What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours thread

AMIG

Juniors
1. Hornby will / is seriously considering retiring this year. As the clubs captain and respected senior of the club he will not be officially tapped on the shoulder but has been told to unselfishly consider doing the honorable thing to allow the opportunity for future club success with the next generation. He will be looked after for his early decision. If he continues on next year it will be on limited playing periods.

2. Cooper has been told to do the same as Hornby.

3. Soward will be leaving the club next year (forced). He has unfortunately lost respect of current senior coaching staff ( and some players) for his continual whinging and over the top arrogant attitude of late causing discontent around the training paddock . He has a high opinion of himself which is harming the playing group. Price has had enough.

4. Mitchell Pearce is so very close to signing for the Dragons ( close connection to Price and a number of the players) is getting him across. K.Stanley will play along side him.

# YES I agree this sounds all bull$hit BUT I was told be privileged for this information too wait and see it all fall into place very soon. I am now intrigued as to what will eventuate with this players.

TheRev

First Grade
Well we need someone, Pierce might be the only half-decent name out there, but hes still very much a risk to me, there are games for NSW where I think .. yeah hes good enough, but I dont feel his game is consistent at all...

Id sort of rather get someone left-field, from overseas or young up and comer, for less money.. but anyway.. something.. on another note did Kyle play for Cutters on weekend? if so where, or is he just injured still.

dragonsman4eva

Juniors
If price has had enough of soward then he would be leaving this year, stop making up bullshit mate. Soward recently said he wants to stay for the rest of his career, rumours like these only start when the club is losing and it happens at every club. Why make this crap up, seriously??

Godz Illa

Coach
Threads like this tend to paint a target on your own head, especially if, as mentioned, you only have a handful of posts and no real record of correct inside info in the past. But, they are rumours and you're not pretending otherwise so fair enough. That said, the Soward and Pearce rumours have been around a while, so I feel you may be close to the truth.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Unfortunately guys the Soward one is one rumour that won't go away. He won't be here much longer possible not next season as the coaching staff and board don't like him and want him gone.

Hutty1986

Immortal
So... you honestly think the coaching staff will push Hornby to retire.. then push Soward to leave..all of this after clearly showing they do not rate K. Stanley at 6.. and rumours of Pearce signing still at the *fairy tale* stage?

FMD, let's just push Mez & Hunt into the halves

big pat

Coach
i've always found rumours to be started by attention seekers, so i think i'll let this one go through to the keeper.

Elias1983

Coach
I don't get the Price/Pearce close relationship part?

If that were true how did that come about?

Hoekstra

Juniors
I shudder to think what our attack and kicking game would look like without Soward. I'm hoping they bring in the Miller kid as a half, grab a serviceable back rower to replace Scott and look around for a competent centre.

Either way it looks highly likely that we go into next season with even less experience than the last with Young and Scott going without similar replacements.

If you speculatively throw Hornby and Cooper into that mix you’ll be able to hear a bloody echo over the training squad.

If we are talking utter fantasy here Soward and Pearce would pour some badly needed fuel on our attack.

Who knows though the things Price has tried in attack have clearly not worked to date and some of the boys are clearly frustrated. Regardless of player movements this has to be acknowledged and worked on, if not we enter mortal combat for the spoon next season.