What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ryan James for Rep Footy

Bronco18

Juniors
Still find it hard to fathom Matt Prior getting picked ahead of him

I think Freddy was playing it safe with a forward pack that was already pretty dominant. Prior is safe and will do a simple job.

James can potentially let a QLD side back in the game with dumb penalties. I’m thinking Wade Graham/Jarred Hayne type brainsnaps that gave QLD field position to win Game II in 2017.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
He’ll bust his ass for a few more seasons and watch Alvaro get handed a debut before him

SBD82

Coach
Has James proven to be anywhere near rep quality playing in the middle?
I'd say he's somewhere near rep quality in the middle.

But NSW have a pretty good crop at the moment. He's going to have to do a fair bit more I'd say.

Spot On

Coach
Honestly, most of the time I can't see where the push for him comes from.

Seems to rack up stats but when you watch him he does not dominate anyone or stand out in the middle imo. Bit of a worker if anything.

Maybe he'll improve?

typicalfan

Coach
He probably deserves a crack at least but I wouldn't say he is the most underrated forward.

He is a good kpi guy but is he the guy who takes the tough runs when Qld is smashing blokes left right and centre?