’t give Pascoe ideas

stryker

First Grade
We have to forget about a marquee back at the moment, it’s a waste of money.
We need more forwards. Essentially our whole pack bar Joe is depth cover. We have bought well with Api and Papa but the job remains only a third done. Need two more props and another backrower, at rep level. Then we look at a Munster type signing.

BrotherJim05

Bench
We have to forget about a marquee back at the moment, it’s a waste of money.
We need more forwards. Essentially our whole pack bar Joe is depth cover. We have bought well with Api and Papa but the job remains only a third done. Need two more props and another backrower, at rep level. Then we look at a Munster type signing.
100% agree. Lets say we did bag Munster on something ridiculous like 1.4 million...we could get an extremely good prop and 2nd rower for that kind of money. I think if Munster played behind our pack he will quickly digress in form and actually make the WT look somehow more unattractive to quality talent.

Latest posts