What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RWC Semi: Wales vs France

shiznit

Coach
i thought this game deserved a game thread... its a cracker!!

IMO its a toss up... Wales have been the better side in the tournament... but France have pedigree at the business end of the competition.

both sides have decent packs... and exciting back lines.

im really looking forward to the battle of the loose forwards... Warburton vs Bonnayre especially.

France have an incredibly gifted back 3 with Medard, Clerc & Traille/Heymans... all of which are of a decent size for a northern back 3.

im gonna go with France... but with no confidence...

Te Kaha

First Grade
That should be good night for Wales... bad luck there, but it was the right call... can only be a red card for a spear tackle

IanG

Coach
Wont be easy for the Welsh now. Wales down to 14 men. Captain Sam Warburton sent off for a tackle that if he did it in the NRL would only get placed on report.
Still. GO WALES!

Last edited:

Te Kaha

First Grade
Spear? Looked like a good solid tackle to me. Wouldn't have batted an eye lid in league.

Dont tak shit... his legs were lifted above the 90. it would have been a penalty and placed on report...

It was dangerous... it was the right call.

GC_Gladiator

Juniors
What a shame. Has potentially ruined a great game with a red card for what was an innocuous tackle. Again, just a good tackle.

Te Kaha

First Grade
What a shame. Has potentially ruined a great game with a red card for what was an innocuous tackle. Again, just a good tackle.

thats bullshit... the guys legs were pointing at the sky... it was just lucky he landed on his back and not neck.

andrew057

First Grade
Surely a yellow card would've been more appropriate.

Now this has turned into a kicking contest zzzzzz

GC_Gladiator

Juniors
You said yourself that that tackle would have drawn a penalty in league and would have been placed on report, but not a send off or 10 in the bin. Fact is he didn't land on his neck and he landed flat on his back. Seemed like a quite controlled tackle.

Anyway, I'll stand by the fact that I think it was a pretty rough call.

Te Kaha

First Grade
You said yourself that that tackle would have drawn a penalty in league and would have been placed on report, but not a send off or 10 in the bin. Fact is he didn't land on his neck and he landed flat on his back. Seemed like a quite controlled tackle.

Anyway, I'll stand by the fact that I think it was a pretty rough call.

Placing it on report is a cop out... League refs dont have the balls to make the big calls... it was pure luck he didnt land on his neck. They only way to stamp that out of the game is sending them off.. and controlled??? he let him go to fall to the ground.

andrew057

First Grade
Placing it on report is a cop out... League refs dont have the balls to make the big calls... it was pure luck he didnt land on his neck. They only way to stamp that out of the game is sending them off.. and controlled??? he let him go to fall to the ground.

Stamp it out? Its a contact sport mate, tackles like that will ALWAYS happen, whether its deliberate or accidental. I cant see how you could think otherwise?