What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Run to the Finals 2022

Jono078

Referee
We're almost at the halfway mark of the season and we have a tough run, if we want to make the finals. Not necessarily by draw, but the margin for error.

We basically need to go 9 wins and 4 losses from out last 13 games, and seriously help our F/A in the process.

R12 @ Warriors - W
R13 BYE
R14 Vs Panthers - L
R15 @ Raiders - L
R16 Vs Titans - W
R17 Vs Rabbitohs - W
R18 @ Sea Eagles - W
R19 Vs Roosters - L
R20 Vs Bulldogs - W
R21 @ Tigers - W
R22 @ Broncos - L
R23 Vs Raiders - W
R24 @ Titans - W
R25 Vs Sharks - L - Hopefully Sharks rests players for the finals

So I guess by looking at the above, it IS doable.. Is our mob up for the challenge to get enough wins from the last 13 games though, who knows? Unlikely I'd say.

Thoughts on our run home?

Do you even want to just scrape into the 8? Always nice to play finals footy but I am getting sick of scraping or limping in.

Sir Galahad

Juniors
Not a snowflakes hope in hell. I just havent seen the fire or passion in the players .

There's a part of me that wants heads to roll, and the best chance of it happening are for the wheels to well and trully fall off.

I wish the club was as sick of losing as I am of watching them lose.

General Knight

Juniors
Id rather we make the 8 even if it means we just scrape in than not play finals footy at all. Unlikely to happen given we are mental midgets.

Jono078

Referee
I will say - the crazy thing is we are only 2 wins behind 8th spot... So things can turn drastically and suddenly - if we take our opportunities.

ryan.a87

Juniors
Yeah, lucky for us there are only 4 or so teams that are actual contenders…..the nrl has 12 teams just making up the numbers

expecting manly to nose dive now turbo is out. We have a somewhat favourable run and Brailey is due back around the titans game which will help dramatically. Between now and then we have a winnable warriors game, vs panthers without all their origin players and raiders. All 3 (in theory) are winnable games

Spot On

Coach
Certainly could still make the 8. The bar is set pretty low in this comp considering teams need only win half their season’s starts.

Gold Coast played finals with a 10 and 14 w/l record last year.

Geez.

Old dog

Juniors
Am more looking forward to having our top 17 on deck and being competitive and winning a few getting away from spoon, think we will realistically finish 9-12, think the damage was done rounds 3 onward and now a finish in top 8 depends too much on results of other games

I can remember one year where we were crap for most of it then won 7 straight towards the end of the season to scrape into the 8 then lose 1st finals game.

I wasn't so disappointed because we showed good form in those 7 games and entertained.

Jono078

Referee
Am more looking forward to having our top 17 on deck and being competitive and winning a few getting away from spoon, think we will realistically finish 9-12, think the damage was done rounds 3 onward and now a finish in top 8 depends too much on results of other games
Definitely doesn't depend on other results. Destiny is still firmly in our hands. Just a matter of if we're good enough to win the games we "should" win.

Old dog

Juniors
Love your optimism, hope your right, let’s talk after the Warriors after that we get a couple more back and a bit of game time for those returning injured

Frederick

Staff member
The thread is confusing because it's called 'Run to the Finals 2022'. It clearly doesn't belong in the Knights section. Perhaps a more fitting title would be 'Crawl to Finally Ending this Horrible Season 2022'.
I thought this was a charity thing where Jono was going to raise money for disabled children by running to each finals venue and I thought to myself "geez, that's a nice thing to do for Kurt Mann"

Latest posts