What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Could not believe what I saw this morning. In terms of behaviour in the "Big 3's" last year at the Tigers, Woods (complete with the team captaincy) represented us horribly. I never want that guy back.
Just on a performance level, he’s dubbed as habitually lazy and hasn’t been at full throttle for some time.

We could get him cheap but then we’d expect at least 20 minutes of something.

But very few players recover when they get into the rut decline.

You have to think about the opportunity cost with an able youngster on the stands and as well know, the spot in first grade to the up and comers is next to sacred.

I was a bit shocked to see rcg make some kind of footy recovery, but he’s an alleged complete nutcase and the less said about his private life the better. I’ve heard a few things… It was too much even for the illustrious smug whom it seems traditionally accept a lower standard of ethics or morals.

But a pass on Sharon . The sgi forum here are just about unanimous in their contempt for him.

They give Hook a hard time, but on the good authority he’s a smart coach. Probably a Madge thing where him and the squad, the minds can’t meet and in our case, troubled performances and the holy grail of everyone on the same page, frustratingly rare. Hook is on his way out at Sgi anyway.

Ben Hunt in his zone would solve a hell of a lot of problems for us.

Last edited:

MugaB

Coach
Sharon has been in semi retirement for years, lazy fat useless dumb grub.

And when Tim starts talking about our glorious juniors and how they are going to emerge to be rep stars in 2027, it should be understood that as soon as a youngster shows any genuine promise, they are hunted down like prey by player managers, nrl clubs and other sports….

And that’s just footy and how it goes.

Anyone who knows their league, say @MugaB et al, they appreciate that the current era of the Smug has been as a result of a smooth recruitment and retention operation.

These unseen giants of the game are far important than Farah and Benji Morris dancing around a giant tub of Greek yogurt telling people how great they are.

Imagine having the luxury of letting a Burton go with a smile, handshake and a fond “good luck”

Burton as being “excess to requirements” that’s almost criminal. And the Panthers didn’t need to hesitate either. Didn’t even raise a whiskery eyebrow.

There would be rivers of blood at Narellen or Birchgrove if we did the same!

Woods is a total clusterf**k. His mouthguard puts in a stronger game.
This by far is the POST of the year, shout out to @The Silverdale Phantom for delivering some well written comedic poetry.. i was laughing for over an hour on the semantics of wests vs riffs recruitment strategy... absolutely poles apart...
The sooner Pascoe goes the happier Rugba Lieg will be, we had him before you guys did, he was absolute dribble

This by far is the POST of the year, shout out to @The Silverdale Phantom for delivering some well written comedic poetry.. i was laughing for over an hour on the semantics of wests vs riffs recruitment strategy... absolutely poles apart...
The sooner Pascoe goes the happier Rugba Lieg will be, we had him before you guys did, he was absolute dribble
That’s a very kind post to write, let alone go public with.

One of my goals is to try to shine a light however dim and intermittent on our clubs shortcomings.

That said, of all the clubs in the NRL, I can only answer to the call of the Wests Tigers.

Tigerm

First Grade
Interesting article which I'm sure will raise responses of different opinions.

Good article, the poignant bit for me was, “Time will tell if it was the right call or not.”

But I feel we are in a better position now than we have been for many seasons.

Good article, the poignant bit for me was, “Time will tell if it was the right call or not.”

But I feel we are in a better position now than we have been for many seasons.
Hold your nerve buddy.

I think the correct and less harmful approach is to consider all the hype as smoke, mirrors and spin unless and until we see actual results.

We also know that for the most part, much of clubs decisions and rationale reside in the shadowy corridors and arrive in our hands as vetted by the machine or by journalists who inevitably have a dog in the fight somewhere.

We must also be guarded about friendships,links and ties that bind that we not aware of or are apparent.

The Wests Tigers spin doctors are in full throttle mode, we’ve been here before my friend. I’m not jumping onto the bus when it’s still parked next to Lees Ferrari and not even at idle.

Don’t become the dumb mug willingly. It’s a time for composure and distrust.

Tigerm

First Grade
Hold your nerve buddy.

I think the correct and less harmful approach is to consider all the hype as smoke, mirrors and spin unless and until we see actual results.

We also know that for the most part, much of clubs decisions and rationale reside in the shadowy corridors and arrive in our hands as vetted by the machine or by journalists who inevitably have a dog in the fight somewhere.

We must also be guarded about friendships,links and ties that bind that we not aware of or are apparent.

The Wests Tigers spin doctors are in full throttle mode, we’ve been here before my friend. I’m not jumping onto the bus when it’s still parked next to Lees Ferrari and not even at idle.

I was talking about the signings we have made, most are incredibly good, but as I said, time will tell?

Still think we are short a good back and now a half, f**k knows what gunna happen if we get an injury with one of the halves?

Reactions: 851

MugaB

Coach
Hold your nerve buddy.

Spin doctors under the influence of the greek yogurt peddling mob, with high hopes...
Gonna be a realistic long journey to get back to 9th... here's hope Apisai will be your saving grace thus season, he is by far the best hooker in orange,since backdoor benny

Spin doctors under the influence of the greek yogurt peddling mob, with high hopes...
Gonna be a realistic long journey to get back to 9th... here's hope Apisai will be your saving grace thus season, he is by far the best hooker in orange,since backdoor benny
That’s my point to the rank and file to save them from unnecessary emotional pain and suffering if we fail to ignite.

