What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

stryker

First Grade
I can never hear too many positive stories about the Tigers. Especially not this off season considering all the stories about the Tigers last season.
Talk was cheap all last season about moving in the direction we want to go when there was nothing to back that up.
Any talk about being a genuine chance of top 8 this year is backed up by the signings we have made.
Not backed up by any empirical evidence though. These blokes may all come here and play like bums.
Club needs to STFU until runs are on the board.

Black Panther

Juniors
Won a GF, played heaps of origin games (16 vs Api’s 3) quite a few games of tier one international footy (13 vs API’s 0) and 130 more NRL games. He has been the Dally M hooker of the year twice (Api once) competing with Buderus and Smith and has been runner up for the Dally M player of the year twice.
You really love Robbie. API all day mate. Farah was a ball hog in most of his Origin games too. Are you really counting his games, API is still playing FFS. He reminded me of Paul Gallen in Origin, always got in the way.

Black Panther

Juniors
I think you’ll find that Panther dude is in shock with those stats. He prob didn’t real time see any of that from Robbie, coz he was too young (shit even I’d forgotten Robbie was that decorated) A lot of those Penrith posters are good upstanding young men. I’m guessing STP’s would have to be the same age?
Nah mate, I saw a lot of Robbie Farah playing, just didn’t rate him that highly. Hey, just my opinion though right.

I rated Robbie very highly indeed.

Then I saw Robbie at the end of his career, I shed the odd tear because I could see him get into the position but not be able to tackle etc.

It was emotional watching him in the decline. He’d even end up in the backline and people would run at him on purpose. Not good.

He had to lie on the floor of the bus etc because his body was busted. That’s not fair or a good way to finish a wonderful career.

But the game has changed and moved on.

Api is one of the best players in the world, the best in his position. He’s not broken, it all works and nothing needs fixing.

Robbie feels the strong urge to share his knowledge and all that, but I’d be telling Api, just to humour him, nod and pretend to look interested, but otherwise keep your game clear, clean and pristine.

If we buy players from smug, generally we want to keep them at smug levels of high achievement. Even if a number of them are of bad personal character and you wouldnt brake for them, as a footy team, they have been a phenomenon. Maybe on games won etc, the best team in league history or close to.

People won’t like that, I don’t like conceding it either, but I’m sorry but it’s true.

We don’t want tinker too much with Api.

Last edited:

stryker

First Grade
You really love Robbie. API all day mate. Farah was a ball hog in most of his Origin games too. Are you really counting his games, API is still playing FFS. He reminded me of Paul Gallen in Origin, always got in the way.
API couldn’t tie Robs laces and I’ve told you why

stryker

First Grade
I rated Robbie very highly indeed.

Then I saw Robbie at the end of his career, I shed the odd tear because I could see him get into the position but not be able to tackle etc.

It was emotional watching him in the decline. He’d even end up in the backline and people would run at him on purpose. Not good.

He had to lie on the floor of the bus etc because his body was busted. That’s not fair or a good way to finish a wonderful career.

But the game has changed and moved on.

Api is one of the best players in the world, the best in his position. He’s not broken, it all works and nothing needs fixing.

Robbie feels the strong urge to share his knowledge and all that, but I’d be telling Api, just to humour him, nod and pretend to look interested, but otherwise keep your game clear, clean and pristine.

If we buy players from smug, generally we want to keep them at smug levels of high achievement. Even if a number of them are of bad personal character and you wouldnt brake for them, as a footy team, they have been a phenomenon. Maybe on games won etc, the best team in league history or close to.

People won’t like that, I don’t like conceding it either, but I’m sorry but it’s true.

We don’t want tinker too much with Api.
f**k me show some bloody dignity.
Get off your knees you filthy s**t.

I just hope Api doesn’t bring his putrid Penrith houso crew with him.
Stinking the joint out with domestic violence blood stains on their shirts and cheetos on their breath.
All of that is true. I said many of them were of bad personal character. It’s his game we want.

He wasn’t partaking with the grog and games with them recently.

Ivan doesn’t have them under control as we discussed.As they disintegrate I expect even more trouble.

It’s a matter of time.

They might have one more gf win in them…

Last edited:

stryker

First Grade
All of that is true. I said they were of bad personal character. It’s his game we want.

He wasn’t partaking with the grog with them recently.

Ivan doesn’t have them under control as we discussed.

As they disintegrate I expect even more trouble.

It’s a matter of time.
What do you mean?

Phil Gould

Juniors
Those articles and comments are all propaganda from the king of cheap talk - Sheens.

This club needs to be realistic. The game today is zero like 2005. The way you find success now is off the back of strong defence.

In 2005 the Tigers conceded 23.96 points per game.

Parramatta (1st on the ladder)
Dragons (2nd)
Broncos (3rd)
Cowboys (5th)
Storm (6th)
Sharks (7th)
Roosters (9th)
Panthers (10th)
Warriors (11th)
all had better defence than the Tigers in 2005

In 2022 - the top 8 defensive sides all finished in the top 8 - Parramatta was the worst defensive team in the top 8, conceding 20.38 pts per game - almost a try per game less than the 2005 Tigers.

It would be stupid and idiotic to ignore this very clear issue.
This is all true and the edges are a worry defensively but for way too much of last season all we saw was one out and up the middle, over and over. Make 20 to 30 meters in the set then put up an uncontested bomb to the backs 30 meters out from their own line. I like that we may see some more flair in attack, by the sounds of it anyway. Hopefully they get the balance right and move the ball in a controlled manner, at the right times, without too many “1%ers”, unless they are scoring opportunities. The Storm do this the best, regularly but at the right times, move the ball to the edges through safe hands. They make more ground this way without pushing things so far as to blow out the risk/reward ratio.

Defensively, I think one of the biggies last year was attitude. Attitude is everything in defense and when players like Kelma and Leilua are flopping around, missing tackles, missing balls and just watching players run past them it really drags everyone else down. It’s hard to put in 100% for each other when 100% of the players aren’t putting in. The edges are still a worry but with so much dead weight gone I think the defense will naturally improve and hopefully we will see all the players form a cohesive unit.

Last edited:

Das Hassler

Bench
This is all true and the edges are a worry defensively but for way too much of last season all we saw was one out and up the middle, over and over. Make 20 to 30 meters in the set then put up an uncontested bomb to the backs 30 meters out from their own line. I like that we may see some more flair in attack, by the sounds of it anyway. Hopefully they get the balance right and move the ball in a controlled manner, at the right times, without too many “1%ers”, unless they are scoring opportunities. The Storm do this the best, regularly but at the right times, move the ball to the edges through safe hands. They make more ground this way without pushing things so far as to blow out the risk/reward ratio.

Defensively, I think one of the biggies last year was attitude. Attitude is everything in defense and when players like Kelma and Leilua are flopping around, missing tackles, missing balls and just watching players run past them it really drags everyone else down. It’s hard to put in 100% for each other when 100% of the players aren’t putting in. The edges are still a worry but with so much dead weight gone I think the defense will naturally improve and hopefully we will see all the players form a cohesive unit.

Just to give it another "like"

I was told this morning that Nathan Brown has been training with the Tigers.

Anyone been to Concord and seen the squad training? Anyone know if that's true or not?

Latest posts