What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

What can you tell us about Charlie Staines (if he was to come over)?
Charlie has never let the Panthers down. He was a bit light-weight last year, and was bullied quite a bit bringing the ball out of our end (which is the most important role a winger plays in the Panther system). He went away and did work and is much better at it now. His issue is that Taylan May has burst in the scene, does the job as well and is cheaper.

The reason he is cheaper was that Charlie was viewed as the fullback of the future and paid more than what a reserve grade winger should be. He looks like he will develop into a very good fullback (he tears it up in NSW Cup) but with Dyl in the frame for a number of years, and some other great young kids coming through the younger grades (you will have seen Turuva for Fiji, but the true stud (according to those in the know) is Iongi) he is a luxury for us we can’t afford with To’o, Leniu, Martin and Critta all coming off contract in 2024.

Personally, I could see Charlie at the back, Laurie and Hastings in the halves and Api at hooker for the Tigers being an exciting (albeit unproven) spine.

gordsy

Juniors
I think (read hope) that Staines will be a solid reliable players for us. If we can get a string of consistently good games for him then job done. As for Klemmer and Bateman they would be a definite plus to the team.
Not sure about if Klemmer is a problem child but it seemed to turn sour when he left the dogs and now it looks like the same thing is happening at the Knights. Anyone know more about this ?

Nealo 12

Bench
More to the point, commiserations for the @Bazal, @Eelementary @Gronk @hindy111 and the eels fans here for a tough gf.

If they couldn’t do it, no one else had a chance.

They were the last hope of the league this year.

The candle is now snuffed out and we are all the worse for the misfortune of their wanting preparation.

View attachment 67045
I choose to believe, dreams can come true.
No dreams for you my friend only nightmares, as I’ve said before you can back a loser , keep up the good work 😂

axl rose

Bench
Huge if true. Would also love to sign Brown from Parra and Leniu from Penrith - his carries are out of this world. Imagine a pack/bench next year of:

8. Utoikamanu
9. Koroisau
10. Klemmer
11. Bateman
12. Papali'i
13. Brown

14. Ofahengaue
15. Pole
16. Leniu
17. Blore/Talau
Bloody hell, that merkin Kent is probably just shit stirring. More likely signing Jason Cayless to make a comeback.

Tigerm

First Grade
What about you and your Panther smuggy buddies?

@ColdWetPanther is a moof, it’s almost treason having him here. There’s never a bloody mod around when you need one.

Id prefer @Someone2.

Ivan is still a filthy lecherous degenerate lying scumbag. Panthers don’t change their spots.
Winners are grinners, losers can please themselves. (It's an oldie but a goldie.)

JB04

Juniors
I don't get how Parra let this happen though. They would have been better off paying the 4k for him. Now they pay him to do nothing. Madness.
Honestly this - how much would they have made in merchandise sales over the past 10 days? Surely in the millions. Classic Matterson though, he's like a blister - appears after the hard work is done

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Charlie Staines is a bloke who always prepared to work hard on his game. In 2021 it was noticed that he was getting 'ragged dolled' a bit in tackles.

Late in the year he worked hard on that, also on his running from the backfield. Watch Staines in 2021 and then watch what he achieved in this years grandfinal.

I don't think Charlie will let you down.

Wish we had the cap space to keep him. But sadly he probably needs to go.

Tigerm

First Grade
Huge if true. Would also love to sign Brown from Parra and Leniu from Penrith - his carries are out of this world. Imagine a pack/bench next year of:

8. Utoikamanu
9. Koroisau
10. Klemmer
11. Bateman
12. Papali'i
13. Brown

14. Ofahengaue
15. Pole
16. Leniu
17. Blore/Talau
Don’t forget the”Twal Doll”?

Das Hassler

Bench
A vote no to Brown...i believe his positive contribution has been overrated for a long time....for every step forward he takes with "effective" so called Mongrel soon enough he takes one or two back with a dumb penalty or handling error...he's been on the outer at the eels for a reason.

Latest posts