What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

BrotherJim05

Bench
As fkd as our situation is...are there really any halfbacks available? Everyone is either contracted or not good enough for first grade. If Williams is off the cards then I'd take a crack at Trindall but apparently he's locked up even though he's stuck behind Hynes/Moylan.

Is there no halfback coming through our juniors at all? I'm not having a go at Sheens I'm genuinely asking who these kids he keeps going on about are?

If we do indeed have one that is a couple of years away then I guess Pearce is a good stop gap solution but fmd it doesn't look like that's happening either.

Maybe we need to just throw all our eggs in the Wakeham at 7 basket for this year and see how things progress with the open market. If Griffin gets the sack and Hunt wants out then I'd take him for sure...although he's copped his own share of criticism himself over the years

WA Tiger

Bench
Pearce told NewsCorp that “I don’t really have much to say. Benji called me yesterday and I told him I’m contracted to Catalans.

“We are top of the table and I want to win a comp in Super League. That’s pretty much it.”
Offer Pearce a million a year and see how much he’s interested in winning a comp with the Catalan’s..What’s he on? Must be a fair bit to just say no. Unless he just can’t raise himself to NRL level anymore. I’d take him definitely but we’d need to pay up ..Or Hunt, whose unlikely?

Last edited:

Tigerm

First Grade
As fkd as our situation is...are there really any halfbacks available? Everyone is either contracted or not good enough for first grade. If Williams is off the cards then I'd take a crack at Trindall but apparently he's locked up even though he's stuck behind Hynes/Moylan.

Is there no halfback coming through our juniors at all? I'm not having a go at Sheens I'm genuinely asking who these kids he keeps going on about are?

If we do indeed have one that is a couple of years away then I guess Pearce is a good stop gap solution but fmd it doesn't look like that's happening either.

Maybe we need to just throw all our eggs in the Wakeham at 7 basket for this year and see how things progress with the open market. If Griffin gets the sack and Hunt wants out then I'd take him for sure...although he's copped his own share of criticism himself over the years
I’d be happy to see how Wakeham pans out, just need a 6 imo.

Tigerm

First Grade
Send a SOS to Jacob Miller

that kid had a lot of talent but was a scapegoat
Amazingly good call from you, I had forgot about him, he was the next big thing, but got punted, I know he was still playing in England, but not sure how he is travelling? He'd probably tell us to go jump.
In saying that, you would think the Sheenius would be aware of him.

simmo1

First Grade
Pearce was completely past it at Newcastle and basically phoned it in his last season there. He is not going to improve the on field performance in any meaningful way, and is not going to improve off field culture either. Avoid at all costs.

How many has-beens looking for a final payout do we need to sign before we learn our lesson?

Fordy20

Juniors
Amazingly good call from you, I had forgot about him, he was the next big thing, but got punted, I know he was still playing in England, but not sure how he is travelling? He'd probably tell us to go jump.
It was Potter that let him go too after 4 games, but he didn't seem to be part of the in crew, so maybe he wouldn't be much of a fan of Benji and Farah.

Front-Rower

First Grade
No it’s not an amazingly good call. Miller is playing halfback for Castleford and they are getting pumped just about each week.

Tigerm

First Grade
No it’s not an amazingly good call. Miller is playing halfback for Castleford and they are getting pumped just about each week.

The good call was for bringing up his name as I had forgotten about him. Do you follow their league? Appreciate their team isn't going well (like us) but how is he doing playing at 7?

Last edited:

Phil Gould

Juniors
I feel like that girl that got out of a really bad relationship but then after 12 years of messy break ups I get back together with the same guy thinking it will be different this time...
The team has changed though, things are different now, there’s a new coach too, we will make the 8 this time, I promise.

Remember that flick pass in the GF, those were fun times and Benji’s back baby, it can be like that again, don’t give up on us now.

Don’t forget Brooks is the next Andrew Johns, all he needed was a center of excellence and a few more weeks to gel with the new halves pairing and a good pack to work behind. Things are just starting to go good, why would you leave now?

Tigerm

First Grade
The team has changed though, things are different now, there’s a new coach too, we will make the 8 this time, I promise.

Remember that flick pass in the GF, those were fun times and Benji’s back baby, it can be like that again, don’t give up on us now.

Don’t forget Brooks is the next Andrew Johns, all he needed was a center of excellence and a few more weeks to gel with the new halves pairing and a good pack to work behind. Things are just starting to go good, why would you leave now?
And of course the new coach is a legend of the game, who has coached over 650 games.

Unfortunately, he has been sacked from every club he has been with in the past, so there is still time for it to happen again and turn it all around.

Last edited: