What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours thread

gypsy

Bench
thanks for the responses guys, but again it's just interpretations/guesswork..
does anyone know the story?

DragonBuck

Juniors
Just read the following rumour on the FOX Sports website. It was a reply to an article on Benji-Sheens from some punter....

"Big Lono of Macquarie Fields says… October 13, 2012 at 4:15 PM
NEWS FLASH - I have it on good authority that Benji has fallen out big time with the Tigers Board and will announce after the Test that he's signed with the Dragons for three years as of 2013."

Has anyone else heard anything like this? Obviously it's more than likely BS but it was definately the first time I have heard this rumour.

nrlnrl

First Grade
Just read the following rumour on the FOX Sports website. It was a reply to an article on Benji-Sheens from some punter....

"Big Lono of Macquarie Fields says? October 13, 2012 at 4:15 PM
NEWS FLASH - I have it on good authority that Benji has fallen out big time with the Tigers Board and will announce after the Test that he's signed with the Dragons for three years as of 2013."

Has anyone else heard anything like this? Obviously it's more than likely BS but it was definately the first time I have heard this rumour.

Benji has the same manager as another certain Tigers player, the Dragons don't want to get Moltzened again

Ace-STi

Juniors
Interesting if we signed benji... We have played some great finals footy vs tigers of last couple of years and that would be a massive signing

saints4ever

First Grade
Surely ppl can't really believe this?

1 Benji will never leave the tigers
2 if he did, he would not come here
3 why? Because he would have to take his boyfriend with him
4 benjis bf and him are managed by the same merkin that f**ked us over

And imo last night's test shows what benji is made of. Never mind the 9 spoodgefest. A very good touch footballer, whom on his day can shine like few can. 90% of the time he looks very ordinary

bottle

Coach
Not really, champ. that's what we call inside mail. Obviously some people on here know players, each player would know...

Gypsy the discipline/disappoint angle was touched upon by Doust apparently in a video interview conducted with John Stanley. It was referred to in a number of posts on JA. If I can track down a link I'll post it for you. Haven't actually viewed it myself.

jenninga

First Grade
Surely ppl can't really believe this?

1 Benji will never leave the tigers
2 if he did, he would not come here
3 why? Because he would have to take his boyfriend with him
4 benjis bf and him are managed by the same merkin that f**ked us over

And imo last night's test shows what benji is made of. Never mind the 9 spoodgefest. A very good touch footballer, whom on his day can shine like few can. 90% of the time he looks very ordinary
Stranger things have happened,I heard we have interest in Benji but can't see it happening.Also it was a possible player revolt which put pressure on the Tigers to retain Moltzen after he signed for us.

thebearman05

Juniors
Heard the rumor re Benji Marshall to the dragons today at work. I know it sounds unlikly but apparently the club has made a play and has told Soward if he gets another offer he is free to leave. Have money to spend under the cap so that wont be an issue. If I was a betting man I would say 100/1 its going to happen but stranger things have happened.

Owen Da Saints

Juniors
Would be interesting if they reunited benji & rangi again ! They played together at school level apparently.
But I have to say I'm sceptical, especially re history with his manager !
I'd be happy enough with rangi, soward, Kyle and drinkwater or allen as far as halves to pick from.
I knew it would be an interesting off season.
My wife thought she would "get me back" for the off season.
Don't know how to break it to her ! : )

Ace-STi

Juniors
Interesting read on daily telegraph re: benji... Looks like he is burning bridges at tigers maybe there is more truth to this story....

MattYg1

Bench
As much as i dont really rate Benji as this almight game breaking superstar who deserves a throne and a crown ala Channel 9...

He is still a talented player and it would be most interesting to see what he could be behind a fowared pack of

Weyman, Hunt, Merrin, Rein, Creagh, King... etc... and with players outside him like Nightingale, Cooper, Morris, Beale...

KiamaSaint

Coach
I think fans have rocks in their heads if they don't want Benji in the side. I actually would love to see him play with Soward. Let Soward control the team, kicking, etc and let Benji weave his magic.

Latest posts