What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Delboy

First Grade
Don't worry, rhyno old bean.
If Mitchy witchy does come back . . . you've got me and my tender words to comfort you for the next few years.
Could be the rugby league equivalent of a caged death match

Justin Pascoe v Mark ONeil in a battle of negotiation skills, how do you pick a winner from those 2 re anything.

The Rosco

Bench
Could be the rugby league equivalent of a caged death match

Justin Pascoe v Mark ONeil in a battle of negotiation skills, how do you pick a winner from those 2 re anything.
Be like 2 Auburn swans aka bin chickens, fighting over an open wheelie bin.

Kilkenny

Coach
i think it is a given Moses and Dylan Brown will re-sign with the Eels and Matt Burton will re-sign with the Dogs. That’s just the way it is.

You've had a decent 2023 recruitment with Klemmer, Api, Staines and Papili’i which is not to shabby.

Great article around Klemmer in the DT tonight, saying all the right things. I rate him, I think he is an enormous pick up.

i think it is a given Moses and Dylan Brown will re-sign with the Eels and Matt Burton will re-sign with the Dogs. That’s just the way it is.

You've had a decent 2023 recruitment with Klemmer, Api, Staines and Papili’i which is not to shabby.

Great article around Klemmer in the DT tonight, saying all the right things. I rate him, I think he is an enormous pick up.
I hope you’re right Killer, but I’m not expecting too bountiful harvest from Klemmer to be honest.

I’ll hold my enthusiasm until I see him in action.

Much more excited about Api. He will make all the difference in that position.

macnaz

Staff member
@PJ@
As correctly mentioned earlier by Tooheys New 🍺 , it sounds like an issue due to using an Adblocker app.
Let me know if this is not the case in your instance.

Tigerm

First Grade

I'm not sure, "that it's a given" is correct, money is what it's all about. Loyalty is dead these days, the players realise they have limited careers and should rightly chase the better offers.
I think with success, such as the Panthers are having, you are losing a lot of your team because of it. The salary cap in action.
But in saying that, I hope we don't get Moses.

Ned Kelly

Juniors
After watching the above episode I am far more excited about the Tigerss next year than I would have thought possible only a few months ago.

Thanks for posting it @Ned Kelly, it was kind gesture even if I am critical of the substance.

I appreciated Pascoes admission that we have been total rubbish for ten years.

Regrettably, that was the high point of the video.

The rest of it was Benji-fest.

And my issue with Benji is that he sought and accepted the head coaching position with no experience behind him whatsoever.

He was appointed on a matey basis.

If he cared about the club as much as he claims to, he would have realised that he does not have the knowledge and expertise to do the job at this point.

Instead, it’s another snout in the trough, the wests tigers #metoo movement is a campaign against cadre mateys missing out on wt dollars.

It’s a f**ked up thing to impose upon us.

They should take this down in favour of a documentary about polyamorous catfish in Ceylon or something more relevant to the state of the club than this car crash indulgent wankfest.

Last edited:

Ned Kelly

Juniors
How? Just sounds like a lot of PR to me.
I like Benji's genuine passion. I like that he and Tim Sheens first hand experience of getting the best out of a young team. Tim as coach and Benji as a player.
I think Benji is the sought of person the players will have respect for and listen to.
I like they are not coming from a controlling position of No you can't do that but more of If you want to develop a skill do it, just get it right a practice first.

I'm predicting we will see quite a change in players attitude to a far more positive one.

If we finish higher than bottom 4 next year I am claiming the rights to say I told you so. If we finish bottom 2 I expect to be inundated with posts of we told you so.

No amount of Benji sweet talking and telling us what a great bloke he is leads to me to believe he is anything but a public relations asset the club has dragged out in a hysterical knee jerk panic following the cicada catastrophe.

“ stick to the process” and “everyone is accountable” is abandoned for more spin.

Benji should have declined anything other than a support or sponsorship role.

The entire game knows he’s got the gig on a matey basis and not on merit and at least a couple of brave leagueys have called it out.

That includes some of the brain trust at the abc.

Every year we get told we are coming back and finals bound. I wish the club would shut down the pr and focus on winning.

Pascoes comment that “ our mission is to win games, that’s out core focus” or words to that effect is quite obviously aimed at the discerning fans who quite correctly have concluded that multiple decisions made don’t reflect this.

$78m Centre of Excellence and we can’t put anything close to a competitive side on the park. Sorry Justin, that’s a fact.

Some excellent signings but then unravel that by releasing Jackson Hastings who was one of our best key players in favour of a prayer that Brooks will somehow turn over a new leaf.

And depth, Hastings added depth. No one thought about that. Even if one is going to give Brooksy another chance to embarrass himself, we had Jackson ready and willing to salvage the season.

We can find $78m to build a shrine to the boards incompetence and give management nice offices, but we can’t jag a couple of hundred to send Brooksy on his way and secure Klem.

Id preferred that we spent the money on this pr disaster on helping some of our juniors with their expenses and benefits. Subsidise and help poor fans buy memberships and other constructive measures. Look after the ticketed members, make merch cheaper.

Give something back to fans and members suffering under this dystopian, selfish and seemingly nepotistic regime.

I’m over their rhetoric and spin. It wore out years ago.

Last edited:
I didn’t want any post I made to stop the likes of Ned or Rosco or anyone else to post up any article about anything pro West Tigers

Im having a go at their Lordships at the club, not you guys.

I appreciate your thoughts and contribution. 110%.

Understand that I’d take a bullet for you blokes, even if you’re strangling me!

We live and die together!

Last edited:

Latest posts