What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Tigerm

First Grade
Another botched opportunity, unless the miracle of a Brooks second coming eventuates.

Id feel better if he did something for the club and moderated his outrageous salary.

Take a page out of the book of Cameron Murray or a Dylan Edwards, both of whom have enjoyed finals riches.

No one would have any issues with him at all if he charged what we was worth. It would be a surrender from me.

But…yet another snout.
To be fair, if they want to give him a $1m why would he say no? Imo, re the cash, it’s the club that’s the issue.

Apasai.... is there a more sneaker human in the world, he stole my heart the past three seasons, you tigers are gonna luv him
He’s smashed us senseless so many times, there’s a nice fuzzy feel about him coming over to repair the damage. Nado and Dane, Blorey.

Klemmer reunites with Starford.

Stef greets Paps.

Not many complete strangers in the squad so far.

Smuglite continues.

Last edited:
Thats my grandfathers Pokie machine partner

Chief f**kuAussie from the Solomon Islands.

He had his rep team whipped for failing to make the Rugby League Cup.

Got beaten by the Pitcairn islanders in qualifying round. Close match.

Benji coached the side and they gave him a rubber goat to be his wife.

When Bateman arrives I hope Ciraldo hits the Confessional pretty hard. Wipe that grin off his face.

Last edited:

BrotherJim05

Bench
If we couldn't offload Brooks for the right price I think it's better we hold on to him to see how it develops. If he kills it then great, he's finally reached his potential. If not, we have time to find a replacement that will effectively replace his salary and not throw out our cap.

Every team wants a premiership winning halfback but there are only 5 of those currently in the NRL...and two are close to retirement.

Tigerm

First Grade
Ben Houston

Found it a bit hard to find out much about him.

Ben Houston – Randwick​

The Wicks leader who is seemingly maturing in his role as the season progresses, Houston has been inspirational in his defensive work rate in 2022.

With 211 tackles at a success rate of 81.8% over the first fifteen rounds, Houston ranks second in the Charter Hall Shute Shield behind Easts utility Charles Elton for all key defensive statistics.

Houston’s defensive abilities have played a pivotal role in Randwick’s nail-biting victories over the Wildfires, Easts and West Harbour, while his ability to emerge in critical offensive passages has seen the backrower also notch 5 tries across the season.

Houston is steadily cementing himself as one of the form breakaways in the Shute Shield. His leadership and skill will become of paramount importance to a Wicks outfit still yet to finalise a position in the 2022 Finals series with two rounds to play.

Ned Kelly

Juniors
I really don't understand all this anger pointed at Sheens.

We finished last after years of pathetic recruitment. All the commentators could talk about was what a basket case we were with no hope of change for a very long time if ever.

We can now observe a rebuild taking place at a much faster rate than I ever dreamed of. Sheens is not looking to the glory of a Premiership in two years. He hasn't even taken it on to extend his career as coach. He has taken it on because it is what the club needed right now.

To rip into Benji before he even has the job as coach is pretty harsh.

We were in such a mess we really had to try something out of the box. Let's give it a go and see what happens.

Brooksy will be under a lot more pressure because with Api and co, there are far less excuses for playing the chumpy footy he’s dished out over the last few years at least.

He reportedly lost confidence and there was plenty of sympathy extended.

Of course, despite the horrific on-going psychological trauma of continuing to play first grade footy, trying to find his inner half, he couldn’t bring himself to refuse the kings ransom we were busily stuffing into his pockets.

Nor could be see himself clear to tell the knights he was not interested in becoming Joey Johns new toy boy.

I remember his spell last year. Where did he go?

I was one of the last to punch the clock out on the Brooksy Factory floor

About April last year was my final work day at that place.

This Busted Brooksy denialism, that he will somehow come good, it’s flat earth stuff I’m afraid. May as well think your boss is going to promote you and double your salary overnight.