We expect our big names to fire ( except Brooksy) but I’m just as interested in Charlie, Ken, Starford and the arm wrestle in our troubled backline.

The guys from last year, they will get the natural boost from a better pack, but individually, they need to do a lot better and I really hope they knuckle down.

I think the forwards was the place to start to build the side, but that’s not rocket science, we’ve all been saying that for 3 years!

But it’s a journey as you say. There’s no miracles in sight and we keep making short sighted decisions. The lack of depth is a worry, but we have all new medical staff for recovery etc. A lucky dip in many ways.

The injuries in the game are too many and too serious. We don’t do enough for our players.

I don’t want us coming second last and Tim and co claiming victory.

Last edited:

MugaB

Coach
That’s my point to the rank and file to save them from unnecessary emotional pain and suffering if we fail to ignite.

We expect our big names to fire ( except Brooksy) but I’m just as interested in Charlie, Ken, Starford and the arm wrestle in our troubled backline.

The guys from last year, they will get the natural boost from a better pack, but individually, they need to do a lot better and I really hope they knuckle down.

I think the forwards was the place to start to build the side, but that’s not rocket science, we’ve all been saying that for 3 years!

But it’s a journey as you say. There’s no miracles in sight and we keep making short sighted decisions. The lack of depth is a worry, but we have all new medical staff for recovery etc. A lucky dip in many ways.

The injuries in the game are too many and too serious. We don’t do enough for our players.

I don’t want us coming second last and Tim and co claiming victory.
That's my new name for them TIM&Co Tigers
Better than just Wests or wild wests from tigertown...
I'd expect This mob to go round about 11-9th and rise the following year, a bit like how the knights did it the years they had Mitchell Pearce, coming from a low base and hitting finals with some good recruiting, sharon woods wont be there long, i think he is more of a back up.... but losing jock to the bronx is not a good sign, hopefully there is someone who can step up from the lower grades if brooks has a heartledge of effort

Mitchell pearce in a tigers jersey would have been better than sticking with brooks all these years

Last edited:

Tigerm

First Grade
That's my new name for them TIM&Co Tigers
Better than just Wests or wild wests from tigertown...
I'd expect This mob to go round about 11-9th and rise the following year, a but like how the knights did it the years they had Mitchell Pearce, coming from a low base and hitting finals with some good recruiting, sharon woods wont be there long, i think he is more of a back up.... but losing jock to the bronx is not a good sign, hopefully there is someone who can step up from the lower grades if brooks has a heartledge of effort
There is no information (not even a rumour) that Woods is coming back, in fact he has said the opposite.

I agree with your thoughts on where we might finish, but I think we still have 2 more signings to come, so you never know how the season will pan out?

Having no back up half is a worry, though hopefully the think tank has got this figured out?

MugaB

Coach
There is no information (not even a rumour) that Woods is coming back, in fact he has said the opposite.

I agree with your thoughts on where we might finish, but I think we still have 2 more signings to come, so you never know how the season will pan out?

Having no back up half is a worry, though hopefully the think tank has got this figured out?
Id be looking to poach from Catalans (Pearce) for that half... if moses isn't coming back i suppose

Id be looking to poach from Catalans (Pearce) for that Mmm

The roosters grew to hate him, the knights even packed him off without a proper replacement.

He has destroyed his career on the skirt and grog, sleazed around on his teammates.

A selfish and forgettable human being, mind of a 13 year old.

I feel for Junior and his family for having the misfortune of this stupid little runt in their lives. Everyday they must wake up regretting that they didn’t adopt him out as an infant.

And when it’s over, he can chill in his big house and drink himself into unconsciousness every day because no one’s going to call.

following his stupid dog sex incident, which wrecked a club for a year, he got rehab and swore he was a changed man. But the inner scrote deep within him could not be denied.

But we wouldn’t be having this convo if we’d made the right call and kept Hastings and put Brooksy on the Newcastle express or kept both of them for depth, opened the wallet for Klem and moved forward.

Last edited:

Tigerm

First Grade
The roosters grew to hate him, the knights even packed him off without a proper replacement.

He has destroyed his career on the skirt and grog, sleazed around on his teammates.

A selfish and forgettable human being, mind of a 13 year old.

I feel for Junior and his family for having the misfortune of this stupid little runt in their lives. Everyday they must wake up regretting that they didn’t adopt him out as an infant.

And when it’s over, he can chill in his big house and drink himself into unconsciousness every day because no one’s going to call.

following his stupid dog sex incident, which wrecked a club for a year, he got rehab and swore he was a changed man. But the inner scrote deep within him could not be denied.

But we wouldn’t be having this convo if we’d made the right call and kept Hastings and put Brooksy on the Newcastle express or kept both of them for depth, opened the wallet for Klem and moved forward.
But his mother will still love him, no matter what, she will blame the dad, they always do 😂

But his mother will still love him, no matter what, she will blame the dad, they always do 😂
Poor junior, he watches the ground when he walks so as not to tread or injure an ant or stray stick insect.

Extraordinary player in the head down tradition.

The only way to explain it is that someone must have switched babies at the hospital straight after he was born.

She had to ask him 13 times to leave.

Last edited:

MugaB

Coach
Poor junior, he watches the ground when he walks so as not to tread or injure an ant or stray stick insect.

Extraordinary player in the head down tradition.

The only way to explain it is that someone must have switched babies at the hospital straight after he was born.

She had to ask him 13 times to leave.
Perfect for the Tigers

Latest posts