What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours thread

nrlnrl

First Grade
what ! i hope so quade or folau would be awesome we got so much money to spend its ridiculous ! 400K just for next season unused plus the salary cap will go up by 700K so that means 1.1Million unused .. although it may stupid cos where would he play ? centre for cooper when he retires ? .. we could use this money to sign unique forwards and second rowers !

I think part of the increase will be spent on current players.

nrlnrl

First Grade
to make it easier for everyone, can one of the mods please combine all the rumour threads ?

Cagey Mac

Bench
Saints have signed Drinkwater for 2 years. Will be training with first grade squad. Price wants him to prove himself with Cutters before giving him a go in first grade
He's considered a very good prospect and possibly the best junior half going around by many.

Cagey Mac

Bench
I think that I have a solution here
If Manly win this season then
Toovey > Hasler and it follows that
Cherry-Evans > Toovey, Drinkwater > Cherry-Evans
Problem solved
Drinkwater = halfback and captain coach
Dynasty here we come

st.phil

Bench
SMH sin bin has us looking for a strike centre with Kyle moving into the halves in 2013 - Jennings named as the man we are chasing now extra cash is free fr Benny Hormby. Would love a player like that in our side.

nrlnrl

First Grade
SMH sin bin has us looking for a strike centre with Kyle moving into the halves in 2013 - Jennings named as the man we are chasing now extra cash is free fr Benny Hormby. Would love a player like that in our side.

yeah & throw in his brothers - George from Toyota Cup & Robert who was in the NSW Under 16's this year

Godz Illa

Coach
Hmm, which SMH journo has Jubilee Ave access

The Nick

Bench
Sorry if it's already been mentioned, but on The Game Plan last night the Latemail Man had us linked to Craig Bellamy in 2014.

jenninga

First Grade
Sorry if it's already been mentioned, but on The Game Plan last night the Latemail Man had us linked to Craig Bellamy in 2014.
I said months ago that we will target Cronk and Bellamy for 2014.When Cronk re signed with the Storm,i thought Bellamy would also stay.However just wondering if Cronk has a get out clause if the coach does leave the Storm and we get them both.

Dragons4lyf95

Juniors
I said months ago that we will target Cronk and Bellamy for 2014.When Cronk re signed with the Storm,i thought Bellamy would also stay.However just wondering if Cronk has a get out clause if the coach does leave the Storm and we get them both.

omg yess i didnt even think of that so true ! i bet he does

Minh

First Grade
Warriors were tabling something like 4 million over 3 years for Bellamy according to the telegraph so he would come at a huge pricetag but would almost guarantee a top notch competitive football team.

nrlnrl

First Grade

A lot of that junk is just copied from The Mole's column in RLW ( or Twitter ). Anyway, Bellamy won't be coaching for any NRL team apart from Melbourne until Slater, Smith & Cronk finish their playing careers there.

Hutty1986

Immortal
Everyone needs to realise Craig "I won't aplologise" Bellamy & his trio of cheating grubs will never leave the gravy train down there. They'd all be on god-knows how much money, cash no other club could legally match

Everyone needs to realise Craig "I won't aplologise" Bellamy & his trio of cheating grubs will never leave the gravy train down there. They'd all be on god-knows how much money, cash no other club could legally match

There's probably even more sinister machinations at work, other than just purely a cash grab.

It would be extremely naive to expect any of them to leave a franchise the NRL desperately needs to stay strong, as a symbol of the code's existence and success in AFL heartland.

I wouldn't be surprised if the NRL stepped in behind the scenes to stop any chance of risking a weakening of Melbourne, through losing marquee players or high profile coach, especially if they were considering moving to a team such as us, already established as blue ribbon NRL territory.

nrlnrl

First Grade

especially when the Storm with Bellamy as coach & "the Big 3" players haven't won an NRL premiership?.