Its every conspiracy theory rolled into one and shoved down our gullible throats while the board sticks a tigers flag up our backsides and tells us to sing one of Dennis’s old hit inner city folk songs.

I really don't understand all this anger pointed at Sheens.

We finished last after years of pathetic recruitment. All the commentators could talk about was what a basket case we were with no hope of change for a very long time if ever.

We can now observe a rebuild taking place at a much faster rate than I ever dreamed of. Sheens is not looking to the glory of a Premiership in two years. He hasn't even taken it on to extend his career as coach. He has taken it on because it is what the club needed right now.

To rip into Benji before he even has the job as coach is pretty harsh.

We were in such a mess we really had to try something out of the box. Let's give it a go and see what happens.
Tim was given the task of appointing the coach.

He fails with ciraldo and out of the dozens more available, with current experience and good records, he abandons the process and appoints himself.

He doesn’t need to be coach to recruit.

Then he locks the club up for a further 3 years to person who is a young friend who has no coaching experience whatsoever.

Tens of millions of dollars of resources on a whim and matey basis. That’s extremely unprofessional and unappreciated.

Even sacked Madge for the failed Ciraldo campaign. He should have lined up Ciraldo first.

Instead, we were humiliated and the damage went on for months.

Now the release of Hastings over Brooks, another matey- led policy. Certainly not rational.

We are nepotistic fiefdom.

Last edited:

Ned Kelly

Juniors
Tim was given the task of appointing the coach.

He fails with ciraldo and out of the dozens more available, with current experience and good records, he abandons the process and appoints himself.

He doesn’t need to be coach to recruit.

Then he locks the club up for a further 3 years to person who is a young friend who has no coaching experience whatsoever.

Tens of millions of dollars of resources on a whim and matey basis. That’s extremely unprofessional and unappreciated.

Even sacked Madge for the failed Ciraldo campaign. He should have lined up Ciraldo first.

Instead, we were humiliated and the damage went on for months.

Now the release of Hastings over Brooks, another matey led policy.

We are nepotistic fiefdom.

"Tim was given the task of appointing the coach." Not sure he had total control over that but certainly he would have had a influential say in the matter

"He fails with ciraldo and out of the dozens more available, with current experience and good records, he abandons the process and appoints himself." Tried to sign Ciraldo, If they did try for Woolf he decided the Dolphins were a better option. I doubt any of the others were likely to bring us anything except more of the bog average at best sam old same old

"He doesn’t need to be coach to recruit." True but you do want the coach to have a strong influence in the matter.

"Then he locks the club up for a further 3 years to person who is a young friend who has no coaching experience whatsoever." If my memory is is correct Ricky Stuart had no coaching experience but was under the mentor ship of Phil Gould

"Tens of millions of dollars of resources on a whim and matey basis. That’s extremely unprofessional and unappreciated." I'm not reading our recent signings being done on a matey basis

"Even sacked Madge for the failed Ciraldo campaign. He should have lined up Ciraldo first." Can't see any benefit of keeping Madge on at the time. Sheens had nothing to do with giving Madge the reins again this year.

"Instead, we were humiliated and the damage went on for months." we have been humiliated and damaged goods for a long time before Sheens got here,

"Now the release of Hastings over Brooks, another matey led policy." Hasting had upset enough people with his strong personality he would not have been here past next year anyway.

"We are nepotistic fiefdom." I prefer to see it as we are a club that has realized our desperate situation and recognize we were at a stage we had to think outside the box and take some chances.

So as you can see Silverdale we have a difference of opinion. Time will tell who is right and I hope it is me, not for my own ego but for the benefit of a club you and I feel passionate about.

