What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Ah memories, of the way we were !!

Noticed the NRL site showing 2 clips at the moment.

Imagine, guys playing for each other, for their jersey, for their club and for their fans.

Ned Kelly

Juniors
An excerpt from a story in the SMH

Bennett has been circling a No.1 for the Dolphins’ foundation side, and had hoped to lure Sloan to Brisbane as one of his main recruitment targets as they continue to pursue Cameron Munster for 2024.

Melbourne has previously lodged a complaint with the NRL over the Dolphins’ Munster chase, and the Dragons are considering following a similar path given Sloan cannot technically field a formal offer from a rival club until November next year.

Maybe the NRL can prevent the Dolphins talking to Munster for 2 years.
The NRL will probably do bugger all seeing they are the Dolphins not the Tigers but I keep dreaming.

Vic Mackey

Referee

New two-year deal for local junior​

Good kid, I would have preferred if next year was still development but happy we’ve locked a promising local up. He’s small, way too small to get near NRL atm but he’s tough. Has played all the Jnr rep teams growing up and this year got picked for nsw U19s after missing the first 10 games of the year.

Right edge forward who runs a terrific line, despite being small even at Flegg level he’s a great defender.

Hopefully after a full pre season he can add some size, put in a good start to the year in nsw cup and push for first grade in the second half of 2023.

Tigerm

First Grade

Das Hassler

Bench

What a sad story, but a great ending? You just never know?

For sure...late 90's he'd come into an old rough n tumble pub and sit at the pokie in the corner by himself...I.never knew who he was untill an old ex wests mate asked me to guess...i couldnt at all...my mate knew the RL underbelly quite well and told me that when Jack Gibson went to Parra the first player he insisted on having at the club was Taylor...he valued his workrate that highly. Even then the regulars at that pub were saying it was a tragedy how far he'd fallen....really glad to read of him getting his life back instead of another too early obituary

Tigerm

First Grade
For sure...late 90's he'd come into an old rough n tumble pub and sit at the pokie in the corner by himself...I.never knew who he was untill an old ex wests mate asked me to guess...i couldnt at all...my mate knew the RL underbelly quite well and told me that when Jack Gibson went to Parra the first player he insisted on having at the club was Taylor...he valued his workrate that highly. Even then the regulars at that pub were saying it was a tragedy how far he'd fallen....really glad to read of him getting his life back instead of another too early obituary
Shit, I didn’t realise it was the dreaded pokies that broke him, they nearly had me at one stage?

Latest posts