What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

simmo1

First Grade
I'm loving the departures and arrivals/potential arrivals that are happening - didn't think they'd be this active. Imagine a forward pack next year of:

8: Klemmer
9: Koroisau
10: Twal/Stefano
11: Bateman
12: Papali'i
13: Brown/Hastings

Absolutely shits over:

8: Tamou
9: Liddle
10: Musgrove
11: Tuilagi
12: Garner
13: Ofahengaue (who I'll admit was super for us)

I'm keeping Ofa at lock every day of the week over Hastings and Brown. But otherwise those are big upgrades.

gordsy

Juniors
I will say this for us, dispute having a board full of numptys things could be worse for us.
We could have Craig Young Involved with our club. What a shit stain of a human being he is.
If we sign Klemmer and Frizzel it will be like when we signed Phats, Hodgo, Richards and Prince.

The Rosco

Bench
aaand . . . here we go again.
Every year, I convince myself that my team is genuinely shit. Forget the rusted on bias that I have ingrained in me. They are shit. They won the wooden spoon, ffs !
Countless years of seeing the same sort of results finally had me at peace that I follow a shit team. All my friends kept telling me. My Mrs follows the Roosters and would drag me to games to watch a winning team. It was a nice change.
Every single off season, I would get that lil spark of enthusiasm when we signed somebody's reject, in the hope that he would perform better with us. In the blind and stupid hope, mostly.
Every single year, the enthusiasm would be rekindled with the slightest potential improvement . . . only to be extinguished by yet another year of abject failures. Year after year.
This time baby, it was different. I promised myself not to get caught up in the hype and promise of yet another re-build.
2022 made me realise that I'd had enough and finally came to terms with the shitness of my footy team. No more blind faith and gullible hope in this off season. I woke up to myself and just accepted the reality of following the Weststigers. No more stupid hopes and dreams from now on.
And now they clean out the crap from the roster.
It looks like they have Bateman and Klem. On top of Api and Papi.
You know what, Weststigers ? fkk off and leave me alone. I know what you're up to. You want me to get excited. Stop teasing me with decent signings and roster clean outs.
But it really does look like a great transformation.
Just fkk off and leave me alone.
Here we go again.

The Rosco

Bench
Im just waiting for us all to wake up with wet sheets.

Point well made earlier, Joffa always lifts with quality.

Bateman is superb.

Just need Dessie and we are in the mix.
TSP . . . I'll tell you what.
I want to make a list of fellow forumites that will come to your shed if we make the 8 next year, and we'll all get whacked on some of your shed herbage. A few beers and a BBQ. We can spin shit and crack jokes for hours. Just like 18 year olds.

I'm first on the list.

Someone2

Juniors
Where’s the loyalty to Brooksy? He has stuck solid through the years and now tigers finally get some decent players they are trying to dump him

no good signing forwards if you don’t have a half and Hastings and AD ain’t up to it won’t be much improvement with them in halves

The Rosco

Bench
Where’s the loyalty to Brooksy? He has stuck solid through the years and now tigers finally get some decent players they are trying to dump him

no good signing forwards if you don’t have a half and Hastings and AD ain’t up to it won’t be much improvement with them in halves
You've gotta admit rhyno, if these potential signings all materialise . . . it's a fairly good response to winning the wooden spoon. And you are an expert on wooden spoons.

TSP . . . I'll tell you what.
I want to make a list of fellow forumites that will come to your shed if we make the 8 next year, and we'll all get whacked on some of your shed herbage. A few beers and a BBQ. We can spin shit and crack jokes for hours. Just like 18 year olds.

I'm first on the list.

No worries.

I’ve already got @stryker -puss booked in for a couple of nights on the lounge, if he can put up with the kids and the dogs. He has to leave his guns at home though.

I accidentally bumped into big T. rex last night. He was chilled and friendly. Nice sort of bloke.

I should ring up Kenty.

Last edited:
Klemmer would just about complete our pack. Has us looking like this

1. Laurie
2. Mamalo
3. Talau
4. Naden
5. Nofa
6. AD
7. Hastings
8. Klemmer
9. Api
10. Twal
11. Papa
12. Bateman
13. Joffa

14. Brown
15. Pole
16. Stef
17. Blore

BrotherJim05

Bench
Klemmer would just about complete our pack. Has us looking like this

1. Laurie
2. Mamalo
3. Talau
4. Naden
5. Nofa
6. AD
7. Hastings
8. Klemmer
9. Api
10. Twal
11. Papa
12. Bateman
13. Joffa

14. Brown
15. Pole
16. Stef
17. Blore

This team is so much better than the best we rolled out in 2022. However, I think with the style of footy we will play, Sheens will want at least one very fast half. Wouldn't be surprised if Staines plays Fullback and Laurie moves to 5/8. Not sure what this means for Doeuihi though...

This team is so much better than the best we rolled out in 2022. However, I think with the style of footy we will play, Sheens will want at least one very fast half. Wouldn't be surprised if Staines plays Fullback and Laurie moves to 5/8. Not sure what this means for Doeuihi though...
into the centre’s for Talau I guess

This is the bloke who “in 2004, was infamously suspended for 18 weeks after a “king hit” knocked out West Tigers forward Mark O’Neill”.

Karma prick. God forgives, West Tigers don’t.

that showed up on my YouTube feed recently. Jeez it was a shocker. Buckets collected him high on the play before but still. Lucky he didn’t suffer serious injury from it considering he was completely blindsided.

Cost Melbourne a try and from memory we went up the other end and scored immediately. Made a 5k crowd at Leichhardt sound like 50k too.

simmo1

First Grade