Das Hassler

Bench
Sheens brought Prince down from the Broncos reserve grade after ( hopefully at the time) recovering from a horrendous leg break and a reputation for being injury prone...THEN to partner him in the halves he brings in a Kiwi touch footy freak who admits he doesn't yet know where to stand on a RL field who then needs a shoulder reconstruction in his first full season. Surely Sheens should have been sacked in '03 or '04 for his blind stupidity in thinking any of that could work . Fast forward 20 years and that same touch footy guy believes he can coach a club he loves that now has a much higher proportion of talented polonesian players who all grew up idolising him...logic may suggest he'll fail....bet you wouldn't put a lot of money on it though :) . BTW...who are the experienced coaches available who would give us assured controversy free success ...our identity and NOT F CK our cap for 5 or 6 years as a few have done at other clubs?

"Tim was given the task of appointing the coach." Not sure he had total control over that but certainly he would have had a influential say in the matter

"He fails with ciraldo and out of the dozens more available, with current experience and good records, he abandons the process and appoints himself." Tried to sign Ciraldo, If they did try for Woolf he decided the Dolphins were a better option. I doubt any of the others were likely to bring us anything except more of the bog average at best sam old same old

"He doesn’t need to be coach to recruit." True but you do want the coach to have a strong influence in the matter.

"Then he locks the club up for a further 3 years to person who is a young friend who has no coaching experience whatsoever." If my memory is is correct Ricky Stuart had no coaching experience but was under the mentor ship of Phil Gould

"Tens of millions of dollars of resources on a whim and matey basis. That’s extremely unprofessional and unappreciated." I'm not reading our recent signings being done on a matey basis

"Even sacked Madge for the failed Ciraldo campaign. He should have lined up Ciraldo first." Can't see any benefit of keeping Madge on at the time. Sheens had nothing to do with giving Madge the reins again this year.

"Instead, we were humiliated and the damage went on for months." we have been humiliated and damaged goods for a long time before Sheens got here,

"Now the release of Hastings over Brooks, another matey led policy." Hasting had upset enough people with his strong personality he would not have been here past next year anyway.

"We are nepotistic fiefdom." I prefer to see it as we are a club that has realized our desperate situation and recognize we were at a stage we had to think outside the box and take some chances.

So as you can see Silverdale we have a difference of opinion. Time will tell who is right and I hope it is me, not for my own ego but for the benefit of a club you and I feel passionate about.
And let’s put this all in perspective, he’s getting paid a small fortune.

Make no mistake, not doing anything for us out of the goodness of his heart.

Thank you for your reply submission, but I stand fast.

Will I death ride the team in 2023?

No chance as you correctly point out.

Tigerm

First Grade
Sheens brought Prince down from the Broncos reserve grade after ( hopefully at the time) recovering from a horrendous leg break and a reputation for being injury prone...THEN to partner him in the halves he brings in a Kiwi touch footy freak who admits he doesn't yet know where to stand on a RL field who then needs a shoulder reconstruction in his first full season. Surely Sheens should have been sacked in '03 or '04 for his blind stupidity in thinking any of that could work . Fast forward 20 years and that same touch footy guy believes he can coach a club he loves that now has a much higher proportion of talented polonesian players who all grew up idolising him...logic may suggest he'll fail....bet you wouldn't put a lot of money on it though :) . BTW...who are the experienced coaches available who would give us assured controversy free success ...our identity and NOT F CK our cap for 5 or 6 years as a few have done at other clubs?
You could well be right, but have you forgotten why he was shown the door here and most (if not all) clubs he has coached just hope it doesn’t happen again
Tigers don’t generally change there stripes.

Last edited:

Das Hassler

Bench
You could well be right, but have you forgotten why he was shown the door here and most (if not all) clubs he has coached just hope it doesn’t happen again

No... I know his history well but smart and driven people learn and adjust and the list of successful players and coaches that have named him among the smartest football brains the game has is impressive...in fact I cannot think of a single highly credentialed judge of the game to call him stupid...clubs are comprised of hardheaded human beings and sometimes professional relationships ( whi h affect results) just don't work out....having the coaching staff and senior players on the same wavelength is a good start...we have had enough examples of where that not being the case has torpedoed us.