What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Runciman returns

Smurf

Juniors
We told you last week the Dragons had added journeyman Jack Buchanan to their forward depth.

Now they've added to their backline stocks by welcoming home former centre Charly Runciman.

The 25-year-old is back in the Red-V after a stint in the UK with Widnes.

Runciman played 12 NRL games between 2013 and 2015 for Saints before moving to England where he has since scored 24 tries in 93 appearances.

ingles

Juniors
We told you last week the Dragons had added journeyman Jack Buchanan to their forward depth.

Now they've added to their backline stocks by welcoming home former centre Charly Runciman.

The 25-year-old is back in the Red-V after a stint in the UK with Widnes.

Runciman played 12 NRL games between 2013 and 2015 for Saints before moving to England where he has since scored 24 tries in 93 appearances.

Good footballer .... hasn't had the opportunities in Pommyland , playing in a pretty bog-average team.
Showed a lot of promise as a youngster ...will be interesting to see how he has matured .

Old Timer

Coach
Runciman was another that was handled badly during his development period at our club.
I thought he had a fair bit to offer albeit not the biggest centre going around and I was sad to see him leave and if not mistaken scored a few tries in his last few games in 1st's.
Interesting that we pick up him and Maranta up and no announcements pending re a "crack" centre signing.
So again we have a lot of "depth" players, no stand outs and it beggars the question how do we find room to develop our youth?
Rucnicman or Miranda so be it but Runciman & Miranda that does seem more than odd, so maybe something going on we don't know about re losing someone.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Another ISP signing.

Does this mean Runinan’s inclusion now completes the Dragon’s 30 man squad for 2019?

giboz71

First Grade
Widnes just got relegated to Championship so not totally surprised he’s come back.

If he’s gonna play reggies, he may as well play in Australia.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Confirmed by Matt Head he has signed to play as part-time ISP and has been training for the last 2 weeks.

My guess is that, depending on his performances up until June 30, he may get a crack at spot #30. He's the sort of outside back McGregor likes.

Its obvious now we are tight with salary cap after signing Norman, so I can see one of the ISP or DS getting that #30 spot.

Latest posts